Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
The picture just isn't showing up on my computer anymore. I saw it earlier this morning but now it's just a broken image icon.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
When built right they cool the brakes and pull air out from under the car increasing downforce so I like them but some are super heavy so watch out for that.

Poor pics confined to the garage but I'll post anyway. Just got some Azenis 615's in 215/40/17 for my OZ Leggenda's. Several thing I noticed about the 215's vs the 205's. Ride is a little itty bit better, more curb protection, better appearance (in my opinion, of course), but mostly, the car feels like it tracks straighter on the highway. Much less user input required on the steering wheel. photo 1.JPG

Attachments

After scouring the webs for info before my purchase, I determined that if you are utilizing the stock suspension, you are OK with either. I did read a post of a guy on that had stock susp that had minor rubbing at full lock with the 205/45's. Most with them say nothing. The 45 route offers more choices, softer ride, but has a slightly narrower contact patch. The 215/40 route has less choices, larger patch and zero rubbing reports on stock susp that I could find.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Well ill be staying stock height and I heard a good many people wearing 45 with no problems.

And the selection in 45 are much better than 215/40s.

Depending on the money situation I would like to go down to 16s next spring, which would open up a whole other discussion on which size to get.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Well ill be staying stock height and I heard a good many people wearing 45 with no problems.
Stock height you will be fine with 45. I didn't have problems until I lowered the car. Not a lot of room in the fender wells like I am used to.

Thanks for the comment Razorlab.

Kip, let us know how the 45's do. Tire choices are pretty narrow in this area. Anybody remember the Yokohama Parada Spec 2?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Stock height you will be fine with 45. I didn't have problems until I lowered the car. Not a lot of room in the fender wells like I am used to.
Okay sweet. I just have more options going that route and I want a softer road for these terrible city roads. And I think that would be the best way.

And I actually like the stock wheels so I'm going to keep them until something goes wrong then look for new, maybe smaller wheels.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I really love the Bridgestone S04's for a daily performance tire that rides really well, is silent and grips great. The price is really good in 205/45/17.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Those are the exact ones I have on my wish list on tirerack. Can't beat the 116 a piece price. Those and the Continental extreme contact details. Those are only 99 a piece and have good reviews.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club

Fiesta ST August 2014 001 by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

Fiesta ST August 2014 016 by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

Fiesta ST August 2014 020 by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

17" x 7" Axis Touring Cups mounted on P215/40 17 Yokohama S-Drive tires. I bought these wheels in 1999 and had a shop drill and insert them for 4 x 108. They were repainted in 2010 after brake pad dust destroyed the original finish. These have been on my 2000 Focus ZX3, 2003 SVT Focus, 2009 EU Fiesta Titanium, 2011 Fiesta SES, 2014 Fiesta ST, and now the 2015 Fiesta ST.