Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PERON P3xx Twin-Scroll Turbo Thread

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member

Updated 7/20/2016

PERON P3xx Twin Scroll Dyno Results:

https://www.facebook.com/PERONtuned/photos/pcb.513844885476537/513840138810345/?type=3&theater

Peron x37 boost profile.jpg

We finally completed the production tune on Ian's car built by CLP Automotive. 331hp / 324.40 ftlb @ the wheels.

- PERON P3XX Twin Scroll Turbo Kit (BorgWarner Performance Aftermarket EFR6258)
- Turbosmart B1 frame EFR Actuator
- PERON P3XX V2 Intercooler
- PERON Flash Ford STG4 Map
- AEM Meth Kit
- Shell V-Power 98RON pump fuel
- Stock transmission and clutch
- Stock fuel system

Maximum torque is produced at 4000rpm, we had it at 3700rpm but the larger volume intercooler added a few 100 rpms to peak torque - but was required to keep charge temps at only a few degrees above ambient even on 5th gear runs. We have some 340whp pulls which will go onto our blog posts, but this is our boost group 2 settings peaking at 26psi and holding 24psi. It's super smooth and feels very strong at this level of boost. We will now continue to test on the EFR6758 and 7163 twin scroll options to allow even more power and limit the lag associated with these power levels.

Dyno Results Summary ...

>250whp (>4100rpm) / >300whp (>5200rpm) / 331whp @ 6550rpm

>250tq (3500~6900rpm) / >300tq (3900~5500rpm) / 324tq @ 4240rpm

Peak Boost (26psi) / 24psi @ ~7200rpm

https://www.facebook.com/perontuned/photos/pcb.400247606836266/400246066836420/?type=1&theater

"Our all new robotic welded Fiesta ST Twin-Scroll Borg-Warner EFR turbo manifold featuring a fully billet SS merge collector. Want a big turbo with fast spool? This is your solution."

Peron twin Scroll Man 3.jpg

Peron Twin Scroll Man 1.jpg

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #9
I'm glad to see that a twin scroll turbo / manifold kit has finally been developed the FiST which should produce significantly quicker spool rates than the current BT setups I've seen so far...

Hopefully well see some actual results of these setups soon....Wonder if [MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION] currently has one in development ?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
It would be really awesome if it came in Evo turbine flange, lol. 375whp twin scroll turbos are all over the place for less than $400....

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Not that impressed with the EFR so moving on to a GTX2860R(Russ wanted me to go to the GT25 series which I probably should do for my particular "needs" but I just want to be able to add a bit more power if ever "needed") The manifold and twin scroll will sure help with the spooling but not other issues.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #12
It would be really awesome if it came in Evo turbine flange, lol. 375whp twin scroll turbos are all over the place for less than $400....
That does sound awesome! Like to see what a twin scroll would produce on our FiST ...

Not that impressed with the EFR so moving on to a GTX2860R....The manifold and twin scroll will sure help with the spooling but not other issues.
What happened? I recall you had such high hopes for the EFR kit...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...making-an-EFR-kit-to-offer-anybody-interested

Can you briefly summarize what were the issues you or Russ had with your EFR single setup?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
In a word the EFR makes a rather Unique Noise at higher boost levels. At least that was my findings

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I was a bit more laggy than expected but I could live with it and in ways like the dual nature of the car but higher boost noises really bothered me as I want my cars to be subtle and not gather to much attention from loud intake, exhaust, prefer recirc the BOV and WG, so spending the time and funds to make it what I want.

The car hauls arse no doubt and for a road race track I would not want more than it has when I was at sea level, well maybe on a special occasion to overtake a car or two on a long straight:)

I will have an EFR6258 with Turbosmart WG and Recirc upgrades and possibly the DP for sale soon.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #15
I'm very eager to see what a twin scroll turbo setup will produce when coupled to a relatively small displacement engine such as ours....Not really pleased nor impressed with what I've seen so far with any of the current BT kit options available...Personally for me I'm looking for a much broader / well behaved performance as opposed to just producing a big whp number....

Interesting to note that the new Focus RS uses a new low-inertia twin-scroll turbocharger to achieve a much broader ranging powerband...

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Velsitor thing came with a twin-scroll K03 that is a good bit bigger than our turbine, about the same on the compressor. We got shafted, lol

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I'm very eager to see what a twin scroll turbo setup will produce when coupled to a relatively small displacement engine such as ours....Not really pleased nor impressed with what I've seen so far with any of the current BT kit options available...Personally for me I'm looking for a much broader / well behaved performance as opposed to just producing a big whp number....

Interesting to note that the new Focus RS uses a new low-inertia twin-scroll turbocharger to achieve a much broader ranging powerband...
Same here.. Can't wait to see what maperformance has in store

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #18
Same here.. Can't wait to see what maperformance has in store
MAP did mention sometime this fall they'll be releasing turbo kits with cast manifolds with the goal of improving BT spool-up response...But not sure if a twin scroll option is currently being considered by them?

JasonHaven

Peron has some new posts up about Fiesta turbos, but they call it "hybrid" and I'm too dumb to know if they mean twin scroll, or if they are referring to something else (hybrid turbo means electronic boost, to me, but again, I'm ignorant).