Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe's Blue by You Build

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Good idea on the splitter as at speed and not that well connected it could be a safety issue, cool to have some rods on Rod's car as well:)

I just bought an aluminum rod to thread the ends and go from the DHM crash bar down to one or two points in the middle of the splitter, problem is getting it where it needs to go with all the parts in the way, take them off not sure where it needs to go.......

-----------

How is the new LSD working out, help on torque steer?

I believe you did the new engine and trans mounts, if so how is that going, I am very please with my DIY setup and so far barely any torque steer but do not have the higher RPM donkey kick the EFR had which could be part of the cure.

And the I brace is in took al of about 15 once the car was safely on jack stands. pleanty of room after the install too :)
Is there really any noticeable difference with this brace installed? From any engineering standpoint the torsional stress on a single square tube with the long "I" style moment arms acting on it don't look to sufficient to handle any additional stress over the stock crossbrace. Almost all other center braces are an "X" style or boxed center between two bars which makes sense for torsional rigidity.

Nothing against TBperformance as I have their 2 point front brace and rear beam brace and they work awesome! My only concern with them so far is how long they'll last given their condition after a single New England winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #565
Is there really any noticeable difference with this brace installed? From any engineering standpoint the torsional stress on a single square tube with the long "I" style moment arms acting on it don't look to sufficient to handle any additional stress over the stock crossbrace. Almost all other center braces are an "X" style or boxed center between two bars which makes sense for torsional rigidity.

Nothing against TBperformance as I have their 2 point front brace and rear beam brace and they work awesome! My only concern with them so far is how long they'll last given their condition after a single New England winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I notice this fit the car well and cleared the exhaust after my factory one went missing . The paint coating should be pleanty for the harsh Wisconsin winters and their love of road salt and the new liquid salt that sticks to everything. (better than in the ditch i guess) It is not night and day diff like a set of 11 lbs wheels from Team Dynamics but every little bit helps, As for long term only time will tell but the connections looked and felt stout. But I am no metalurgist (sp)

meFiSTo

Splitter Support from Amazon and Fully Torqued Racing.

Added a bit of functional/vanity to the front of the car making sure the splitter it solid on the car and I like the racecar wannbe look LOL

View attachment 10137
That's why i went with the mountune lip. I think these things do actually catch a little air and provide slight downforce. The mountune lip comes with a center attachment rod as part of the package. Overall, the attachment seems pretty stout.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #567
That's why i went with the mountune lip. I think these things do actually catch a little air and provide slight downforce. The mountune lip comes with a center attachment rod as part of the package. Overall, the attachment seems pretty stout.
Cool

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #568
Car is going back to stock as I am moving on to a AWD non Ford platform aka (German).. Shocks and other parts are gone already and I really do Not like the stock ride as it is too bouncey for my taste. Thanks for all the support ;)

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #570
Car parted Out and all parts are shipped ThankYou ALL for the fun and support
2017 Audi TTS is on Order with a December 2016 Delivery..
Thanks Again Fiesta ST Peeps

Update the Dealer had a pre approved spot open at the Factory and My car will take that spot so it will be here in NOV. Whoohoo...

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #571
One Last FiST pic and we bid a fond farewell to the Little Fiesta that could. A fun car but life moves on and the Audi came in a month early so it was time since the dealer honored the Audi of America Club deal of 6% off if you are a club member in good standing for 6 month or more. Not a bad deal for a order out car.. So far the Tech in this car is amazing and I think it ride a smidge better than the Golf R that it shares a garage with. Time will tell but the Fit and finish down to the sounds it makes when you close a door or turn a knob is just as nice and the feel of the leather and soft bits on the seats and dash. Voice texting is a hoot as it spell changes just as much as my fingers do on the phone LOL
Be Good all you FiST'ers and stay safe.. Thanks for a fun and fast ride ..

Attachments

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
One Last FiST pic and we bid a fond farewell to the Little Fiesta that could. A fun car but life moves on and the Audi came in a month early so it was time since the dealer honored the Audi of America Club deal of 6% off if you are a club member in good standing for 6 month or more. Not a bad deal for a order out car.. So far the Tech in this car is amazing and I think it ride a smidge better than the Golf R that it shares a garage with. Time will tell but the Fit and finish down to the sounds it makes when you close a door or turn a knob is just as nice and the feel of the leather and soft bits on the seats and dash. Voice texting is a hoot as it spell changes just as much as my fingers do on the phone LOL
Be Good all you FiST'ers and stay safe.. Thanks for a fun and fast ride ..
Your my boy blue! Lol. Take it easy man, enjoy the audi

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats Rod. Does the 2017 have the digital cockpit?

The TT has come a long way since its first year. Love that new inline five. Certainly an upgrade from the FiST

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #579
The TT has come a long way since its first year. Love that new inline five. Certainly an upgrade from the FiST

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Thanks
I heard the 5cyl TTRS will be here next July my TTS is only a 4cyl with a weee 292 hp Quattro, not the 400 hp Quattro in the TTRS and Audi RS3 fun fun fun

Looks like everyone is moving on from the FiST that I talk to on a regular basis. My coworker (and one of 3 people in town with a FiST) sold his last month. I will probably be trading up to a Focus RS in the next year or two.