Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people would be insterested in a 4x108 to 5x108 redrilled hubs and rotors?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
What these does is allow you to is use 5x108 wheels on the Fiesta ST.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Man I would love some 4x100 hubs and brakes.. But 5x108 is a start :)
Sub'd

I think 5X114 would be the best wheel selection and looks if it's possible. Other than waiting for my FiST to arrive wheel selection is my #1 pet peeve.

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I'm talking to a guy that is making these for the older Focus which also uses the 4x108. Will keep you guys updated when I hear back.

Question: To do this I would have to re-drill my rotors as well. Would re-drilling them have a negative effect overtime, such as becoming prone to cracking?

So I've been poking around other forums and searching the web and it seems that re-drilling rotors doesn't pose any issues with cracking, warping, etc. I'm going to keep looking but it would appear as though I may now have a use for my old Rotas!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I think 5X114 would be the best wheel selection and looks if it's possible. Other than waiting for my FiST to arrive wheel selection is my #1 pet peeve.
Yup a TON of wheels for that fitment !!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Someone on fiestafaction said the 4x100 hubs on the mazda2 are a direct fit for the fronts on the ST. Not sure if its actually true or not but something to look into
I saw that too the bite is getting the rears to take the Disc's But it is progress :)

elsolo

If I were to have hubs redrilled, I would make brake brackets to run bigger rotors that are already in the new lug pattern.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have already had my hubs and rotors re-drilled to 4x100 as there are far more choices than in 5x100. I have wheels and tires on order now and will post pics when I get them on the car.

If the hubs were wide enough I would of gone for 5x114.3 as a huge list of wheels available but then again, not much in fat 15's as mentioned below.

If indeed the Mazda 2 hubs fit it would be a simpler solution so I hope they do but it was more cost effective to have mine done at a local machine shop.

Rotors are far less important to have precisely drilled so as mentioned by a member on another site where I have posted pics of the hubs, installed, etc, he recommended just getting the new hubs or re-drilled ones and bolting to the rotors then just drill them out yourself on a drill press. Makes since as the holes have to be a bit larger than the studs, the hub is what locates the rotors, not the hubs.

I have a set of Konig Feather, 17x7 and Michelin A/S 3 Y rated in 205x45/17 for my inclement weather set on order, weight will be around 38lbs, cost around $1400 total. I would love to have them wider but for any snow, etc I may encounter narrower is better, I can use these top of the line all seasons as rain tires on track as well, they are very very fast for all seasons.

I will be getting a set of 12.2lb, 15x9, wheels in the end of the month or so for 225/45/15 track tires, either street/track BFG Rivals or Hoosier R6, Rivals I can run on the street when needed or just wanted and they are still very fast on track. Weight for either package will be around 33lbs.

I have a bit of a writeup on it on the thread on another forum.

I have also worked with a BBK company to build a low cost, race proven, 11.75" BBK kit to fit under 15" wheels, two piece rotors, street pads, SS lines, brackets, calipers, etc will be only around $750 to $800 and a larger rotor rear with brakets around $250. Very low cost consumables as in $40 rotor rings, lower cost pads, and again well proven in racing.

Good day:)
Rick