Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kev's 2014 Ingot Silver Build thread.

Current Mods:

Engine & Transmission:
Ingen SP Intake
Boomba BOV Adapter
Boomba Symposer Delete
Boomba Oil Cap
Boomba Coolant Reservoir Cap
Boomba Brake Fluid Cap
Boomba Stage 2 Oil Catch Can
Boomba Battery Tie-Down
MBRP XP 3" Cat Back Exhaust
MBRP Hot Side Charge Pipe
Cobb AP V3
Cobb Rear Motor Mount
Mishimoto J-Line Intercooler (CMBuildz Bracket Kit)
Depo Racing Catted DP
Denso ITV22 (5340) Spark Plugs (Tune+ Gapped)
Cyborg Turbo (with Ported stock Manifold)
Turbosmart Wastegate Actuator
Tune+ E-Tune

Suspension & Brakes
BC Racing Coilovers Custom Valved by 2j-Racing (6k front & 4k Rear Springs)
Pierce Motorsport 4-point Lower Brace
Pierce Motorsport Strut Tie Bar
Pierce Motorsport Trunk Brace
TB Performance Torsion Bar
Motul RBF 600 Brake Fluid
Boomba Brake Cooling Deflectors
Wilwood 12.19" Spec37 front Rotors
Wilwood DynaPro 6 Forged Billet Six-Piston Front Calipers (Black)
Wilwood SS Front Brake Lines
Wilwood Polymatrix-E Front Brake Pads

Exterior:
Sparco Assetto Gara wheels in Matte Graphite (17x7)
DMB Blue ST Overlays
Red Rock Decals Rally Driver Name Tag Window Decals
Diode Dynamics Rear LED Brake Light (Red HP11)
Diode Dynamics Reverse LED (Cool White HP36)
Diode Dynamics Plate LED (Cool White HP3)
Diode Dynamics Rear Turn Signal LED (Amber HP11) & Hyperblink Fix Kit
Diode Dynamics Side Marker LEDs (Amber HP3)
Diode Dynamics LED Fog Lights (Cool White XP80)
Diode Dynamics Front Turn Signal Switchbacks (Amber & Cool White HP24) & Hyperblink Fix Kit
Diode Dynamics Side Mirror Signals LEDs (Amber HP3)
Xenondepot 6000K LED Low Beams
Perrin Shorty Antenna
Bojix Carbon Fiber Splitter
Hella Supertones (Blue, Mounted in Grille)
Boomba License Plate Washers
Rally Armour Mudflaps (black/blue)

Interior:
No-Pistons Dead Pedal
Boomba Round Weighted Shift Knob (Black, 270g)

Parts Waiting to be Installed
Fifteen52 Carbon Fiber Spoiler Extension
No-Pistons Gas Pedal Spacer
Mishimoto Oil Cooler (Silver, Thermostatic)
Mishimoto Coolant Expansion Tank (Powder Coated Black)

Parts on order:
Nothing for the moment.

Future plans (in no particular order):
Hawk HPS Rear Brake Pads
Motul 300 Gear Oil
Boomba Shift Kit
Seibon RS Style CF hood

Storyline from the beginning. Most recent event at the bottom :

I bought the car used with 11k on it in late february 2015. Traded in my 2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV.

Last picture of it completely stock, sitting in the shop waiting for some mods :)

First Mods were Ingen Intake, Blue ST overlays from DMB, Boomba VTA BOV adapter, Boomba Symposer Delete, MBRP Catback Exhaust, Cobb RMM, and Cobb AP running Stage 1.

Not too long after that I got the Sparco Assetto Gara wheels in Matte Graphite (17x7)

After that it was time to tackle the suspension with BC Coilovers, pierce 4pt front brace, and TB torsion beam brace.

(8/21/15)
Installed the boomba catch can today. For some reason mine didn't come with clamps so I had to buy some. I ended up getting some that could be tightened by hand so it would make removing the catch can easier later on when it needed to be drained. I also decided to go along with the 5/8 ID rubber hose to replace the OE plastic tube. I cut the OE connectors off right at the ribbed part of the tube and used a little oil to slip the rubber hose over it. The bolt on the intake manifold that needs to come off is an 8mm (I didn't see that listed anywhere in the install instructions) and can be a pain to get to unless you have extensions or a deep socket.

Picture of what came in the box

Upper part installed to the OE connector. The hoses supplied from boomba are long enough to reach to the OE connectors so I only needed a few inches of 5/8 ID rubber hose to adapt it to the connector.

Same for the bottom part (Intake side)

Finished, showing the routing of all of the hoses. I turned the whole catch can in the bracket and pushed it as low in the bracket as it would go to make it clear the hose coming off the ingen intake tube. I didn't feel comfortable forcing the top of the catch can to spin. I can still see the window on the catch can to see if it is full from the side.

All finished with the engine cover back on.

(8/22/2015)The LEDs for the Tail lights came in today
Diode Dynamics Rear LED Tail Light (Red HP11)
Diode Dynamics Reverse LED (White HP36)
Diode Dynamics Plate LED (Cool White HP3)
Diode Dynamics Rear Turn Signal LED (Amber HP11) & Hyperblink Fix Kit

(8/25/15) Pictures of the LEDs Installed:

Reverse:

Signal:

Brakes:

What the LEDs look like from the outside:

The brake and signal lights have a projector housing on the very end and look very bright from directly behind the car. They also have leds on the sides the light up the entire housing. Overall I'm glad I went with a quality brand like diode dynamics instead of the cheap ebay LEDs.

(9/12/15) Installed the Pierce Motorsports Strut Bar and Trunk Bar today.

Also now have all of the pieces for cobb stage 3 tune!

(9/16/15) Installed a Perrin Shorty Antenna.

and stickered the back window...I'm sure I'll get some hate for it but I like the style. Also like supporting boomba racing for their great products and we all want to save the manuals!

(10/4/15) Got the LEDs for the front of the car. Was going to wait until Diode Dynamics re-released their switchbacks, but decided to go ahead and just do regular amber signals in the front in the mean time. Also decided to go with Xenondepot LED headlights instead of HIDs.

Front daytime comparison, the camera really doesn't do it justice. They are both about the same brightness and the LEDs look more crisp and a white with a very slight blue tint.
Left is the Xenondepot LED and Right is the stock halogen.

Here is the headlights on with the fogs on for color comparison. Fogs are still running the stock halogens until the weather gets better. The side markers have been changed out for the Diode Dynamics Amber HP3 bulb. Still haven't got around to changing out the signals to the LEDs, still have to figure out where the ground and signal wires are on the headlight harness to install the hyperblink fix.

(10/5/15) Installed the Fogs today. Diode Dynamics XP80 6000K "Cool White"

(11/27/15) Installed the Bojix CF splitter. Took forever to get it because of a mix up with bojix (mixed up my order with another person and sent them my part and sent me theirs, bojix sent me out the label to ship what I got to the other person but the other person decided to keep my part). Then it took forever to get the right part made and shipped out. They offered me free shipping on the matching side splitters but I doubt I will order them after this experience. I ordered the part in august and finally got it about a week ago. I asked for a partial refund for the wait ($150) they said I would get it when the part shipped but I have yet to see it. Anyway. I got the it and it seems to be good quality and it looks really good on the car, I love carbon fiber.

(12/6/15) Installed the Mishimoto J-Line with the CMBuildz bracket kit.

Here is a picture of how IC clears the bojix splitter. I left the bottom air dam off because it would not fit anymore with the intercooler and the splitter. The splitter actually fits pretty snug and helps keep the air that comes into the grill in the front from going underneath the intercooler.

(01/16/15)Got the Depo Racing downpipe and MBRP hot side hard pipe installed. I can't hear any more turbo noise through the intake than before so idk why ford bothered with that "donut" resonator in the stock pipe. The exhaust with the dp and the MBRP exhaust is pretty loud, cruising isn't bad but any time the motor is under load it is loud. I do like the pop and crackle I get now though.

[video=youtube;TTKr7J_SmfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTKr7J_SmfU[/video]

(1/29/16) Decided to ask Cobb what the deal was about running the Cobb Staged tunes with an IC or DP from another brand. These are the emails:

There was another thread going on about this, from personal experience I know my set up works safely, but opinions got thrown around and there was some murky info so I wanted to get it straight for other people who have the same question. IMO a pro-tune will be better, but for me this is just a stepping stone to a pro tune.

(2/2/16) The fifteen52 wing extension came in!

(3/5/16) Installed the Diode Dynamics Front Turn Signal Switchbacks

(3/23/16) Got the new boomba brake and coolant cap covers and the battery tie down. Engine Bay is looking pretty blue right now.

(3/31/16) Wilwood front BBK installed today and also flushed the system out with motul rbf 600 fluid.

Also installed the Rally Armor UR mudflaps today #becauserallycar...

(4/29/16) Got the Cyborg Turbo, Ported Manifold, Turbosmart Wastegate Actuator, Denso Plugs, Boomba Brake Cooling Deflectors put on and loaded up the Tune+ basemap....and wow. This is the way the car should of came stock. Predictable and smooth power band and power holds until redline. Sorry no pictures because the turbo looks pretty much stock, but the feeling is awesome.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #3
Hmm, weird. I see them here.

Edit: Also can see them on my phone too...I did link them from FB so idk if that is the issue.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I guess I need to start one of these things. I will keep this post updated with upgrades and news on my build. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics in advance.

I bought the car used with 11k on it in late february 2015. It snowed the next day and I quickly learned that the summer tires suck in the snow.

Found my twin at work.

In the shop before getting some mods!

First Mods were Ingen Intake, Blue ST overlays from DMB, Boomba VTA BOV adapter, Boomba Symposer Delete, MBRP Catback Exhaust, Cobb RMM, and Cobb AP running Stage 1.

Not too long after that I got the Sparco Assetto Gara wheels in Matte Graphite (17x7)

After that it was time to tackle the suspension with BC Coilovers, pierce 4pt front brace, and TB torsion beam brace.

(more pictures coming soon!)

I felt like it was time for some "dress up" pieces and got a boomba oil cap, no-pistons ST battery tie-down and dead pedal. Also got some CF Ford emblems from TFP designs.
(pictures coming soon!)

Right now I have a DHM factory fit intercooler and hot side charge pipe and a depo racing catted DP on order so I can go stage 3 cobb tune. Also have a White "cue-ball" shift knob on order from CJ pony parts. Boomba stage two OCC also on order (8/3/15)

Future plans (in no particular order):
Boomba Intake and TB Spacers
Forge Blue Silicone Charge Pipes
Mountune Blue Silicone Coolant Pipes
Mishimoto Oil Cooler
Mishimoto Radiator
Pierce Motorsport Strut Tie Bar
Pierce Motorsport Trunk Brace
LED fog lights
Blue Hella Supertones Horns mounted in the grille
eibach or Cobb sway bars
Rally Armour MudFlaps
Bojinx CF splitter
fifteen52 CF rear spoiler extension
CF hood
"big turbo" (not sure which one yet)
Pro-Tune
Want to hear more about the Depo dp. Car looks great.

And you mind explaining the difference between all these damn pipe kits I keep seeing? Ha. You have the Mountune and Forge ones on your listed future parts. Just curious. All I have coming so far is the DHM hot side charge pipe.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #7
Still waiting for the dp to get here but when it does I'll take pictures. The forge ones are silicone intercooler pipes, basically to replace the stock ford rubber piping, same with the Mountune pipes for the radiator. Plus they just look better under the hood. I'm going for a blue accents theme. I like to mix show and go.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Still waiting for the dp to get here but when it does I'll take pictures. The forge ones are silicone intercooler pipes, basically to replace the stock ford rubber piping, same with the Mountune pipes for the radiator. Plus they just look better under the hood. I'm going for a blue accents theme. I like to mix show and go.
Oh okay, sounds good. And I'm kinda going with a black and red theme under mine. Thinking of getting the Boomba red oil cap and tie down.

Already have the DHM red sound symposer delete. That's about it. Ha. Probably get the Pierce upper struct brace in red also.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #9
Update (8/7/15): DP and Boomba catch can kit are here. Ordered hella supertones in blue. Pictures in original post. More info/pictures on DP will be posted to the DP thread. Original post will be updated when parts are installed/ordered/received.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Update (8/7/15): DP and Boomba catch can kit are here. Ordered hella supertones in blue. Pictures in original post. More info/pictures on DP will be posted to the DP thread. Original post will be updated when parts are installed/ordered/received.
Very interested in impressions of the catch can and dp. They both look great.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #11
Very interested in impressions of the catch can and dp. They both look great.
Just dumped some more detailed pictures of the DP on the dp thread. I didn't really want to clutter this build thread up with discussion on the quality of the DP.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #12
(8/8/15) Updated pictures of the braces and BC coilovers.
Added picture of the CJ pony parts shift knob.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #14
How you like the 4 pt? I have the 2 pt brace. Waiting for pierces torsion bar.
I had that, the coil overs, and TB torsion bar installed at the same time, so I can tell you all of the pieces working together improved the handling greatly. Almost no body lean and the car just hooks in the corners. The ride is improved over stock, due to the coil overs and the adjustable dampening, which I have set to 12 in the front and 8 in the rear. I have the 6k/4k springs. If i were to race it I would probably dial up the dampening some. Between the pierce brace and cobb RMM wheel hop has been eliminated for the most part. Overall the car is a lot more fun to drive, especially in the city. I think highway performance (as far as comfort) has suffered somewhat, but I can't quite put my finger on it. It handles fine but it seems kinda bouncy in the rear at times but I think it is really more so the highway being bumpy and uneven in places, on some of the newer highways and repaved ones I have no issue. It may also be due to the torsion bar stiffening things up because I haven't read any reviews saying that the coil overs would cause that, especially at the spring rates I have. I just never noticed the imperfections in the road as much in my Sentra SE-R but it was all stock.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I had that, the coil overs, and TB torsion bar installed at the same time, so I can tell you all of the pieces working together improved the handling greatly. Almost no body lean and the car just hooks in the corners. The ride is improved over stock, due to the coil overs and the adjustable dampening, which I have set to 12 in the front and 8 in the rear. I have the 6k/4k springs. If i were to race it I would probably dial up the dampening some. Between the pierce brace and cobb RMM wheel hop has been eliminated for the most part. Overall the car is a lot more fun to drive, especially in the city. I think highway performance (as far as comfort) has suffered somewhat, but I can't quite put my finger on it. It handles fine but it seems kinda bouncy in the rear at times but I think it is really more so the highway being bumpy and uneven in places, on some of the newer highways and repaved ones I have no issue. It may also be due to the torsion bar stiffening things up because I haven't read any reviews saying that the coil overs would cause that, especially at the spring rates I have. I just never noticed the imperfections in the road as much in my Sentra SE-R but it was all stock.
Sounds good man. I want to go springs but scared about driving in the city everyday for work. I was thinking about the 4 pt brace but decided on the 2 pt due to people say the 2 matches more spirited daily driving which is all I'll be doing. Can't wait for the torsion bar though.

Damn you and adding all this blue as I'm trying to do the same at the moment. Haha Looks great though!

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #17
Sounds good man. I want to go springs but scared about driving in the city everyday for work. I was thinking about the 4 pt brace but decided on the 2 pt due to people say the 2 matches more spirited daily driving which is all I'll be doing. Can't wait for the torsion bar though.
Having a lowered car can be a challenge. There are a few places I can't go to anymore just because their driveways are too steep so I just park next door or find someplace else to go lol. There are speed bumps where I live so I made sure it wasn't so low that I would get hung up on those. The thing about the 4pt brace is it goes further back away from the wheels and can cause some clearance issues on a lowered car. I've scraped mine a few times. I want the bojix CF splitter but I'm kinda worried that I'll end up breaking it on something or scrapping it really bad. That and the fifteen52 spoiler extension are very close to being next on my list. The Pierce trunk brace and strut tie bar will be ordered by the end of the week.

Damn you and adding all this blue as I'm trying to do the same at the moment. Haha Looks great though!
Haha, thanks!

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #18
Updated the Main post. Pierce Motorsport Strut Tie Bar and Pierce Motorsport Trunk Brace are now on order. Hella Supertones are here, waiting for the intercooler to come in so I can install them both at one time.

Edit: Ordered all of the LEDs for the rear of the car (brake lights, turn signals, reverse, plate) from diode dynamics. Will install and see how I feel about them and possibly buy their HID kits for the low beams and fogs and a switchback bulbs for the front signals.

OP
GateCityRadio
Thread Starter #20
Quick question since you already did it, the overlay ST badges. I didnt really take a look but you do just put them over the current ones or is there peeling of the old ones off first yet?
It's just a vinyl decal that goes over the red part inside of the ST badge. I put it right over the red.