Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

Oooh, how do you like those Barum tires? Always been curious about them.
They're working fairly well for me. They hold up well to spirited driving and I haven't noticed any real affect on handling. Ride quality is slightly improved. Overall, I'd say it's a good buy considering the cost.

LILIKE16ST

Summer shoes: 34.5lbs saves 10.7lbs per wheel over stock
Team Dynamics: Thanks to [MENTION=129]PCA-1[/MENTION]
Bronze Pro-Race 1.2 15x8/4x108/35mm offset w/63.4 hub bore 15.5lbs
Dunlop:
DIREZZA ZII STAR SPEC 205/50R15 19lbs

very very nice setup my man. I think it's closer to around 8 lbs per corner off tho...unless your stock setup weighed alot more than mine. Stock rims are 22.5 and the all season michelins are like 20 so that's 42.5. If yours had the bridgestones I think they are 19 lbs so that would make it even less at 41.5 so that's either 7 or 8 lbs per corner off vs stock setup depending on which tires yours came with. Not sure where you're getting 10.7 unless you were running different tires that were heavier. You're dead on on the weight of the pro race wheels in 15x8 I weighed them myself when I got my matte black ones mine came in at 15.4 without the center caps so 15.5 is dead on.

That is a very solid set up you have and those 19 lbs star specs are one of my top choices for tires to replace my bfg with. Although for longevity reasons I am thinking about trying the continental extreme contact tires in 205/50 which are also 19 lbs each and that would put me at 34.5 per corner or 8 less than stock (I'm currently 6 less than stock at 36.5 because I'm running these heavy-extra-large-195 tires from bfg lol. Another thing I wanted to mention is you said you were dropped 1.5-2 inches it looks more like an inch or so did you actually measure it at that? I'm thinking about the swift spec r springs for mine I think it would look perform and ride great.

Anywho props on your setup that bronze looks really good. These 15x8 from team dynamics are the best 15 for our car short of doing a 4x100 swap. They are a very solid choice and I'm so glad I got mine.

*EDIT* I was looking at your last pic and its hard to tell but it looks like the tread pattern might be reversed. I did this on my bfg for 3000 miles when i put them back on after winter time and thought I was extra careful when putting them on but somehow got my rear tires reversed and I jacked the back end up one day and switched them real quick. The only thing that is effected is wet traction and looks IMO. Just wanted to point that out. It's hard to see for sure in the pic so if this isn't the case then my appologies
*EDIT2* I just looked at the pics larger and those rear tires are definately mounted reversed just swap the rear two tires around and it fixes it takes 5 minutes tops been there done that lol.

LT Berzerker

Looks good! random side note, i see your car a lot near the airport on Layton and on 794 near hoan bridge. i drive a 2014 molten orange with black sparcos in bay view
Lol, I love in cudahy a block away from Layton ;)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

chi

I think it's closer to around 8 lbs per corner off tho...unless your stock setup weighed alot more than mine.
It is my understanding the stock wheel/tire combination was 45.2lbs for the 2014 FiSTs which is how I came up with these numbers. I did not actually weigh any of them as my scale is too wildly inaccurate.

chi

Understood, the numbers I found were from [MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION] via another forum. Thanks for clearing that up!

"My wheels each weighed 45.2 ish lbs that is the std 47 mm offset 205/40/17 Bridgestone RE 50 tire and painted rim"

chi

[MENTION=4050]Capri to ST[/MENTION]
Understood, the numbers I found were from [MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION] via another forum. Thanks for clearing that up!

"My wheels each weighed 45.2 ish lbs that is the std 47 mm offset 205/40/17 Bridgestone RE 50 tire and painted rim"

[MENTION=4772]LILIKE16ST[/MENTION]
you said you were dropped 1.5-2 inches it looks more like an inch or so did you actually measure it at that?
I didn't actually do the install but initaiily asked for only a 1" drop it was then pointed out a bit more would be better but I can't remember if it was another half or full inch. Install, corner balanced http://v0m.it/i/cb.jpg , and aligned http://v0m.it/i/a.jpg by Tru Line Frame & Wheel

chi

you said you were dropped 1.5-2 inches it looks more like an inch or so did you actually measure it at that?
I didn't actually do the install but initaiily asked for only a 1" drop it was then pointed out a bit more would be better but I can't remember if it was another half or full inch. Install, corner balanced http://v0m.it/i/cb.jpg , and aligned http://v0m.it/i/a.jpg by Tru Line Frame & Wheel

I just measured from the ground through the center of the wheel to the fender which came to 23 3/4". Not sure if that helps or not?

LILIKE16ST

I just measured from the ground through the center of the wheel to the fender which came to 23 3/4". Not sure if that helps or not?
I just parked mine on level concrete here at work and did some measuring I have the same wheels with 195/55 bfg tires and mine measured just a fraction under 24 1/4 front and a fraction over 24 1/2 in the rear I measured from the ground through the middle of the center cap to the bottom of the middle of the fender was you referring to the front or rear and was you level when you measured??

*edit* I'm on completely stock suspension

chi

you referring to the front or rear and was you level when you measured??
That was for the front, which i just verified was a bit off. Here are more accurate numbers taken the same way but viewed at a more level angle.

Front driver: 23 1/2"
Rear driver: 23"

LILIKE16ST

That was for the front, which i just verified was a bit off. Here are more accurate numbers taken the same way but viewed at a more level angle.

Front driver: 23 1/2"
Rear driver: 23"
It's strange it sits higher in front if those numbers were reversed it would be similar to alot of lowering springs at around 1 inch rear and close to 1 1/4 front drop based on what mine is.

*edit* I plan to get swift spec r springs very soon and based on the advertised drop I should be just a little over 23 front and around 23.5 rear I'll measure after they're installed and settled and see what the numbers come out to.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
*edit* I plan to get swift spec r springs very soon and based on the advertised drop I should be just a little over 23 front and around 23.5 rear I'll measure after they're installed and settled and see what the numbers come out to.
Thanks! [thumb]

I'd eventually like to get the Spec Rs myself, and put them over either Koni Sports or the Bilstein B8s, if no one releases a coil over setup I 'must have' before then (like a Ground Control conversion for the Konis, or an affordable, but decent quality 2 way adjustable {separate/independent rebound and compression settings} coil over deal). ;)

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
My 5th set of wheels.... these *should* be the last set of wheels I ever buy.

No rubbing. 17x8 Rota Titans +40

Dunlop Direzza DII Star Spec 215/40-17 tires

Lowered on Cobb specific springs

I have Hyper black, silver and flat black center caps. In person the contrast of the silver caps and the ingot silver paint go really well together...

Attachments