Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Catch Can Comparo Thread

Which OCC did you install?

• Mishimoto

Votes: 48 30.4%
  • Boomba

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • James Barone Racing

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Damond Motorsports

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • "Custom"

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 18 11.4%

• Total voters

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just installed the Damond. True PnP system. Very happy with it. The only PITA part was getting your hand in to nut the can on to the stud. but took maybe 5-10 mins. Did this and a short shifter in about 40 minutes. Thanks Damond!

I'll totally agree with you here....i have the same setup and love it. The nut did suck....if you have small hands like a carni....its somewhat easier....aka girlfriends kid not me. Hehe. Did you get the vent also or no?

I'll totally agree with you here....i have the same setup and love it. The nut did suck....if you have small hands like a carni....its somewhat easier....aka girlfriends kid not me. Hehe. Did you get the vent also or no?
Didn't get the vent. I read it was only necessary when going with a bigger turbo. So opted out of it for now.

Have you checked again? I'm interested to see what your CC produces this round... To be honest, I'm kinda concerned about the picture you posted. Looks very, very different from every sample I've pulled from mine vehicles (one supercharged, one turbocharged).
For what it's worth, when I drained my OCC last weekend, it was the exact same color as the sample you're concerned about. I have a feeling it's just a combination of temperature, humidity, type of oil used, etc. that explains the variation in appearance.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

brbauer2

I'm about to cross 1000 miles since draining. Weather will be wet all week, so should get to it this weekend.

Sent from my OnePlus 3

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
When your in the turbo or supercharged genre....cost usually isn't a factor. Look at my icon.....that black unicorn you see is a Typhoon. Nothing is made for it really anymore and it's a maintenance whore....Cap and rotor and plugs every 6-9k..broken prop shafts..locked up viscous clutches in the t-case...and not to mention the killer cost of body cladding that breaks if you look at it wrong. It's a love hate thing....cost was never am option just the legacy of the fastest production truck GMC made.But when it's fully operational....there is nothing in the world like a 15lbs boost launch. It's just chilling in the garage now..so $80 isn't too bad.[woot]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What's the point of releasing crankcase pressure.... isn't it supposed to be a closed system?
Supposedly, the (one way) check valve only opens when the crankcase pressures get to dangerous (to the seals) levels, like on sustained high rev/high boost operation. ;)

Hey guys quick question. Sorry if this is a stupid question and I did not read all 28 pages. I'm not extremely mechanically savvy. With adding any style catch can is it required to delete the sound symposer?

Hey guys quick question. Sorry if this is a stupid question and I did not read all 28 pages. I'm not extremely mechanically savvy. With adding any style catch can is it required to delete the sound symposer?
I would say no, the two are unrelated in terms of functionality. I have the Mishimoto oil catch can and still have my sound symposer and no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KKaWing

Only the Boomba valve breather (ccv/"stage 1") can that is not really necessary until you mod the engine beyond bolt-ons "require" you to take out the symposer so it can have a place to fit. The Damond and JBR cans mount on the passenger strut tower. The mishimoto mounts near the passenger headlight.

Ok thanks guys! I do want one before I get to many miles on my car. Is there one that you guys recommend more then another?

I would say no, the two are unrelated in terms of functionality. I have the Mishimoto oil catch can and still have my sound symposer and no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk