Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Squeaky clutch

Maybe try a different lubricant. I used Fluid Film on the squeaky clutch pedal on my previous car ('12 Buick Regal GS) and it cleared it right up. The car started to fall apart but the clutch never squeaked again haha.
I never heard of that

zanethan

Yeah it's a pretty unknown lubricant but it's one of the best I've found. They sell it at Lowes. It does looks kind of gross but it does the job. It also has a unique smell (not bad just different). The smell will go away after a few days especially in the summer.

http://www.fluid-film.com

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah it's a pretty unknown lubricant but it's one of the best I've found. They sell it at Lowes. It does looks kind of gross but it does the job. It also has a unique smell (not bad just different). The smell will go away after a few days especially in the summer.

http://www.fluid-film.com
I've used the Amsoil Heavy Duty Metal protector on the underside/coil overs of many rides to prevent oxidation of all sorts, but that stuff just REEKS to holy hell, and the stench just does not subside at all-would NEVER think of using it in a car interior.

zanethan

I've used the Amsoil Heavy Duty Metal protector on the underside/coil overs of many rides to prevent oxidation of all sorts, but that stuff just REEKS to holy hell, and the stench just does not subside at all-would NEVER think of using it in a car interior.
As I understand it the chemical composition of the Aimsoil and Fluid film are very different. It appears that the Aimsoil has more volatile compounds. I have used the Fluid film and it certainly doesn't reek.

Well mine squeaks too- and a little binding- started pretty much after about 1000 miles. I live where it's very hot- mostly all of the time. I lubed the pivot points once and it last for a little while- maybe 3K miles, then returned even worse. I re-lubed every pivot point I could see under the dash (I missed one key pivot point initially) and it seems to be much better now. It still get a rubbing, like vibration after the car sits for a few hours the first time I push the clutch in, then it subsides. I wonder if it's the heat that causes the pivot points to dry up and cause the squeaking? Anyway for now I am considering it "normal" as the pedal operates fine and the car shifts fine.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As I understand it the chemical composition of the Amsoil and Fluid film are very different. It appears that the Aimsoil has more volatile compounds. I have used the Fluid film and it certainly doesn't reek.
The Fluid Film is a MUCH more popular non-permanent type undercoating/corrosion resister for underneath the car, used by many in the salt soup rust belts.
It's low odor is probably one of the reasons why. ;)

I used PB blaster silicone spray lubricant AND white lithium grease spray- with the tubes attached. It was somewhat challenging getting up underneath- I had to lay on my back in the drivers foot well and use a flash light to see and feel what was going on. I could feel the binding in one of the joints- the one closest towards the steering wheel was the worst. I lubed all pivot points and some of the lube and grease dripped down and I had to clean it up. Once I lubed it, the clutch felt easier and the noise was almost gone. The lube smell was there only a day or so, then it was gone. Due to the heat down here, I'll probably have to lube it every few months.

Ford Community Posts