Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SoCal Meet & Drive 08/16/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

SICKESSS-ST

What's up everyone,

We have a long drive set up for Sunday August 16th. The route is below.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pan...4446aeb8f9d!2m2!1d-118.571617!2d34.385568!3e0

I will post more details after Thursday's meet with the other SVF STs. I just wanted to post this so that people can start planning. Meet up time will be 6-7am and we should be on the road no later than 8am.

Last drive we did we had 15 STs and we all had a blast, even the people that got lost, don't worry, I won't say your names [wink]. We found them eventually! Hope you see you all there again and let's shoot for at least 20 STs this time.

Stay tuned...........

EDIT:

I'm adding this here so people don't have to read the whole thread if they don't want to.

A few slight changes to our drive:

1. Meet up time will be 7am, we will drive off at about 7:30am. I will be at the meet up spot between 6-6:30am to grab a quick bite to eat before we leave, in case anyone wants to join me.

2. We are meeting at the Panera Bread parking lot, I went to check out both spots and I think Panera will work better. The parking lot is between Panera and Sport Chalet.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.2050...1994925,19.75z

3. We are going to Woodranch BBQ & Grill in Stevenson Ranch after the drive to have lunch, hopefully everyone can make it also.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wo...9764446aeb8f9d

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Last drive we did we had 15 STs and we all had a blast, even the people that got lost, don't worry, I won't say your names [wink]. .....
It's OK, you can mention his name as we only had Juan person get lost. LOL

Dave

I'm in. Great job with the route [MENTION=697]SICKESSS-ST[/MENTION] , combining the two seems fun as hell. I'll get to drive south on the 2 to get to the meet, and drive north on lake hughes road to get back home. My ST will sleep good sunday night after that workout. [woot]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As in some areas that we will be going on this and future runs.
I strongly suggest that we have and use personal two way radios.
These are cheap now and available many places.

I also suggest that you get the ones that have sub channel capabilities.

Dave

This might be a bit too epic for me, but we shall see. I'm looking at a full tank of gas in one go between driving up there and driving back home to the LBC afterwards. Is there a Costco around there?

I should just let this blow over, but I feel the need to mention that it was the car in front of me that had the poor sense of direction. I'm the one that got the two of us to the meeting point. I ain't mad, though.

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #15
I'm in. Great job with the route [MENTION=697]SICKESSS-ST[/MENTION] , combining the two seems fun as hell. I'll get to drive south on the 2 to get to the meet, and drive north on lake hughes road to get back home. My ST will sleep good sunday night after that workout. [woot]

Thank you sir! It's the first time we do this route but I'm sure we're going to have a blast.

Your FiST will indeed sleep goog that night.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
This might be a bit too epic for me, but we shall see. I'm looking at a full tank of gas in one go between driving up there and driving back home to the LBC afterwards. Is there a Costco around there?
How much is a full tank of gas ? 40 bucks ? Well worth it for an awesome day in the canyon with friends. And I don't know of any cosco's other then the one in burbank

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #17
Lol, you drove here from Detroit, this cannot be too epic after that.

I think the closest Costco might be in Burbank.

I should just let this blow over, but I feel the need to mention that it was the car in front of me that had the poor sense of direction. I'm the one that got the two of us to the meeting point. I ain't mad, though.
Lol, it's all in good fun, thanks for being a good sport!

How much is a full tank of gas ? 40 bucks ? Well worth it for an awesome day in the canyon with friends. And I don't know of any cosco's other then the one in burbank
It's not the money so much as the worry that I'll be too exhausted halfway through. I'm probably thinking too hard. It won't actually be a 3 hour drive at speed. ;-)

RobK

It's not the money so much as the worry that I'll be too exhausted halfway through. I'm probably thinking too hard. It won't actually be a 3 hour drive at speed. ;-)
There is plenty of easy cruising in that route, I definitely wouldn't worry about it.

D_resonant

Count me in. Sic-ST, thoughts on rally points? (For those of us attempting to adhere to the posted limits on the front side of Angeles Crest.)

Status
Not open for further replies.