Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Want to Join the cp-e team?

Duff

2015 Tux Black, just picked her up a couple months ago. As far as mods I don't have much, I do have a pretty good list of mods I would like to put on the car. I attend my local cars and coffee every first Saturday of the month, and a local meet every Saturday night that brings in a fairly large crowd. Haven't done any Auto-x yet, but I would love to there is a track 15 minutes down the road from me; I will be going sometime in the future.
My current mods are Sparco Pro Corsa wheels-powder coated red, Eibach lowering springs, black and red overlays (if you count that as a mod) Pedal Spacer, dead pedal, Cobb shift knob, and I have a set of Rally Armor mudflaps on the way.
Future mod plans in no particular order include: Rear motor mount, new intake system, downpipe, exhaust, FMIC, Accessport, oil catch can, transmission adapter and or short shifter kit, might be forgetting something but off the top of my head those are my plans.

Here's a few pictures a friend of mine took, he has a bunch more that he will be sending me soon and we're going to go shooting again once my mudflaps are on.

Mainly budget. I love supporting local businesses as you guys are only a hour or so away from me. but overall I bought a lot of used as the stuff got listed right when I was looking to buy new. If I can save x dollars here than it translates into more money for track time or different mods. I mean I took my old e36 M with just a few grand of work against some serious machines over the years in time attack and beat them. It was also how I was able to run like 15 events a year back than. Now time is limited, but staying on budget is more important for me now than even back then. I know you guys put some serious time and engineering into your products, lots of us out there run FiSTs for a reason mainly 'budget". Cheap Speed and enjoyment. If I could afford I would have a E90 M3 with a DTC or a C6 Z06, but its too costly to own, mod, track, daily drive on my budget. That few hundred difference sometimes on parts is that true deciding factor even though your quality maybe better.

JasonHaven

For all those who have posted so far. What are the main reasonings you decided not to buy our products?
I haven't posted, and I don't have the exposure to be applicable for this, but for me it's waiting for budget to come in line. I have an interest in supporting a local mod shop though, so I plan to do some stuff sometime in the future, it's just not right yet :)

[MENTION=2905]www.cp-e.com[/MENTION]

Looking at your intake I was thinking you could remove the clear lid, put a rubber/foam surround to seal it against the hood and put a small NACA duct above it for ram air. Any thoughts?

dyn085

2000 Post Club

Looking at your intake I was thinking you could remove the clear lid, put a rubber/foam surround to seal it against the hood and put a small NACA duct above it for ram air. Any thoughts?
Aside from rain coming in directly above the filter, I don't know why anyone would consider doing this. There's no way the car will be going fast enough to actually ram enough air into the vacuum being created by the turbo. It would be the equivalent of trying to fill a toilet that's being flushed by peeing into it.

LT Berzerker

Maybe just to mimic what the 2j racing cowl intake does, cool ambient air form outside the engine bay... Only thing I can think of

Aside from rain coming in directly above the filter, I don't know why anyone would consider doing this. There's no way the car will be going fast enough to actually ram enough air into the vacuum being created by the turbo. It would be the equivalent of trying to fill a toilet that's being flushed by peeing into it.
You would extend the NACA duct to backside of filter to induce swirl... given function over aesthetics forcing air down the long tube keeping positively filled reduces load off of compressor wheel allowing faster spool. Using your toilet analogy it's like flushing a toilet followed by a plunger...

dyn085

2000 Post Club
It's slightly better than nothing, but that tiny amount of air is barely going to have an effect. There's a reason that they're used for cooling as opposed to actual intakes. If this was a normally-aspirated engine then maybe, but definitely not on a turbocharged application.

Sign me up!

Mod list:
Boomba trans adapter and trans bracket bushings
Green filter
Cobb ap w/ Mountune map, rmm and shift knob
"No pistons" dead pedal, pedal spacer and battery tie down
Dhm sound symposer delete
Mishimotos oil catch can
Rallyarmor mudflaps
Perrin shorty antenna
Soon to be installed: Piercemotorsports street package
I try to attend meets whenever my busy work schedule allows me. Plan to auto x in the near future. I would be honored to rep your guys product. Keep up the good work!

OP
W
Thread Starter #53

We love customer input!
Our intake has a snorkel out of the bottom of the box to suck in colder air from below. The extra ducting would provide very minimal gains and also add to the complication of install as well as pricing.

Let's give this a try...

My FiST is not the most visible (there's also black strips that are barely visible), but I've started doing autoX at the SCCA Houston Solos and plan to go on many more if I can get a set of dedicated wheels soon and better looking numbers. Driver is currently the limiting factor though [sad].

I have a pretty stock platform, so adding CP-E goodies wouldn't be a big issue. Don't mind documenting installs/experiences either (yay engineering...).

Current mods are as follows:
  • Cobb RMM
  • Mishimoto OCC
  • Mishimoto Penguin Plush

Take my stock Fiesta and turn it into a cp-e Beasta!!! Close to Maryland and right down the street from some of the biggest car shows on the east coast (Carlisle!!!). Would be nice to have some cp-e bling to show off at next year's Ford Nationals [readthis].... Also ready to do some track days in something with four wheels [driving].

image.jpg Side 2.JPG Left Rear.JPG

I attend at least 10 cruises during the season and I also attend local events such as cars and coffee open houses drift events dealer car shows and track days. I do state wide road rally's such as the Michigan gumball and motorcity gumball. Next year I will be doing a lot more local and national events including car shows, rally's, and track days. My current sponsors include Deadhook motorsports boomba racing pierce motorsports Ortiz custom pods and design engineering inc./DEI.

Attachments

Greetings from Canada eh!

I love cPE parts and just had the following installed: Intercooler, exhaust and motormount. After only a few km's - glad that I went with cPE. If you are still looking for sponsorship cars / owners, please let me know and we can discuss.

OP
W
Thread Starter #58
I attend at least 10 cruises during the season and I also attend local events such as cars and coffee open houses drift events dealer car shows and track days. I do state wide road rally's such as the Michigan gumball and motorcity gumball. Next year I will be doing a lot more local and national events including car shows, rally's, and track days. My current sponsors include Deadhook motorsports boomba racing pierce motorsports Ortiz custom pods and design engineering inc./DEI.
We'd love to have you on our team, but your current sponsors would be a conflict of interest and you could possibly lose their sponsorship if you signed with us.

OP
W
Thread Starter #59
Greetings from Canada eh!

I love cPE parts and just had the following installed: Intercooler, exhaust and motormount. After only a few km's - glad that I went with cPE. If you are still looking for sponsorship cars / owners, please let me know and we can discuss.
If you're serious please submit what we would like detail in the OP
We are looking for a few good men! Or women.
Is your FiST highly visable? Do you go to a lot of car shows and meets? Participate in sanctioned races (AutoX, Nasa, SCCA etc)
We'd like some FIST to represent cp-e in the community. Post up a few pictures, your mod list and some of the past events you've been to with your FiST. We will PM our choices.