Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kev's 2014 Ingot Silver Build thread.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #23
Updated original post, pictures of the diode dynamics LEDs and packaging. Will be installed on my next day off.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #24
Updated Original post with daytime pictures of installed LEDs on rear of the car. Will update with pictures of the load resistors for the hyper blink fix and night pictures ASAP.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #25
Getting my carbon fiber on, Just ordered the bojix CF splitter and some CF headlight eyebrows. Seibon CF Hood is probably in my future. Having second thoughts on the fifteen52 CF spoiler extension however. Its really pricey.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #26
Cancelled the order on the DHM intercooler and charge pipe. Will be ordering a J-line, CMbuildz bracket, and MBRP hotside pipe.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #29
Finally got my refund from DHM and ordered the J-Line, CMbuildz mount kit, and mbrp pipe today.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #30
Updated main post with pictures of the Pierce strut bar and trunk bar installed. Also pic of stage 3 items waiting to be installed. Bojix CF splitter should be here Monday (9/14/15).

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Updated main post with pictures of the Pierce strut bar and trunk bar installed. Also pic of stage 3 items waiting to be installed. Bojix CF splitter should be here Monday (9/14/15).
Feel any difference with the strut and trunk bar? I have my strut bar and torsion bar on order. Can't wait for them. And that blue they gave it matches perfectly.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #32
Feel any difference with the strut and trunk bar? I have my strut bar and torsion bar on order. Can't wait for them. And that blue they gave it matches perfectly.
I installed the trunk bar first and took it for a short ride around town. Honestly at the speed limit I couldn't tell any difference. I'm not really understanding how it would do much but everyone says this bar and the similar one from TB balance the car better and makes for better track times. The strut bar was kind of a pain to install, but looks good and the front end feels tighter. Later today I plan on taking it for some run runs on the back roads.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I installed the trunk bar first and took it for a short ride around town. Honestly at the speed limit I couldn't tell any difference. I'm not really understanding how it would do much but everyone says this bar and the similar one from TB balance the car better and makes for better track times. The strut bar was kind of a pain to install, but looks good and the front end feels tighter. Later today I plan on taking it for some run runs on the back roads.
Why was it a pain? And I'm not going after the trunk bar. Going to get Pierce's torsion bar. Feel like that will do more so we'll see.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #34
Why was it a pain? And I'm not going after the trunk bar. Going to get Pierce's torsion bar. Feel like that will do more so we'll see.
It's just hard to get to all of the nuts to get them off, then once the bar is lined up right its hard to put them back on and get them tight. It's not impossible, but can make for a few skinned/bruised knuckles. You'll need a 10mm and 12mm. Deep well sockets are too tall to fit. Ended up using ratcheting wrenches and on a few used a flex extension and a ratchet.

GAbOS

As I am sure with most rear strut bars, your percentage of not bending a shock when you clock the wheel on something at a high rate of speed is greatly decreased but still a higher number than the bar would make on actually effecting what the suspension does. Connect that bar to the rear rolling assembly for a proper lock down.

First I found that wasn't imagescrap.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #39
Ordered the fifteen52 carbon fiber spoiler extension today. Not sure if anybody has it yet, haven't seen pictures except for the ones on the fifteen52 website and that one is painted.