Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tuxedo Black with molten orange recaros or Oxford White with smoke recaros

hey everyone, new to the forum and working a deal with a dealer up in toronto canada....

looking at two fully optioned.... painted wheels, moonroof, nav either tuxedo black with molten orange recaros or oxford white smoke recaros.... don't know which to choose...

this will be our second ford this year [biggrin] picked up a tuxedo black cmax energi earlier in the year but now looking for a fun to drive car to add to the collection... for the summer [biggrin] already got an 86 AMC CJ-7 for the off road fun and an FJ Cruiser for year round drives and to haul 3 kids on longer travels [scratch]...

one thing though all my cars are more or less black so far should I buck the trend and go with the White Oxford? Although I like the Tuxedo Black with the Molten Orange Recaros... either car will get the 15% tint treatment right away [shameful]

open to opinions.................

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Thanks BoostBumps........ any color recommendations? besides RaceRed (which would have been my choice if available) gotta deal with whats available now [burnout] otherwise would have to order a 2016 - not to keen on the colors available.... that or blow more hard earned cash on my RC car hobby..... thought its time to get back in to tuning real cars [chair]

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thanks BoostBumps........ any color recommendations? besides RaceRed (which would have been my choice if available) gotta deal with whats available now [burnout] otherwise would have to order a 2016 - not to keen on the colors available....
Honestly its difficult for me to recommend a color choice since its very subjective and personally I'm not a fan of either black or white paint...I think the colors look great but my past experience having both white and black vehicles were that both colors were difficult to keep clean looking for various reasons...My personal fave is actually the new Metallic color with MO recaro's....

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
Honestly its difficult for me to recommend a color choice since its very subjective and personally I'm not a fan of either black or white paint...I think the colors look great but my past experience having both white and black vehicles were that both colors were difficult to keep clean looking for various reasons...My personal fave is actually the new Metallic color with MO recaro's....
Thanks no worries I agree both would be hard to keep if there were more colours available to choose from it would have been easier...

I've always been a fan of stand-out colors, I vote Tuxedo with MO Recaros - you don't see many with that color combo.

Either way, you're getting a FiST - enjoy!

OP
M
Thread Starter #10
Thanks for the recommendations....

I got a change to test drive both had on 15km on it and I put another 15 or so on each...

White oxford had;
-clunky shifter engaging first gear would need to engage 2nd first then back to 1st (at a stop light) - felt notchy
-Turning hard left or right and the steering rack would clunk
-steering wheel also had a slight vibration between 60-80km
-after 10 mins of driving engine idle rpm still around 1500rpm???

Tux Black
-after 10 mins of driving engine idle rpm still around 1500rpm as well??? thought it would have dropped to around 800rpm
-manual gearbox was buttery smooth
-slight vibration on steering wheel between 60-80km not as bad as the oxford white

Sales manager explained that he would have the mechanic check both and ?pdi the cars as they both just got delivered. I explained that I want to test both again once they thoroughly go over the cars... although I don't think much is really done with them mechanically during a pdi....

The only place where they seem stumped is the high idle @ 1500rpm after 10 mins of driving and engine is at operating temps.... al they said was hmmm. could be pdi?????

well needless to say will try em out again one they have been looked over thoughts on any of these problems especially this idle rev? and possibly the steering clunk on the oxford white?

looks like the Tux Black has less potential issues [dunno]

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
The car does tend to rev hang a bit. I assume you did wait twenty odd seconds before saying it is not slowing down. As for the white one they should check the steering rack bolts one member found his was lose. As for the steering vibration could be the wheels, if the car sat on the lot long they could develop flat spots.

Good luck.

OP
M
Thread Starter #12
Yup just read up on DLJ1 loose rack thread.

As for the idle for both after the test drive we were in the lot car still on on no other accessories like the a/c running and blip the throttle a little up to 3k rpm and then back to idle and it stayed at the 1500 and never dropped below.

What is the normal idle on these I was thinking 750-850 would be normal

They keep saying pdi will address it... blah blah blah and both cars were also taken off transport mode which they were both in when I was going to take the initial drive i let them know so don't think that would be the issue?!?!?!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
What is the normal idle on these I was thinking 750-850 would be normal
The FiST's Idle target @ warmup should be holding close to 750rpm...And added load (i.e. with A/C running ) will raise idle setpoint slightly higher...

"This is the primary idle target once all warmup conditions have been exceeded and the clutch is out."

Idle setup.jpg