Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Yes! I too think it turned out great. I guess I'm getting old or something but over the top exterior mods just don't do it for me. I'm into more of an "aggressive" OEM look?!? Always have been!

[hihi]
Where did you buy these? I love them!

^^^RE-11s??

It looks GREAT setup like that, very 'hunkered-down" and tight! [thumb]

Now I am regretting not going bronze, instead of gloss black, on my 1.2s. [:(]

(ANY problems yet with the law about no front plate?)
Yes they are re11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
No front plate, doing this for 49 years, more vehicles than I can remember, 5 west coast states, only had front plates around 5% of the time and never stopped or ticked for it.
------------
All my cars have been built to fly under the radar, mostly at least, CF hood on ST was meant to be painted but my wife talked me into not doing so.

Wheels and tires, exhaust tip, lowered to maximize handling but not slammed, simple splitter, debadged, my normal mod external look.

LILIKE16ST

Team dynamics pro race 15" with 205/50/15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet setup looks nice and good choice on wheels. Those must be the 7 inch version because my 15x8 have a different look the spokes just look different I can't explain it. They appear more concave....I think that's the word I'm looking for. That is a very sweet clean under the rador but still great looking setup you got going on all the way around sorta like mine. I opened up the lower grill and cut off the slats and used touchup paint to hide wheee they used to be to show off my DEPO fmic like your cpe I love that look. I blacked out my st and for emblems and have a murdered out black on black look going but I didn't with the intercooler I don't wanna do anything to hinder its performance even if it's every so slightly. Having everything else murdered out also makes it pop more like "LOOK I HAVE AN UPGRADED FMIC!!!!" Yet but those who don't know about the st probably would never really notice. Cops don't seem to pay the car any mind at all and I too have been running without a front plate the entire year I've had the car looks SOOOOO much better without it good job sir

If you look closely there are subtle differences so they're at least not the same wheel re-badged. Look at where the spokes meet the outer edge of the wheel. Also, the center inner lip of the rim(the other end of the spokes) where it says OZ racing has a distinct flat looking profile compared to the svt wheel. Both sets of wheels would look great though!

Can someone tell me if those wheel are really made by OZ Racing. I know that in north America that OZ are not "very well known" but in Europe, its the opposite. I have a set of 15 spokes "ford" wheel that came from a canadian 2010 focus. Inside the rim is clearely written FoMoCo. But the SAME wheel in Europe that came with some Focus SVT and other models, they are OZ wheels. Same wheels, but i think Ford just put their name on them. Same wheels except the hubs.

In fact, are they OZ superturismo or not ?

Maybe im incorrect all the way, correct me loll

All that to know which stickers im putting on them??
Im sorry again if im crazy lol

We have them in north america

In Europe

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
From another thread with the 17x9 Japanese Racing I took a look and found 16x8, 4x108, problem is the +25 offset is not the best for the geometry and might cause a fitment issue, no idea of the weight of them, how good they are, etc...but if somebody wanted to look into it perhaps they can be made with a 35 or 40 offset, group buy put together, etc....

16x8 is a perfect size for this car as most would fit over the 12.19" BBK's, more sidewall for a better ride, look great and not as little as most 15's for those concerned with it and they make a couple of nice styles and colors.

Just a site I found them on:
https://www.performancealloys.com/technicalsearchresults.aspx?Size=16x8,16x8&PCD=4x108,4x108&l1=Optional&o11=25&o12=45&w11=Optional&w12=9&l2=Optional&o21=25&o22=45&w21=Optional&w22=9&mi=Optional&EH=Optional&C=Optional&mo=Optional

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No front plate, doing this for 49 years, more vehicles than I can remember, 5 west coast states, only had front plates around 5% of the time and never stopped or ticked for it.
------------
All my cars have been built to fly under the radar, mostly at least, CF hood on ST was meant to be painted but my wife talked me into not doing so.

Wheels and tires, exhaust tip, lowered to maximize handling but not slammed, simple splitter, debadged, my normal mod external look.
The problem with Joyzee is that it IS 'hit or miss' with the cops stopping/ticketing you for no front plate, and probably worse than any other state out there save for Cali in this regard. [:(]

My brother tries to get away with it on his modded C6, and has talked/'PBA carded' his way out of tickets for this, but he hardly ever drives that thing, so it is not a true 'sampling' of what a daily driver would face in that state.

I just keep my plates on nowadays. No stickers. No funny neon colors. No loud exhaust. Living in Cali with a modded car is tough sometimes, but it's easier now that I've gotten older. Rolling around town slammed on Rays isn't exactly "low key", but I try not to give the po's too much to complain about while still being able to at least throw some of my personality out there to the car loving world.

Speaking of plates, I've been rocking the dealer paper plates since I bought the car. We'll see how long that lasts. My veteran plates are on the shelf at home.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Cali, never a problem, 20+ years, San Diego, La Jolla, Oceanside, Navato, Mare Island, Yreka, I did have Washington plates on most of those years as was active duty Navy which may of been part of the reason never stopped for it.

I was stopped for a couple of BS tickets during that time just to get more revenue picking on owners of nice cars instead of going after criminals.

LILIKE16ST

One thing that helps me is where I live about 30-40 miles from the Tennessee border in southwestern va it's not that uncommon to see Tennessee plates cars here which is a 1 plate state so seeing someone without a front plate isn't an automatic zeroing in on ya type of thing. They would have to see there's no plate and actually notice it and then see that there's a Virginia plate on the back. My black on black fiesta just seems to blend in they don't pay it any mind and my exhaust isn't exactly quiet (straight piped stock catback with only the cat in the exhaust system). Most people around here don't even know what the fiesta st is so I think most cops just think it's a regular fiesta and pay it no mind which is one thing I like about the car. Even modded it doesn't attract much attention but the color has something to do with that too. It's mean and aggressive looking but at the same time it blends in well too to those who don't know what the FiST is which seems to be a large number here lol

LILIKE16ST

Now back in the day I took the front plate off my 97 mustang cobra and put it in the front window and got stopped the same day by a state trooper and ticketed it was a 15 dollar fix it ticket so I just put it back on. I think the main thing that got me was putting it in the front window that automatically streams "I'm supposed to have a plate on the front of this car but I don't" lol. If you're going to run without it it's best to just run without it altogether it blends in easier when you live close to a 1 plate state.

I live in a bubble, oops, I mean San Francisco... SF is never a problem for me because well, my car isn't that modded and anyway the cops have better things to do, right? But of the greater Bay Area region, I must say that some suburbs can be hell for modded cars. Fremont is fairly notorious, at least they used to be. They would pull over cars for dumb stuff like no front license plate, and then you would see hoods being popped. I don't know if other states have referee's, but California does and if you ever get sent there, you better hope that your mods are super easy to reverse.

My good friend has an F80 M3. Yas Marina Blue, competition package. It doesn't help that the car is already flashy, and on top of that he's rolling on Championship White BBS FI-R.. but he has no front plate. I mean, you're not going to drill your expensive bumper for that right? Anyway, motorcycle cops (traffic cops) will be trained on him every single time as he passes with no front plate, but as he passes they see that he has dealer papers on the rear, so they let him go. Maybe they are just looking at the nice car? Mind you this is in a residential neighborhood in a suburb where the police don't really have much else to do.

Also, not driving like a complete douce helps as well. (I know I spelled it wrong, but I like doing that sometimes, for fun.) Lots of modded cars have drivers that drive like douces, so that doesn't help any of us either.

Hey, I've been looking at this and the idea of running threaded studs seems pretty solid, rather than buying ARP bolts. One thing I remember about the e36 threaded studs I used to run is the hub was pretty thick. What's the engagement on the threads there? Not sure what kind of load those threads would see, maybe it's not a big deal but for some reason the conversion makes me nervous. Have you seen this conversion on other hubs? Did some google-ing and didn't find much.

Good question man! I was assured by my engineers at work that it is safe, as there are 6 threads engagement. Really good thinking there on your part... to be honest, I did not even calculate it until you just asked. Thankfully, I am relieved.

Here's a link to a thread I just created so we can discuss this further. I would love to hear if some engineers can chime in on it! http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/13145-Wheel-Hub-Threaded-Stud-Conversion-Safe