Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FSWERKS short shift vs. Boomba short shift

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I currently have the Boomba (20% reduced) short shift kit and I was wondering if anybody on here has the FSWERKS short shift kit, that's 25%?

I know 5% isn't a lot but I was seeing if anybody went from the Boomba one to the FSWERKS one and if it was a noticeable change or not.

I was also looking into the Mountune one (30%) but I can't bring myself to spend ~$150 on a short shift kit.

As always, any feedback would be appreciated!!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
One thing I will say is reading many post and there are some people experiencing (maybe only once) that the Boomba causes the linkage to disconnect under a hard shift. This could be explained because the linkage angle gets changed at the stick. I suggest your search on the topic to read up on it.

Personally I lean to the Mountune/FSwerks style because of that.

The linkage adapter or the shifter kit? The adapters are all pretty similar with the boomba piece being the easiest to install.

The boomba shifter kit is where the have been a few users reporting problems. I think the worst was with an rhd fiesta.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I'm sorry, the adapters not the kit. Just the one that goes in via the hood. Not the one you have to take the center console out to change.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
One thing I will say is reading many post and there are some people experiencing (maybe only once) that the Boomba causes the linkage to disconnect under a hard shift. This could be explained because the linkage angle gets changed at the stick. I suggest your search on the topic to read up on it.

Personally I lean to the Mountune/FSwerks style because of that.
The one under the hood cause problems or the center console kit?

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Center console one is the one causing acute angles on the shifter links.
Okay, cool. I'm talking about just the adapters. Really don't feel like ripping my center console out but I don't know if the 5% shift change is worth, so spend the extra cash and get the Mountune one and get 10% shift change. I was hoping there was somebody on here with experience with both or either, for that matter.

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
The one under the hood cause problems or the center console kit?
There have been no reported issues of linkage coming un-done of people using our short shift plate which mounts under the hood. The only isolated issue we've had was a couple of RHD FiSTs but that was with the actual short shift lever that goes in the car.

Our under the hood adapter is rock solid and ready to go! Easy to install and a very noticeable improvement.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
I guess nobody read my OP thoroughly. I already have the Boomba one. Haha.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
We saw :)

Is it worth it for the extra 5%? That's totally up to you and how you feel about your money lol.
Absolutely nothing against your item, love it and everything else I have of yours. Just looking at whatever everybody else is running and seeing if they noticed a difference or not.

Thanks for the replies though!

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Absolutely nothing against your item, love it and everything else I have of yours. Just looking at whatever everybody else is running and seeing if they noticed a difference or not.

Thanks for the replies though!
No problem! If you have any questions, let us know!

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I currently have the Boomba (20% reduced) short shift kit and I was wondering if anybody on here has the FSWERKS short shift kit, that's 25%?

I know 5% isn't a lot but I was seeing if anybody went from the Boomba one to the FSWERKS one and if it was a noticeable change or not.

I was also looking into the Mountune one (30%) but I can't bring myself to spend ~$150 on a short shift kit.

As always, any feedback would be appreciated!!
Oh yeah. I waited and waited and waited.... and finally FSWERKs released their short shift kit and I pounced like a wildcat after a fly. I shied away from the Mountune one, probably because it was waaaay over priced and some people had some issues with early run kits. The FSWERKs short shift kit is amazing and took me literally 10 minutes to install (I have their intake and there is plenty of room by just removing the filter). The 25% reduction in shift "throw" is perfect.. really tightened things up.. crisper shifting, snickity, snick. The FiST should have come from the factory like this! [wrenchin]

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Oh yeah. I waited and waited and waited.... and finally FSWERKs released their short shift kit and I pounced like a wildcat after a fly. I shied away from the Mountune one, probably because it was waaaay over priced and some people had some issues with early run kits. The FSWERKs short shift kit is amazing and took me literally 10 minutes to install (I have their intake and there is plenty of room by just removing the filter). The 25% reduction in shift "throw" is perfect.. really tightened things up.. crisper shifting, snickity, snick. The FiST should have come from the factory like this! [wrenchin]
I bet but I want to know it's worth selling my boomba one for 5% more with the FSwerks one. Decisions, decisions.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I bet but I want to know it's worth selling my boomba one for 5% more with the FSwerks one. Decisions, decisions.
That I can't really comment on. 25% seems to be perfection. Other than the Cobb AP V3, this *is* the second best overall (individual) modification I have done. 20% is probably just fine to be perfectly honest. I'm sure the Boomba short-shift is a quality piece. With that said, *I* wouldn't trade the FSWERKs for anything else. [driving]

Attachments

Young L

I havent had any issues with the boomba kit. I did the trans adapter first and couldnt believe the difference it made, couple weeks went by and got around to installing the shifter kit and it made it even better.

I havent had any issues with the boomba kit. I did the trans adapter first and couldnt believe the difference it made, couple weeks went by and got around to installing the shifter kit and it made it even better.
Agreed the shifter kit gives it a nice bolt action rifle feel