Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is 93 octane a must ?

If I plan lets just say , to keep the car bone stock engine wise, will I still notice a advantage using 93 versus 87 regular ? Just wondering if it worth it for the extra 50 cents a gallon ?

If I plan lets just say , to keep the car bone stock engine wise, will I still notice a advantage using 93 versus 87 regular ? Just wondering if it worth it for the extra 50 cents a gallon ?
At 50c a gallon, you're only looking at an additional 6 dollars to fill the tank. Just mull that over.

I run 87 in the winter. No point in high boost anyways, no traction. And cold air to boot. Welcome! Nice name...

Enjoy 93 with the summer tires, switch fuel when you switch to winter tires, and enjy a few bucks in savings. Car is designed to run on any. You will notice a small power loss in the higher rpm range. I can see it on my access port with retarding some timing on full throttle pulls.

OP
Rocket
Thread Starter #4
Your from mokena , are you kidding , ? Anyone else that you know of in this forum in will county ? I only seen one ST in months around me ? Did you buy from curry ford ?

me32

1000 Post Club
Yes you will notice added power and better mpg with 93/91 vs 87. But the car will run on 87.

I have always put 93 in my cars, coming from VW. I don't think it's much of a difference, but like the guy above said... it's not that much of a difference price-wise for me to just run 93 year-round.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Just my 2 cents, you purchased a high performance, small displacement turbo car, if you can't spare the extra ~$5 or so per tank for some high octane fuel, whats the point?

Your from mokena , are you kidding , ? Anyone else that you know of in this forum in will county ? I only seen one ST in months around me ? Did you buy from curry ford ?
Nope. And you won't see me on the road much with my ST when the temps are above 50F and not raining. I'll be riding my nc700x.

Yes I did get my car from Curry Ford. Moron salesman couldn't get my colors and options correct. I gave up on the guy and went to the head manager, explained what I wanted and they found it 2 weeks later in Wisconsin. Dealer transfer, and bam Got my molten orange with gray wheels and molten orange recaro's. I had to take the sunroof package, even though I didn't want it, they simply could not find a 2014 with recaros without it in the color I wanted. And too late to order one.

Then the moron finance guy couldn't understand why I didnt' want an extended warranty. 2 hours arguing that point. I didn't have a choice and I wanted this car. So busted out all my moves, and then, finally, when we got it all right. I slapped down my Z plan. And the guy about exploded. I laughed, said fill out paperwork and I'll sign.

They keep calling about services, and I keep telling them I'll be doing it myself, and they keep claiming warranty warranty. Ugh, incompetent.

And to answer a few more statements. I get 32 MPG when running on 87 with stock tune. I'm averaging 30.2 with my 93 cobb stage 1 tune. Thanks to the new pricing module, premium is now 60 Cents higher a gallon. WHY???

Just my 2 cents, you purchased a high performance, small displacement turbo car, if you can't spare the extra ~$5 or so per tank for some high octane fuel, whats the point?
Due to snow, ice, and cold. No point in going into boost all the time. All you do is slip, slide, and go nowhere, Plus I don't want to shredd my expensive Ice X3 winter tires. Save the $6.50 a tank and put that toward the summer fuel costs. A/C on 100% of the time, and I don't try to be gentle, So much fun!

How many miles do you have? I think that has a little to do with MPGs. My first 5k averaged around 28-30 MPGs. I'm at 11k now and averaged 36 MPG from PA to TN at 80.

OP
Rocket
Thread Starter #11
Yeh , 6 bucks is 6 bucks , my last name ain't gates or Winfrey. , I had a much better experience there than you did , sorry to say , the one I wanted was on the showroom floor , in and out in 2 hours , full tank of gas free first oil change , lifetime car washes that I won't use . , the finance guy asked me once about extended warranty said no , never brought it up again , couldn't be happier
With the car , a beast .

OP
Rocket
Thread Starter #12
Although that Orange is bad ass , worth the wait