Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rally Sport Driect ATI 52mm Gauge Vent Pod - Fiesta ST Install/Review

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It always great to have options.
However there is a down side to this mount in my case.

I don't want to loose the AC vent as it was over 100 degrees this week.
Also the steering wheel blocks the view of the gauge.

It does look nice so I hope it works for others.

Dave

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
It always great to have options.
However there is a down side to this mount in my case.

I don't want to loose the AC vent as it was over 100 degrees this week.
Also the steering wheel blocks the view of the gauge.

It does look nice so I hope it works for others.

Dave
Agreed...

It's is a novel and clean way to add one additional gauge...However, we had temps here this past week in the "one-teens" and I really wouldn't want to give up the full function of that additional AC vent...Also I already use my AP with a pillar mount to view 6 gauge functions at once....

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
He did mention the vent is not fully blocked, albeit you loose control of direction you want the air.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
He did mention the vent is not fully blocked, albeit you loose control of direction you want the air.
yeah I read that too....But you still loose what appears to be ~90% of the vents airflow...

It is a nice option for those who folks that really don't use or need that AC vent that often in the upper northern climates....

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I resemble that remark. Lol but personally, for now, i think the access port has everything i need.

Electricity: Tap an accessory fuse in the fuse box.

Vacuum/Boost: You have the Boomba symposer delete, silly.

Mine arrived today (got it from a distributor we have an account with). Did a mechanical Stack boost gauge.

I was wondering if anybody had a writeup on where to get the power and signal wires or vacuum line through the firewall. Like the idea alot and I've been thinking about trying this.

zanethan

I was wondering if anybody had a writeup on where to get the power and signal wires or vacuum line through the firewall. Like the idea alot and I've been thinking about trying this.
The easiest places to go through the firewall are either a) through the side via the grommet located roughly where the door mirror is when opened. Or b) delete the sound symposer and go though that way.

Allegedly, there is a way to go through the fire wall with all the other wires but that looked to cramped for me to even attempt it.

The easiest places to go through the firewall are either a) through the side via the grommet located roughly where the door mirror is when opened. Or b) delete the sound symposer and go though that way.

Allegedly, there is a way to go through the fire wall with all the other wires but that looked to cramped for me to even attempt it.
Ok, I may attempt to drill a hole next to the sound symposer. At least I think I can find that from some documents. Not a HUGE fan of going through the fender/side, but if that's what it takes I can do that.

Ford Community Posts