Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Voting: August Fiesta of the Month Contest

Voting: August Fiesta of the Month Contest

• Sondi

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Charest2394

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Perfblue15

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • kymerah

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • pelotonracer2

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Young L

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • dmondi12

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Izzy

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • placemarty

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
the people have spoken this was a really close race. To a point......

Congrats though your ride is clean I really like your wheels.

Do you really think that if there was any vote rigging that it would be advantageous to make it so egregiously obvious? Let voters pick the car they like. Wouldn't it be crazy if people did that? Oh wait, no, there must be something insidious afoot.

Give me a break.

the people have spoken this was a really close race. To a point......

Congrats though your ride is clean I really like your wheels.
Thanks [MENTION=2054]Perfblue15[/MENTION] your car is amazing! I love your exhaust and if I had to do mine again I would ask for that setup!

I always hate competitions within a community as it draws so much negative attention on something that should be celebrated. Every month there has been stellar submissions and each month the bar is set higher and higher. When we all first joined it could have been just a stock car with painted wheels that wins to now, you almost need a page of mods to be considered haha. As we all can relate to I am my own worst enemy, never did I imagine that my car would garner the attention that it has received. From mustang owners to everyone who thinks its a focus st or to everyone asking me about the wheels / setup. At the end of the day I have built a car that I enjoy and its nice to be recognized for that, win or lose I am still happy to be a member of this community and try to stay as positive about all owners as I feel we are all a family out representing the same thing.

Lastly to squash the vote thing, I hate having more than one of anything unless its cars! Its hard to remember one password let alone 10. With my job being a restaurant area coach I have to manage 11 stores and their managers and employees so I like simplicity outside of work. It allows me to relax, and enjoy life for what it is other than the demand of my managers and the daily grind of 50+ hour work weeks haha.

All and all everyone keep up the great work and I look forward to supporting the next month contestants as well as this forum moving forward!

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #28
Hey everyone,

We did a quick review of the voting this month and there were a few concerns with the results in comparison with the IP address data. While it's not uncommon for voters to encourage family and friends to come on board and vote for them, we strongly discourage over-eager friends from creating multiple spam accounts to vote for members. Sometimes this can happen even without the knowledge of the participants involved.

In order to keep things fair, we'll be updating the poll to only reflect single IP address votes for this month. This means if we see multiple IP addresses voting for the same person, we'll count that as 1 vote.

We would also like to take this opportunity thank all of our members for their continued support and helping to make our FOTM contest such a big hit. As such we make it a very BIG EFFORT to ensure that the contest is conducted fairly.

Once the voting ends tomorrow, we'll pull the results and update the tally accordingly. We hope the final results will ensure everyone that this contest is conducted fairly.

If anyone has any issues or questions please private message me.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Hey everyone,

We did a quick review of the voting this month and there were a few concerns with the results in comparison with the IP address data. While it's not uncommon for voters to encourage family and friends to come on board and vote for them, we strongly discourage over-eager friends from creating multiple spam accounts to vote for members. Sometimes this can happen even without the knowledge of the participants involved.

In order to keep things fair, we'll be updating the poll to only reflect single IP address votes for this month. This means if we see multiple IP addresses voting for the same person, we'll count that as 1 vote.

We would also like to take this opportunity thank all of our members for their continued support and helping to make our FOTM contest such a big hit. As such we make it a very BIG EFFORT to ensure that the contest is conducted fairly.

Once the voting ends tomorrow, we'll pull the results and update the tally accordingly. We hope the final results will ensure everyone that this contest is conducted fairly.

Oh wow...

either way I really do enjoy the friendly competition of this contest, i have done a bunch of new mods to be revealed for next month's contest.

Hey everyone,

Thank you very much [MENTION=2]MKVIIST[/MENTION]

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Reminder to vote! This poll will close tomorrow (08-31-2015) @ approx. 11:00 AM

And it still looks like a good race to the finish! :)

I wonder if you should make a post count minimum for your vote to count. If that was possible?
I second this. This is the only forum that I've been apart of that allows new members with very few post weigh in on polls and start new threads.

I think the low barriers to entry is an intentional thing, since they want to encourage new members to post and create threads to continue to drive site traffic.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #35
Ok everyone the votes have been re-tallied. Congratulations to kymerah

Ok everyone the votes have been re-tallied. Congratulations to kymerah
Thank you again for taking the time out to check the votes [MENTION=2]MKVIIST[/MENTION]

I think correcting the totals shows that there must have been some over zealous employees trying to pad the stats in my favor. Like I assured you I never asked for them to do so, in fact I wish I could see who they were so I can yell at them that they almost cost me the competition rather than help. Plus the stress of it all haha.

To this months competitors, especially [MENTION=2054]Perfblue15[/MENTION] this was a very very close race and want to thank you personally for raising the bar and pushing past all the attention!

Will there be any plans to add a penalty/disqualification for vote spamming? Or will it remain as "strongly discouraged"?

MOFiST

I don't have a dog in the fight but I can tell you with the VPN service i use I could make more than 10 accounts right now. I'd have 10 different ip addresses and i wouldn't have moved from my chair. Let's not pretend it's not easy. I don't see how you can stop this unless you implement a post count minimum.

I don't have a dog in the fight but I can tell you with the VPN service i use I could make more than 10 accounts right now. I'd have 10 different ip addresses and i wouldn't have moved from my chair. Let's not pretend it's not easy. I don't see how you can stop this unless you implement a post count minimum.
[like] what he said.