Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil catch can/Separator

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Since they never added one to the NEW 5.0 I doubt they will on ours .. The one on the 5.0 was the passenger side that pushed some oil at hi rpm the drivers side was dry. Infact I have one hanging the garage from my GT it worked great too btw and did the catch can on my Hemi's just wish someone would come out with a plug and play version I would snap it up asap ;)

The video says ALL ecoBoost engines...how would I set this up on the wife's 13 Escape? Same way since it's same motor?

HaveBlue83

Ahhhjj faaack. I shoulda done it sooner. Fack fack. Thats as bad as the focus was. Shit. Shiiiit.

Ok guess im gonna get a JBR can this week. Shit.

MOFiST

Ahhhjj faaack. I shoulda done it sooner. Fack fack. Thats as bad as the focus was. Shit. Shiiiit.

Ok guess im gonna get a JBR can this week. Shit.
I thought JBR had a FiST he was working on? That was some time ago. You should ask him before you buy and tell him a few people are looking for one he might become a vendor.

HaveBlue83

I did when i first got the car and he said that they didnt get near the amounts of blowby and felt that a CC isnt needed on these cars so they stopped the kit.

I just emailed him and told him i might buy a focus kit and rework it and see if he needs me to help develop a kit. Worst part is i sold my FoST with his CC on it and i coulda just pulled it for the FiST! It was such a pita to install that i left it on. Ughhhh.

MOFiST

Yeah I've seen the FoST. My Mazdaspeed 3 was also a pita. This is piss easy in comparison. With a kit you could do it in 10 minutes.

HaveBlue83

Its def less than the focus tho. That thing did about 2" deep of oil in a 32oz gatorade bottle every 5k miles. It kinda slowed down after 10-15k but it was still crazy. 100% oil, dark too.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Its pretty easy. Cap off port on TB. Add line to VC port and either a can at the end or a filter lol. The factory line isnt really needed.

MOFiST

I'm not so sure about the catch can there.
Ideally you want something with internal mesh.

That hose size might prove painful to adapt to the fittings as well?
Also you'd want to connect that can to the PCV then block the other port so then venting to Atmosphere as the breather would effectively be a boost leak if connected to the manifold.
I guess you could plug the breather also if you wanted to run it like a normal can.
It might be OK? I personally would go for something a little nicer. After all it's a nice car you have [burnout]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Also it would not pass any emissions test if it was vented.
(not that anyone cares)

Dave

XuperXero

Isn't China starting emission testing?

Also as stated above doesn't the venting provide a boost leak?

Dave
China is VERY strict on emission testing or anything related to environmental impacts.

But that said... This mod is a 10 minute job. Just remove and plug back the stock PCV tube during inspection (once every 6 years for Euro IV and higher cars)

No boost leak, blocked off the port at intake. See pics at my thread here: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1052-DIY-Oil-Catch-Can-Install-(Baffled)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
China is VERY strict on emission testing or anything related to environmental impacts.

But that said... This mod is a 10 minute job. Just remove and plug back the stock PCV tube during inspection (once every 6 years for Euro IV and higher cars)

No boost leak, blocked off the port at intake. See pics at my thread here: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1052-DIY-Oil-Catch-Can-Install-(Baffled)
Your catch can is constructed very much like mine.
The only difference I can see is that I choose just to put it in the middle of that hose.
This way no vents or blockages were made therefore mine is 100% legal in California.

Please don't misunderstand.
I am not saying your method is wrong or does not work, just a different way of doing it.

Dave

XuperXero

Your catch can is constructed very much like mine.
The only difference I can see is that I choose just to put it in the middle of that hose.
This way no vents or blockages were made therefore mine is 100% legal in California.

Please don't misunderstand.
I am not saying your method is wrong or does not work, just a different way of doing it.

Dave
No misunderstanding, the only reason I chose this way because I didn't want to modify the stock PCV tube like Sekred did as I still need it for inspection and there was no easy way to fit the catch can tube back on the PCV nipple on intake manifold without spending a fortune. Otherwise I would have run it straight back to the manifold. It's illegal to run this set up here as well, but we all know how lack the rules can be here... All I have to do is to take out the catch can and reconnect the PCV hose for 2 hours once every 6 years for inspection and I'm "legal" for another 6 years.