Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Creak, Rattle and other noise complaint thread

Somewhere in the steering column, behind the wheel, vibration buzzing noise...

The carpeted cardboard thing between the rear seats and the rear window with the little stings on it rattles over bumps.

Wind is whistling past one of the door seals, I'd guess, from the front corner of the driver's side door above 45MPH. I can turn up the radio to ignore it, but I'd rather not. Is that a common issue? All the windows are up and I don't see kinks or tears in any of the window or door seals.

My left rear door speaker rattles when it has to produce any kind of bass. Tapping the door panel doesn't reproduce the sound; sound has to be playing. The dealer shrugged off both issues.

Rear passenger side suspension is squeaking on low speed right turns. I think it's just the new car settling though.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
When its really cold, turning slowly I can hear the rear twist beam / springs every so slightly. Its cool though, because I'm thinking that the sound RAZEKAR makes bro

Hi everyone,

If you have a creak, rattle, or other noise you want me to look into helping you get repaired, please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location, along with the details of your concern.

Meagan

When you guys apply your brakes do you hear the pads like kinda making a noise/grinding when coming to a stop?

-ry

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
When you guys apply your brakes do you hear the pads like kinda making a noise/grinding when coming to a stop?

-ry
Only the first time I drive it when it has been sitting for a while after it has been in snow/wet conditions till they dry off ..

When its really cold, turning slowly I can hear the rear twist beam / springs every so slightly. Its cool though, because I'm thinking that the sound RAZEKAR makes bro
Yes, I can hear mine, very faintly though. Just feels like a soft rubbing noise when I apply them and and roll to a stop.

Yea that's how mine are too. I'm assuming it's the "aggressive" brake pads that are doing it. Never had a car with these type of pads. Just checking. Mine only when I come to a stop to. Can only hear it if you try to.

-ry

I noticed ever since I got my FiST, that the AC unit makes some sort of weird clicking noise when shutting on/off. I can hear the clicking mainly coming from the drivers side vent next to the MFT screen. It clicks for about a second or two when turning on/off. I think there may be something wrong with my AC because ever since this weekend, I also started noticing that the fan would speed up, then slow down randomly which is really weird. AUTO was not on so there was no reason for it to speed up then slow down. Gonna keep my eye on it for a little bit then take it in if I feel I need to. Kinda sucks though and disappointing for a brand new car.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I noticed ever since I got my FiST, that the AC unit makes some sort of weird clicking noise when shutting on/off. I can hear the clicking mainly coming from the drivers side vent next to the MFT screen. It clicks for about a second or two when turning on/off. I think there may be something wrong with my AC because ever since this weekend, I also started noticing that the fan would speed up, then slow down randomly which is really weird. AUTO was not on so there was no reason for it to speed up then slow down. Gonna keep my eye on it for a little bit then take it in if I feel I need to. Kinda sucks though and disappointing for a brand new car.
My fan speeds up and slows down, normal I think relating to the speed of the Vehicle. My car makes clicking noises when I first switch off the key. I thinks its something self-testing, perhaps the boost solenoid. I don't think its the AC clutch on my vehicle .

My rear clunking/groaning has gotten worse. Happens during cold start take off, rough roads, and coming to a stop after extended highway driving. Local dealer kinda sucks already and wasn't able to replicate the issue after a quick spin with me behind the wheel (murphy's law). I'm moving in a month to San Francisco so I'll have someone down there take care of it.

Also, my gas pedal has slowly started angling towards the passenger side of the car, makes heel-toe shifts difficult. Anyone else seeing with this?

It was the best of times...it was the worst of times...picked up the IS FiST yesterday and took it for a 60 mile drive and there is this noise coming from the rear end...like a brake pad is stuck on the rotor, but a constant noise that I thought was road noise...then I was doing a little 1st gear break in with my window down and heard a ticking sound coming from left front wheel...earlier when I was backing up in reverse, when I turned the wheel, there was this crunching sound...like a cv joint...anyway it is going back to the dealership today...shitballz![bigcry]

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #38
Finally got my FiST back from the dealer yesterday. They made a couple of adjustments to the moonroof seals and replaced the a-pillar panel. Both rattle and wind noise are now gone. If you guys are having similar issues take it in to have it fixed.