Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

TempeST

Some OCD tracks/run groups will make you remove the center caps, and require open ended lug nuts to run, but they are the exceptions. ;)
It's true. But I don't think I would run these on the track anyway. I'd buy some 15's and much lighter for that. :) for dailies, these are perfect!

Here are some better quick photos of the XXR's I took with my DSLR. They look much more concave in person. they aren't crazy deep concave, but look more concave than this in person.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Dang nice looking budget street wheel, good pick, likely pretty strong due to the design, weight is very reasonable as well:)

----------------

On a previous post a member mentioned the 205/40/17 versus 205/45/17 tires saying the 40 series OEM rode better than the 45 series other tires, that certainly can be true but it is dependent on actual specs, weight, how stiff the sidewall is and the air pressure being used, there are to many variables to consider so a specific size is not a good comparison. Read the test reviews on Tirerack where the pick several different tires in a particular category and test then review them and you will see some big differences in ride, noise, etc on tires of the same sizes (again sidewall markings are far to generic to go by, real sizes are what we need to look at and they give than info per tire)

As an example just in ride comfort the 205/45/17 Mich PS AS3 tires I had on 16.8 lb wheels rode very harsh and were far more noisy than expected, great tires but I gave them to my daughter where they worked much better on her heavier 06 Mazda 3 five 5 door.

TempeST

Thanks RAAM, they could be lighter, but for what I have them for, I can't complain. the feedback is definitely noticeable. now just need some BBK behind these open wheels so the brakes don't look too small. But I want to wait to see what fast brakes comes out with for the 15" wheel BBK. because I will be buying 15's for the track.

You may like the Sparco Pro Corsa. They look really really good on our cars. The satin black is really nice because it hooks up with the black trim, but not being a gloss black, the wheel design doesn't just disappear, you get a good read on the shapes the wheel has and it has a decent curvature to it.
I know this was a while ago, but does anyone know if the Pro Corsas were made in a 16? I can't find much about them online and TR only sells the 17 in black; I would prefer a 16 in silver. I'm currently shopping for new wheels and I like the look of these and the Sport Edition SE-16s but they no longer make them.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If OK with 16x7 wheels the under $100 per wheel Maxxim Winner made by Konig is a dang good value, in the 16lb range, comes in Silver and look great on the car. At least one member has them and really likes them.

If OK with 16x7 wheels the under $100 per wheel Maxxim Winner made by Konig is a dang good value, in the 16lb range, comes in Silver and look great on the car. At least one member has them and really likes them.
The Maxxims are actually on my list. I've seen you recommend them to others as well and they would look really good on my white platinum. I really like the Pro Corsa/SE-16 look though (what do you call that design? Tuning fork? Multi-prong?) and want to run to ground that possibility first.

Anyone have a picture of a Magnetic FiST with white wheels? I really want either the Sparco Terras or OZ Superturismo GT/WRC. I cant find either in the US in 16x7 painted black, but I did find some Superturismo WRC 16x7 in white and I'm wondering how they would look. I want the rally style rim, but I want them painted black. I'd rather not plastidip them or powder coat them.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Maxxims are actually on my list. I've seen you recommend them to others as well and they would look really good on my white platinum. I really like the Pro Corsa/SE-16 look though (what do you call that design? Tuning fork? Multi-prong?) and want to run to ground that possibility first.
I call it the BBS/Bimmer M car look. ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Anyone have a picture of a Magnetic FiST with white wheels? I really want either the Sparco Terras or OZ Superturismo GT/WRC. I cant find either in the US in 16x7 painted black, but I did find some Superturismo WRC 16x7 in white and I'm wondering how they would look. I want the rally style rim, but I want them painted black. I'd rather not plastidip them or powder coat them.
I believe it is frankiefiesta who has the Team Dynamics white rally wheel (in 15x7, and it's very similar to the Sparco Terras/OZed Leggendas) on his magnetic car for winter use.

I cannot find the pics now, but maybe try and search for them?

I too love the looks of the black painted OZed Superturimos, and wish that they offered them in a 16x8 here in our PCDs/offsets, despite them being heavily ragged on by most on here for their weight, and relative/comparative lack of strength vs. the other casting method (stronger supposedly) wheels.

I believe it is frankiefiesta who has the Team Dynamics white rally wheel (in 15x7, and it's very similar to the Sparco Terras/OZed Leggendas) on his magnetic car for winter use.

I cannot find the pics now, but maybe try and search for them?

I too love the looks of the black painted OZed Superturimos, and wish that they offered them in a 16x8 here in our PCDs/offsets, despite them being heavily ragged on by most on here for their weight, and relative/comparative lack of strength vs. the other casting method (stronger supposedly) wheels.
Never knew about the TD rally wheel, if they offered it in 16x7 I'd be sold. I want to do a rally style look so I want to go with rims that fit it...and could also withstand some punishment if its ever given.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Never knew about the TD rally wheel, if they offered it in 16x7 I'd be sold. I want to do a rally style look so I want to go with rims that fit it...and could also withstand some punishment if its ever given.

The OZed Leggendas, IF they offered them in a 16x7/8 would be perfect, since they are painted black.

The TD Rallys are NOT inexpensive, but they are a very strong wheel, and sadly yes, only offered in 15x7. [:(]

LILIKE16ST

2016 FiST shadow black with matte black team dynamics pro race 1.2 wheels, 15x8 et35 with bfg sport comp 2 in 195/55/15; stock suspension (for now)
below are also some comparison pics of the tread width and overall height between these and my factory optioned michelin pilot sport a/s 3 in 205/40/17

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The matte black color 1.2s are HOT!! [thumb] [drool]

I may have to get that color instead of the gloss black on mine, I just hope they are not a bitch to keep clean, and to get all of the brake dust and road schmutz off of them.

Will wax streak, or stain this finish? [dunno]

LILIKE16ST

The matte black color 1.2s are HOT!! [thumb] [drool]

I may have to get that color instead of the gloss black on mine, I just hope they are not a bitch to keep clean, and to get all of the brake dust and road schmutz off of them.

Will wax streak, or stain this finish? [dunno]
Mine have been pretty easy to clean so far and I've had matte finishes in the past that weren't bad either but as far as wax I'm not sure tbh

I've got 17x7 Riva DTM's, ET 42, in Hyper Silver for sale. These were on my car for less than 100 miles. I've still got the boxes they came in if interested.