Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #1,061
[MENTION=4665]kona16[/MENTION] whats the wheel size and offset on that? Looks great.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Design makes them look more like an 18, huge!

I like them, very strong obviously, I wonder what they weigh?

16x8 would be perfect on this car if not to heavy:)

Okay...so here's the lowdown on my long research and purchase. I have some Kosei k5r's and like them but wanted something else with a little more offset and an 8" width. Saw people getting the Titans and read all the info on offset, tire sizes, suspension, etc. I have Mountune springs and did not want anything close to rubbing. I saw everything that members have here wheel wise and didn't see anything that was that much better then the Kosei's I already had so I searched everywhere for our 4 x 108 lug pattern. Some how I stumbled upon these, Rota Recce, but they are not available in the US. I contacted several shops in the UK to get more info and to get a quote. First off they all said they could not ship to the US due to regional sales restrictions. Not much could be found in regards to weight, I do have a concern in regards to weight but these are just for my daily driver so I don't need super light weight but will not buy boat anchors either. Closest weight I could get is that they are close to the weight of Grids so Titans are probably lighter, still lighter then stock. Next I contacted Rota USA and they said they don't sell those in the US...great. After some persistency the guy said I could special order a set, I just needed to go through an authorized dealer. I contacted my local guy who does my alignments and he knew the guy at Rota. My order got placed! After 2 months they came in. While waiting I researched every 215/40 x 17 tire I could find. Most people on the forum don't mention the section or tread width, just the size. There are many different tread widths in a 215, 7.4" to 8.2", that is one reason people rub, a 1/2" can make all the difference in the world of clearance. Anyway, chose the Kumho PS31, 7.5" tread width. So I think these are the first set for a Fiesta in the US...

Rota Recce (pronounced either "rex" or "rec see" depending on what google search you find...lol)
17 x 8 (could not find any other sizes, no 16" or 15")
4 x 108
40mm offset
73mm center bore (need hub centric rings)
Color: Steel Gray
Weight: less then 19 lbs. (no one could tell me, just said close to Grids)

Attachments

J2FoRS

^^Honestly those are the nicest wheels ive seen to date for our car. Looks amazing. As RAAM said they look huge even if just 17, and that concave is sick. Really nice [MENTION=4665]kona16[/MENTION] and good on you for being persistent and getting what you wanted, outside the box. (or in this case outside the continent) Very unique look. [pray]

Thank you all for the positive feedback.

It has been brought to my attention that they are available on Ebay now. They weren't the last I looked...for sure not at the end of last year when I started my project search...

^^Honestly those are the nicest wheels ive seen to date for our car. Looks amazing. As RAAM said they look huge even if just 17, and that concave is sick. Really nice [MENTION=4665]kona16[/MENTION] and good on you for being persistent and getting what you wanted, outside the box. (or in this case outside the continent) Very unique look. [pray]
Thanks again, [MENTION=3329]j2FiST[/MENTION]

Here's a better picture of the concave centers...

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
YES, those look INSANELY GREAT on our rides, and I have a feeling we are going to be seeing A LOT more FiSTs with those wheels on them (sadly, for those who want exclusivity [:(])! [twothumb]

My guess is those are Rota's 'answer' to the Enkei NT-03 series, (NONE of which are made for our cars), and to the 1552 Turbomacs for those who want a thinner/higher count spoke pattern.

They are going to be a BITCH to clean, but WELL WORTH IT!

BTW; the name is pronounced/enunciated like "reckie" (short for reconnaissance, in order to get current condition info for 'pace notes'), IF they want it to sound like the name of the special stage pre-running done on/for top rallies worldwide.
(BRGT350 on here has plates with this on them on his FiST. ;) )

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
A bit to tall and heavy for me but look strong and the name fits the style quite well:)

I looked at the Rota site, 17-20" diameter, I really wish that trend never took off, we really do not need huge diameter wheels for most cars simply to big and I only go for tall wheels when I have no other choice.

Still a nice enough wheel for many so glad for those that want more choices for this car.

---------
I had 17x9 Rays for street tires, NTO3 18x.9.5 for road track slicks and 18x10.5 for autocross tires on an 07 Forester XT, 18's because of wheel and tires available or it would of been 17's. I will use taller wheels when I must but even my highly modded C6 street Vette I stayed with 18's, 10.5 wide fronts and 13" wide rears, CCW mono block, fully mirror polished, $2800 shipped which is amazing as no other forged wheel is made better no matter the cost they were even TUV rated.
---------

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yeah, I was even going to call CCW and see IF they would be able to make up a 16x8/8.5 in their C10 style for our PCD/offset, but never bothered since I took for granted they would want at least $3K for the set. [crazyeye] [:(]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I looked into CCW when I first bought the car 3 years ago and went right for the 4x100 conversion and 12.9lb 15x9's flow formed wheels for $124 each, later I changed to the 13.4 lb Helix as a bit stronger and better aero, 10 wheels for $1240 shipped!

--------

I agree, go lighter and get spoiled, I have done it now somewhere in the decades....

--------

If I wanted 17's on this car it would be these, Advanti Hypergram, flow formed, 17x9, 17lbs, $157 each and if not done so do the 4x100 conversion but I did mine in the spring of 2014, first ST done I am sure:)
(I might have to go down to 17x8 as tires might not be found wide enough for 9's)

BUT, these will be a bit stronger so likely go for them instead though weigh just a bit more at 17.9lbs.

Another Konig, newer design, not sure on weight but flow formed,