Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

Based

Oh nvm I found them. Idk why they weren't coming up last night. Man this is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LT Berzerker

Question... Thinking about 15x9 with a 225/45r15 next year...

I know Raam ran that on his car with rear fender work and a tad bit more camber than factory....

Has anyone else tried that setup without cambering the rear and just pulling fenders slightly?

Curious do see if would/could work....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I wish it was simply pulling and rolling the fenders but that simply will not be enough as I had to massage mine out to the point it caused little lips to be shown that others might not find acceptable but to me fitting what I wanted was more important than how it looks, as long as not horrid that is:)

Targeted camber change was -2 degrees, I ended up with -1.9 on both sides and zero toe as planned as well.

If somebody made a camber kit it would need to be at a bit more angle as mine tipped the inside of the wheel in, flanges left attached at one corner on the bottom, this resulted in a narrower track width than shims would give as they would push the bottoms out instead of pulling the tops in, perhaps as much as -2.5 would be required with a kit.

The none ST rear axle is a bolt on semi solution, -1.5 degrees might not be enough but I do not know the flange to flange measurement, it would be nice if slightly less that the ST so the 9" wide wheels would fit.

I have tried 3 different 225/45/15 rear tires, Rival S, RA1 and R6 which is a super wide 225 and not possible to fit it on the rear on 15x9, +35mm wheels. If one could find that size wheel in higher number offset so they poked in more that would be great but the fronts would require equal or more spacers which is not a big deal with CNC, hub centric spacers and race studs. I am running DIY 1.5mm spacers up front to clear the wheels from the coilovers, 6061 aluminum, no machine work required as still sitting on the hub/hubrings just fine.

------

Soap Box Time:)

Not really into the Halloween candy wheel colors, to gaudy for my taste, sorry but just not working for me....and they get attention from more than just curious bystanders, cops see them just as well.
If you want to have fun actually driving the car quickly more often and not get busted subtle is the way to go, there are plenty of enthusiasts into real performance over style that get it so you can still get more than enough appreciative looks and comments if that makes you happy;)

LT Berzerker

Damn! I would really like to run a snug 225/45r15 (15x8 isn't ideal)....Guess I'll stick with the 17x8 and continue to run 215's....

Currently I have a smidge of rub on the 215/45r17 hankook RS-4 in the rear only (purely on straight compression due to potholes) solely due to the back edge of the quarter panel where the bumper mounts...Might message that a touch this weekend...

Note: that's 24.75" (I'll double check that) ground to fender height on MeisterR coils. Front is clear but had to raise it when corner-balancing the car slightly so it's give or take a 1/4" from 24.75" all around...

Still getting used to how it looks lol, but drives great!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I remember when some shops REFUSED to mount 225/55-16 winters on my factory 16x8 wheels on a 4th gen f body!!

My have we come a long way, when a 15x9 is just 'average', or 'standard' for a 225/45-15! [crazyeye]

I have tried 3 different 225/45/15 rear tires, Rival S, RA1 and R6 which is a super wide 225 and not possible to fit it on the rear on 15x9, +35mm wheels. If one could find that size wheel in higher number offset so they poked in more that would be great but the fronts would require equal or more spacers which is not a big deal with CNC, hub centric spacers and race studs. I am running DIY 1.5mm spacers up front to clear the wheels from the coilovers, 6061 aluminum, no machine work required as still sitting on the hub/hubrings just fine.
I've noticed that with the Team Dynamics wheels in 15x8, they look like the offset is too low out back. Would be awesome to find a 15x8 et40 or higher and see if that worked out back and just run a spacer up front. Even in 4x100, I haven't seen a 15x8 with an offset that high. The first ever run of 949 racing 6UL 15x8 were ET40 4x100, but those were made in like 2007, would be nearly impossible to find a set. The next production went to et36.

You can get a 15x9 et35 which pulls the wheel in a bit but the overall wheel position is identical so no real help there. A 225 tire would basically just sit in the same spot 15x8 et35 or 15x9 et35 due to the added rim width.

Kind of a bummer the aftermarket never took off better for the Fiesta, can't really blame anyone about that I guess.

I saw a Team Dynamics in person, doesn't look like there is enough extra material on the back of the rim to shave 5mm to increase the rear offset.

Looks like CCWs start at like $400 a wheel which just seems like a lot of money to spend to get an extra 10mm of tire.

LILIKE16ST

Has anyone tried the new continental exteme contact sport in particular in a 205/50/15? I like these tires they have the same tread wear as the sport comp 2s I have and have rave reviews from everyone and in this size only weigh 19 lbs per tire which is great my bfg are 21 each. The only problem is tread width is only 6.9 according to tire rack and I'm running 8 inch wide wheels this may be a little low. The section is 8.4 on it vs 7.9 for my bfg but the bfg have a 7.7 tread width which is much wider than the 6.9 on the 205 continentals. I was just wondering if anyone has tried these? What do you think about the fit rick (ramm)? I know what you're going to say just wanna see for myself lol. Thanks all.

As of now I'm leaning towards the 205/50 star specs they are solid tires for my needs and are a decent price and only 19 lbs each also. They have an 8.4 section and 7.5 tread width much better match for my 8 inch wheels

Has anyone tried the new continental exteme contact sport in particular in a 205/50/15? I like these tires they have the same tread wear as the sport comp 2s I have and have rave reviews from everyone and in this size only weigh 19 lbs per tire which is great my bfg are 21 each. The only problem is tread width is only 6.9 according to tire rack and I'm running 8 inch wide wheels this may be a little low. The section is 8.4 on it vs 7.9 for my bfg but the bfg have a 7.7 tread width which is much wider than the 6.9 on the 205 continentals. I was just wondering if anyone has tried these? What do you think about the fit rick (ramm)? I know what you're going to say just wanna see for myself lol. Thanks all.

As of now I'm leaning towards the 205/50 star specs they are solid tires for my needs and are a decent price and only 19 lbs each also. They have an 8.4 section and 7.5 tread width much better match for my 8 inch wheels
These are the exact tires I am currently running. They feel much better than the OEM tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Those look much wider than 6.9" wide at the tread! [thumb]

But, TR measured them on 6.5" wide wheels, the tread width does go up a little on a 1.5" wider wheel, but probably not .6" worth (vs. the 195/55-15 SC2s).

LILIKE16ST

^^^Those look much wider than 6.9" wide at the tread! [thumb]

But, TR measured them on 6.5" wide wheels, the tread width does go up a little on a 1.5" wider wheel, but probably not .6" worth (vs. the 195/55-15 SC2s).
This is true the tread width would def be wider on 8 inch wheels. Looks like a great tire I may actually consider it when replacement time comes