Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Creak, Rattle and other noise complaint thread

I had a rattle coming from somewhere near the rear hatch. I pulled off the license plate and the rattle went away! I guess it rattles because the plate is slightly elevated with the rubber stops on the bottom/top. So I put a little weather stripping on the back of the license plate (the kind that you use to seal a window) and the noise is gone! Seems to have worked but i'l only know for sure after a week or so of driving. I'm not 100% convinced this was the solution because the rattles were intermittent, but if it was the license plate, then it should always sound. Guess I'll find out!

Me and a Co-worker both have STs and got the normal creaking and window rattling like everyone else. He has had his car in for just the rear hatch button stopped working which they have replaced under warranty. So far I will be taking my car in for its second oil change just over 10k miles and I have developed a shaking while at highway speeds that seems from the front end. I want to say it's just a wheel weight gone missing or a tire that shifted belts (would be upset as I'm now over 10k for tire warranty) I also have the rear end braking noise from time to time just whenever it feels like happening for me is like nails on a chalkboard or a grinding noise. I want to express my feelings however to the more simple complaints is the key fob, and how cheap they are. The tiny little plastic that is about the thickness of a toothpick easily came apart on me and I now have to carry the fob around in a pocket instead of my key ring. Talked to my salesman and he said I would have to purchase a new key fob... I love my car just want my key fob replaced :D

3NCOR

Ever since after 2500k miles, my car acts like it wants to stall out and shut off immediately after filling up the gas tank. I don't "top it off" and I keep my Hill Assist on.

But every time I get done filling her up with gas and drive away and stop, the RPMs drop and acts like it wants to die. It's freaking me out a lot. I use 93oct gas and have an AP. I heard other members mention something similar to this but it was a while back and don't remember which forum/post it was.

If anyone has noticed anything like this, please let me know. It's a brand new car and should not be acting like this.
Had the same issue EXACTLY as you have explained it. About 3K miles, I was near empty and filled up all the way at a Shell. Drove up to a Burger King drive-thru and while stopped the car wanted to turn off after shaking and RPM dropping only to immediately level itself again. Happened again the moment after I drove up to the pickup window. Got on the freeway and drove for 30 miles no issues, it has not happened since.

I don't know why it happened, all I know is that from day one I've always filled with 91 Chevron this day I happened to stop by a Shell.

Where's the * shrug * smiley?

I had my 2014 FiST in recently for a knocking sound in the rear. At parking lot speeds, I would hear a knock or thump from somewhere in the back. The dealer investigated and ended up removing and remounting the rear seat using some 'sound kit' on the rear seat bushings. No clue what that means, but it was on the invoice for warranty work. In any case, it fixed the noise.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I had my 2014 FiST in recently for a knocking sound in the rear. At parking lot speeds, I would hear a knock or thump from somewhere in the back. The dealer investigated and ended up removing and remounting the rear seat using some 'sound kit' on the rear seat bushings. No clue what that means, but it was on the invoice for warranty work. In any case, it fixed the noise.
Oh wow thats good to know.

YIN

I can hear the squeaky noise "GI GI GI..." from front (maybe dashboard or engine bay or front suspension....I'm not sure) when car on the bumpy road. sounds like some thing loose or rub.

My centre bin lid likes to rattle and dance the rhumba on colder days. Not worth chasing Ford over, might just stick some rubber feet on the contact points.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I can hear the squeaky noise "GI GI GI..." from front (maybe dashboard or engine bay or front suspension....I'm not sure) when car on the bumpy road. sounds like some thing loose or rub.
My front suspension makes like a "pshh" sound over bumps but I was told that's just the shocks and it's normal.

My centre bin lid likes to rattle and dance the rhumba on colder days. Not worth chasing Ford over, might just stick some rubber feet on the contact points.
Mine rattles too, what are these rubber feet you speak of and where are you putting them? That's like the only part of my center console that rattles. When I put my arm on it it stops but it happens as soon as I take it off. It's not loud or anything, just noticeable and I'm OCD.

My front suspension makes like a "pshh" sound over bumps but I was told that's just the shocks and it's normal.
Indeed. My focus did it too, had a strut clunk and they rebuilt the front end under warranty and that same noise still existed. Loud shocks.

donb3130

When ever I push the button to start, there is a clicking that can be heard from right side under dash that continues for a second or two after the car starts.
is this normal... I am guessing it is.

My car, about 15 seconds after starting it or just having on accessory on, makes faint "beep beep beep beep" coming from the speakers. Just started doing this...

cat3600

Coming from a speed 6 after 9 years of having her this is like a silent fast machine, I have only 800+ kms but except one rattle from the glove box its very quiet, I love this car, not sure what will happen over a couple of years with all the pot holes in Toronto, for now I'm very satisfied. My speed 6 sounded like the suspension was falling off! I have hardly any noise in this car for now atleast.

FistSt215

Walk out to this a few days ago in the morning . I put it back together but now it's loose and its irritating me .

Attachments

I'm still getting an annoying SQUEEK on bumpy roads, immediately to the right of my leg under the shifter area in the console. Tried taking the cover off and if you press on it, it goes away. I haven't been able to eliminate it completely yet.

PhoenixM3

I get this weird "snick, snick" noise which occurs between shifts. It almost seems like an echo of the sound you might hear as the gearshift goes from 1st through neutral into 2nd gear.... I imagine it is clutch/driveline related...

My FIST has more creaks and rattles than any of my 5 other cars, including my 1979 Mustang. My 2000 Ranger was absolutely silent for about the first 80k miles. The FIST interior makes all kinds of noise. I installed a 6 point Pierce bar trying to tie things together, but no difference. I really like the little car, but I think by the time it's paid off in five years, it's going to have fallen apart. My dad's 2014 Focus interior makes similar noises. Not impressed Ford.

Regifeld

I have a creaking sound that I hear when I turn the wheel in either direction. It sounds like a boat creaking.

When ever I push the button to start, there is a clicking that can be heard from right side under dash that continues for a second or two after the car starts.
is this normal... I am guessing it is.
this isnt normal. take it to the dealer. this is a common issue with the fiesta. they need to replace some part. Try searching the forums

My drivers side squeaks really bad every turn or bump I hit. Not sure if this is something I can fix with some WD40 and tightening of bolts or something I need to take into the dealer.