Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM intercooler installed

Well that was fun. The Dead Hook Motorsports intercooler has been sitting in my bedroom for a couple weeks and today I finally had time to install it (getting married soon, house filled with wedding stuff). 83F and sunny so why not. I was home from work at Noon. Finished the install by 5 pm. This thing does take 5 hours as has been reported for first time people not used to taking the bumper off. Why did Ford decide to secure the wheel well liners with no less than 3 different types of bolt heads? Star/Hex drive? WTF that was fun, luckily I had bought a set due to the air filter being secured with them. Then the different sized bolts 7, 8, 10mm Oh fun switching all the time.

With that said, I did enjoy my time working on the car. It is one of those inner peace places I find relaxing, even though I am sweaty, dirty, and have rocks falling on me as I remove liners. The hardest part of the install for me was figuring out where those brackets go and how I use what bolt/space combo where. I did eventually figure it out. But that required even more plastic removal. And then I had a hard time bolting the bracket to the intercooler. Not a lot of room, but I had some short box end wrench (spanner) to get the job done. I would have been done sooner, had my battery powered screw driver with socket attachment not low battery on me.

I have the privilege to have several Shell stations near me that sell 93 premium fuel so I loaded the Cobb Stage 2 93 map. But I didn't drive the car. Wedding stuff demanded I leave once showered. Still haven't gotten to try the car out. I won't bother anyways until I need to go somewhere in a car. I much rather prefer my motorcycle and the joy of riding that in the open air.

I was pretty happy with the power from stock, but I love modding. When I saw the group buy I had to jump on it. The Stage 2 power numbers are worth it. I hope this holds me at bay for a while I've been eyeing that BMW 1000RR with both eyes!

P.S. That green oil catch pan was for the oil change I did at the same time as the intercooler install. Car is 1 year and 1 month old, I rolled over 10,000 miles last week so I needed an oil change anyways, since it was already up in the air.

That looks like a big front clip, congrats on the mod, look forward to hearing the feedback after some road time .

GAbOS

Well that was fun. The Dead Hook Motorsports intercooler has been sitting in my bedroom for a couple weeks and today I finally had time to install it (getting married soon, house filled with wedding stuff). 83F and sunny so why not. I was home from work at Noon. Finished the install by 5 pm. This thing does take 5 hours as has been reported for first time people not used to taking the bumper off. Why did Ford decide to secure the wheel well liners with no less than 3 different types of bolt heads?
My Mitsu was the same way but I had to also take of of 3 good sized chunks of undertray off first along with the bits under the hood.

Great looking install!