Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD Evap Canister Skid Plate

Trader history for no-pistons (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

no-pistons

Evap Canister skid plate for the Fiesta ST. These are CAD designed and CNC water jet cut 1/8 aluminum, and TIG welded. Install is easy and quick using the factory EVAP canister hardware. Included with the skid plate is a small tube of blue locktite for the mounting nuts and of course the install instructions. These will protect your evap canister from impacts and most importantly, it looks pretty damn trick sitting under the car [8D]

Price is $139 shipped in the U.S.

Please PM if you'd like one.

ESP-sm.jpg

instruction pic 2.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

I got mine last week and can't wait to get it put on. It is going to look awesome, another great product from Eric!![thumb]

I thought I would weigh in with a related personal experience of mine.

At some point this past winter an underbody panel was ripped off and my evap canister was damaged. This was discovered during a scheduled oil change back in March and the non-warranty fix cost me $745 CAD.

Something like this could prevent a costly repair down the road, especially for drivers in snowy climates.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I thought I would weigh with a related personal experience of mine.

At some point this past winter an underbody panel was ripped off and my evap canister was damaged. This was discovered during a scheduled oil change back in March and the non-warranty fix cost me $745 CAD.

Something like this could prevent a costly repair down the road, especially for drivers in snowy climates.
That is the reason I got it and looking/sourcing a skidplate/fiber plate for the engine area.

Izzy

Is the thread lock necessary? I didn't see any on mine from the OEM install and aren't the nuts the locking type?

OP
no-pistons

no-pistons

Thread Starter #17
No, its not absolutely necessary. The factory nuts are nylon-insert locking, however when reused they do not lock as well as when new. I provided the locktite as a nice gesture, but I think either way you should be fine.

Izzy

No, its not absolutely necessary. The factory nuts are nylon-insert locking, however when reused they do not lock as well as when new. I provided the locktite as a nice gesture, but I think either way you should be fine.
Just checking...I'll monitor it, but mine were tight going in from the get go...thanks for the fast reply.

Here's mine...EVAP armor on!!

Attachments

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I got mine on in about 15 miuntes if I did not take pics once the car was up on stands ..
Here is what I got pics say it all fir and finish even before it was coated are TOP NOTCH and the holes are the perfect size to fit the nuts through from the bottom with ease.
A well thought out product well made and EASY to install..

Thanks No-Pistons GREAT WORK AGAIN !!!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.