Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The most accurate way to use a bathroom scale is to put it on a level and solid surface so it will not rock, zero it out then weigh yourself, then yourself holding the wheels and subtract the difference.

Repeat this at least one more time, if off repeat a third or fourth time until you get a stable reading, if that does not happen then average all the results.

This is not the absolute way to be sure of the real weight but the best we might have in some instances.

If weighed by just placing on a scale, not very accurate as scales are less accurate at the extremes of their range, it could be quite far off.

My qualifications, so you know I have a bit of an idea about all this:
1) Internet business owner, retired, personally used the method above thousands of times before we had a commercial shipping scale and for smaller packages, one sitting on my desk I still use all the time, certified digital postal scale.
2) Verified the accuracy on hundreds of packages using the bathroom scale method, it was always very close to actual shipping weight.
3) Thousands of packages shipped were weighed by the shipping companies and corrected if not right and I was billed for it so learned to get it right.
4) Prior stage of my life I was a federally a certified Weigh Master working for Burlington Northern Railroad and weighed box cars with very strict tolerance scales and methods.
5) Just as a side note: I built the lightest full suspension mountain bike known in the world 15 or so years ago, I used a gram scale on many parts, 20.4lbs total and very rideable race built cross country bike I rode hard and did not break. I have been making cars lighter for over 40 years as well.

Thanks for weighing them the best way you knew how, much appreciated:)
Rick

CanadianST

The most accurate way to use a bathroom scale is to put it on a level and solid surface so it will not rock, zero it out then weigh yourself, then yourself holding the wheels and subtract the difference.

Repeat this at least one more time, if off repeat a third or fourth time until you get a stable reading, if that does not happen then average all the results.

This is not the absolute way to be sure of the real weight but the best we might have in some instances.

If weighed by just placing on a scale, not very accurate as scales are less accurate at the extremes of their range, it could be quite far off.

My qualifications, so you know I have a bit of an idea about all this:
1) Internet business owner, retired, personally used the method above thousands of times before we had a commercial shipping scale and for smaller packages, one sitting on my desk I still use all the time, certified digital postal scale.
2) Verified the accuracy on hundreds of packages using the bathroom scale method, it was always very close to actual shipping weight.
3) Thousands of packages shipped were weighed by the shipping companies and corrected if not right and I was billed for it so learned to get it right.
4) Prior stage of my life I was a federally a certified Weigh Master working for Burlington Northern Railroad and weighed box cars with very strict tolerance scales and methods.
5) Just as a side note: I built the lightest full suspension mountain bike known in the world 15 or so years ago, I used a gram scale on many parts, 20.4lbs total and very rideable race built cross country bike I rode hard and did not break. I have been making cars lighter for over 40 years as well.

Thanks for weighing them the best way you knew how, much appreciated:)
Rick
Thanks for the info! I actually used the method you mentioned and just held the wheel and subtracted the difference but it was rather hard to read since i have an ancient cheap dial scale that can't make up it's mind for what anything weighs, always gives slightly different readings every time you step on it(selling feature?) no fancy digital stuff for me.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I like the style really well, not my taste in color but it looks good, more importantly looks good to you, I really mean that:)

If you get a chance to use a more accurate scale you could weigh a wheel and tire, subtract the weight the tire is listed at and the balance weights, should be pretty close.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
What do you guys think is the limit of the total rolling diameter before scraping / snagging on stock suspensions?

Stock Wheel + Tire rolling diameter is: 23.46 in

My question is would 24.69 in be pushing it? [8]

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Airjor the rotas I bought from you are aboit 24.1 or 24.4 with tires i cant remember but with my drop they only rub when the suspebsion compresses on a big bump or a dip on the road while driving moderately fast. No rubbing on turns. At your ride height you should be fine unless you go wide then i dunno.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Raam, re:side note #5. Holy crap a 20# FS MTB? Nice! Carbon everything and 26"?

CanadianST

For anyone wanting an update on the white Team Dynamics they are definitely a top quality product, no staining or chips yet couldn't be happier. That being said white is definitely a pain in the ass to keep clean...have to hose them off after every couple rides and give them a good whipe down once every week or so.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I love the braking performance of the Fiesta ST but damn if those pads aren't the dustiest I've ever had! I can't imagine the pain of cleaning it off of white wheels.

Have you considered Teflon boat polish on them to ease the dust removal?

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I love the braking performance of the Fiesta ST but damn if those pads aren't the dustiest I've ever had! I can't imagine the pain of cleaning it off of white wheels.

I can't wait to get ride of the stock semi-metal pads, someone needs to make some ceramic front pads quickly

CanadianST

It's definitely a pain, I'm using an armor all product that makes it somewhat easier to take off but it still requires a wipe down every now and again. If they didn't look so good when they're clean I would have went with another color

iso100

1000 Post Club
I can't wait to get ride of the stock semi-metal pads, someone needs to make some ceramic front pads quickly
You might consider EBC Greenstuff pads. They're Kevlar and have very little dust but with a great initial bite and on our light cars will have great fade resistance as well. I ran them on my 80 VW Scirocco when I autocrossed it. It weighed only 1650lbs though but they should be fine on the FiST as well.