Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe's Blue by You Build

I just like how the Fist sits and looks with 17's so I guess I'll try and see whats available for us at a decent price but still being able to save weight from stock.

So many wheel options I'm looking at. Driving me nuts. I really want the go-cart look as well,anyone think spacers in the back is a bad idea/stupid? I like the back sticking out a tiny little bit farther than the front(I know pointless)I just love that look,and a somewhat meaty tire like rods got right now. Or a dish setup with deeper dish in the back wheels I might go. Anyone got any recommendations?

-ry

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #86
Update 4/30/14 Transmission back in car will add fluids and install LEVELS FMIC and hope to test drive it Next Month .. lol as its the end of April that will be tomorrow... ;)

Install of tranny was very easy and did it myself with the car on jackstands would have went faster with a extra set of eyes and helping hands but it wasn't too awful just take your time and line it up and it just about falls on the engine .. with no pilot bearing to worry about you only have to mess the clutch disk and trans input shaft and viola its on .. On tip would be to mark where the bolts come out as you take them off as there are a few different lengths and they need to go in certain spots .. no biggy just a helpful tip.. I marked some but not all there is a lower one that holds the charge pipethat had my scratching my head for a few minutes ... ;)

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #87
Added A pic of the car Dropped to first posts

Very nice! We've only had our FiST for about 400 miles and the wife already ordered 205/50-16 Z2s and Sparco 16x7 et42mm wheels for it. About 3% larger diameter than stock, and only 1-2lb heavier than your setup. Can't wait to try it out! Would have gone 15x8, but isn't allowed for our autocross class. Loving your car!

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #94
Very nice! We've only had our FiST for about 400 miles and the wife already ordered 205/50-16 Z2s and Sparco 16x7 et42mm wheels for it. About 3% larger diameter than stock, and only 1-2lb heavier than your setup. Can't wait to try it out! Would have gone 15x8, but isn't allowed for our autocross class. Loving your car!
Thanks and Yes the places I run only dock you points for the mods you do and after so many points you bump up from stock to prep to mod then race where i would get some really sticky tires at that point. All in fun Glad your Wife is enjoying the car too that helps alot...

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #95
Oh If I didn't postthis here I will now if it is a repeat sorry :)
Added a bit of bling inside the car thans to No-Pistons Great job wish I could measure and drill correctly though ... Red ST is race tape laid down on the backing plate I used to brace up the center as there was a dip in my carpet there and I did not want to kink my dead pedal.. that also let me get the holes drilled crooked...

Attachments

Roy Orbison...Linda Ronstadt.....on a blue bayou....millennials will never understand...back to hard data..Rod...did you have to adjust the steering geometry due to lowering the car?

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #97
I am running the BC coilovers at max neg camber just for fun to keep it set up for AutoX events and not a need just lazy. Had it set to stockish settings with no ill effects .

I am running the BC coilovers at max neg camber just for fun to keep it set up for AutoX events and not a need just lazy. Had it set to stockish settings with no ill effects .
You are a maniac breaking all the rules...I am questioning your sanity and whether you are allowed to be a moderator on this site...you're out of control...I will be looking into this matter....nice drop btw

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #99
Thanks ;) tell the boss I need time off as punishment ...

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Rod lives by his own rules lol.