Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

I regret looking at Forumla HLT’s cause now I’m second guessing picking up my turbomacs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally narrowed my selection down to two. Now just gotta decide between white turbomacs or white tarmacs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

I'm not putting anything on my car "regaurdless of their weight" I don't care how good it looks I can find something that looks good and has light weight..once you see what a difference removed weight from wheels makes you won't ever look at those 20+ pounders the same again...its killing the feel of what this car is capable of...yea it feels great with stock heavy boat anchor on all 4 corners but it feels a whole lot better with lighter wheels on all 4...by lighter I mean at least 4-5 lbs per corner difference. That's just my oppinion on it...those turbo macs are way way too heavy. That's my opinion and I understand some do not care and are more concerned with looks and that is fine I just like doing real performance mods with a performance car. Everytime I change something on the car I try to find a way to help performance in the process. That's just me though lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Understood, and with the Dekagrams being released in a size that WE can use, that (for me) is a possibility. ;)

But I'll be damned if I am going to go through the bother and expense of re-drilling my hubs, and paying big coin for wheels (like the 15" 6ULs) which make me HATE ON the car every time I walk up to it, just to have 12 pound or less hoops on each corner! [nono]

LILIKE16ST

Yea I def would not put on wheels I hated the looks of just for weigjt savings either...but with that said there's ways you can have both...and those new 16x8 dekas are a very very sweet option. They look amazing and I'm sure they will look very good on the st. I'm considering getting them myself but I'm also thinking about just sticking with my 15s to have cheaper tires and more meat on the sidewalls for a bettee ride without the tire being too tall. I noticed discount tire has the 205/50/15 continental extreme contact sport for 87 bucks each free shipping and that makes it very tempting to just stick with my 15s. The same tires in 205/45/16 are over 20 bucks more per tire and will have little less sidewall for ride comfort and also weight would be pretty close on both setups. Aware that the 205/50 extreme contact has 6.9 tread width but that was measured on a 6.5 inch wheel...no doubt it would be noticeably more on an 8 inch wheel...section width is 8.4 and my bfg section is 7.9 and they don't look very stretched in these wheels I'm sure the extreme contact won't either. They're listed at 18 lbs on discount tire and 19 on TireRack not sure which is correct but that puts me at a very good weight regaurdless and I do like the way these wheels look on the car for sure in particular with a 1 inch drop :) I like the idea of paying 350 bucks for a brand new set of tires shipped to my house that are the quality of the extreme contact sport :)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Ever since I put my 15" wheels on and noticed the difference in performance difference, it was done. No going back to a 17" or even 16" for me. As far as looks I am pretty neutral. I can appreciate the looks of 18" wheels with "rubber band" tires. I don't have a problem with it or anything in between. But I also like the looks of these "meaty" tires on 15s. When I make my decision though I look at the whole picture and not just base it on one factor...and looks are not the highest priority for me.

One thing I like about the 15s with meaty tires is it's different. It's a look you don't see that often so it kind of stands out in it's own way without being flashy or an attention grabber. Two, it's practical. The extra cushion helps protect my wheel even though my wheel is reputed to be pretty strong that extra cushion gives me even more peace of mind...so when I accidently bang into that dip or pothole that I didn't notice in the rain, although other things may worry me, I'm not worried about my wheel cracking. And then of course is the more comfortable ride for your daily commute.

Using the Focal F05, it's not the prettiest wheel out there. But it is not bad looking either (to me), very affordable, pretty light for it's price at 15 lbs, very strong with a good rep, and I imagine that they look nice while cruising around town. Had a few people doing double takes on my wheels while cruising the highway like my wheels were magic or something...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

I feel the same way about my 15 there 8 in wide and only 15.5 lb according to the scale at work where I weighed them before I put tires on them they have a decent stretch on the tire giving me more control therefore I didn't even really notice much loss in turn in. The performance benefit is very noticeable in all areas it helps with breaking it helps with acceleration and handling in the car just feels lighter on his feet overall

*edit* the wider wheel and more aggressive offset makes the car look much more aggressive overall and I def like the look in particular with a 1 inch drop. I like the look of 16s and 17s and if they're light there's no problem really I just prefer more sidewall for ride comfort and the other benefits you mentioned. I bent one of my stock wheels a little recently on a big pothole...that is the type of thing that would not happen had I had my 15 inch setup on the car. I really don't think they look small at all on this car it fits it overall but the spoke design aids in that as well. I've seen 16s that appear smaller on this car with a different design.