Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best wax to last the winter?

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Couldn't find nxt nano wax at Walmart so I bought an eagle one wax spray along with 3 sets of micro fiber towels and rain x window cleaner . She's all clean . The sparco are very easy to clean. Drove 2 miles home and has some brake dust on it alread f my life lol.
Keep wiping the brake dust off with the Rain-X glass cleaner. It will take about 10-12 times before it works optimally.

There used to be a product made by the Wax Shop called "Slick Stuff" that was anti static and almost nothing would stick to the paint. It worked even better than the Rain-X but all their products were super expensive and eventually they went out of business. Wish I had bought like 20 bottles of that stuff when it was still available. [?|]

EDIT: Oh it appears that the Wax Depot has a replacement product: http://www.waxdepot.com/mm5/merchan...re_Code=WD&Product_Code=WS32&Category_Code=BA

FistSt215

Keep wiping the brake dust off with the Rain-X glass cleaner. It will take about 10-12 times before it works optimally.

There used to be a product made by the Wax Shop called "Slick Stuff" that was anti static and almost nothing would stick to the paint. It worked even better than the Rain-X but all their products were super expensive and eventually they went out of business. Wish I had bought like 20 bottles of that stuff when it was still available. [?|]

EDIT: Oh it appears that the Wax Depot has a replacement product: http://www.waxdepot.com/mm5/merchan...re_Code=WD&Product_Code=WS32&Category_Code=BA
The eagle 1 work well with the rain x . It turn out great ! I'm gonna spray more rain x tomorrow . I try to wipe down the brake caliper as much as I can.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
The eagle 1 work well with the rain x . It turn out great ! I'm gonna spray more rain x tomorrow . I try to wipe down the brake caliper as much as I can.
Nice. Also if you have regular Rain-X laying around you can treat the wheels with that and it speeds up the process. Just when you buff the Rain-X off, follow up immediately with a wipe down using the Rain-X glass cleaner. I even use the Rain-X glass cleaner as a detail spray for the rest of the paint and glass. lol.

FistSt215

Nice. Also if you have regular Rain-X laying around you can treat the wheels with that and it speeds up the process. Just when you buff the Rain-X off, follow up immediately with a wipe down using the Rain-X glass cleaner. I even use the Rain-X glass cleaner as a detail spray for the rest of the paint and glass. lol.
Never knew that had regular rain x . Gonna have to look for it next time I'm out .

I've had the best luck using NXT nano wax, followed up with several coats of Rain-X glass cleaner. Yes you read that right. The Rain-X glass cleaner makes for the best "detailer" spray available in my humble opinion. Just be sure to apply it with a micro-fiber towel and then wipe off with a clean micro-fiber towel. Be sure to do it in the shade when the paint is cool to avoid haze and streaking (which is easily removed by wiping a clean micro-fiber towel over the affected areas to remove haze). This works especially well on wheels (keeping brake dust to a minimum and aids in cleaning them next time you wash).
Thanks for the tip.
I use Rain-X for my glass, but would not have thought about the paint or wheels. Will be giving it a try.

I just got my Molten Orange FiST and unfortunately I don't have the money for two vehicles, so it will be driven in the central NY winters. What would you guy's recommend as the best lasting and best finish wax? I don't care how hard I have to work to use it.
Just getting back to the original question - and I know it's summer here in the S. Hemisphere - but I have been using Meguires NXT Tech Wax 2 and then Meguires Ultimate Quik Detailer after washes. The detailer uses polymers and if you can leave the car garaged for 12 hours after application it gives an awesomely tough finish. Do they use salt on the roads when it snows in NYC? They certainly did in the UK and it was the death of many a cars bodywork. Another reason to be happy for living in a snow free place. Though Christmas in summer takes a little bit of getting used to [drinking]

OP
P
Thread Starter #27
Just getting back to the original question - and I know it's summer here in the S. Hemisphere - but I have been using Meguires NXT Tech Wax 2 and then Meguires Ultimate Quik Detailer after washes. The detailer uses polymers and if you can leave the car garaged for 12 hours after application it gives an awesomely tough finish. Do they use salt on the roads when it snows in NYC? They certainly did in the UK and it was the death of many a cars bodywork. Another reason to be happy for living in a snow free place. Though Christmas in summer takes a little bit of getting used to [drinking]

I'm not in NYC, I'm in the state of NY. Yes they use a lot of salt here. I want this car to last but I can't afford a winter rat!