Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What was your first Fiesta ST mod?

What was your first Fiesta ST mod?

• Intake

Votes: 62 11.4%
  • Exhaust

Votes: 53 9.7%
  • Tune

Votes: 91 16.7%
  • Other Performance (Please List)

Votes: 42 7.7%
  • Suspension (Coilovers/Springs/Shocks)

Votes: 15 2.8%
  • Tires & Wheels

Votes: 36 6.6%
  • Exterior Aesthetics

Votes: 52 9.6%
  • Lighting

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • Stereo & Speakers

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Window Tint

Votes: 111 20.4%
  • Other (Please List)

Votes: 58 10.7%

• Total voters
Not that this is a biggie in most ways, but the very first thing I did was remove the dealer badge from the rear end. They didn't ask to place it, and I'm generally not inclined to giving free advertising. Maybe just my thing, but . . . .
Exactly. Took that crap off the day after I brought her home.

Jumped right to stage 3 cobb right out of the gate. Well, 1-3 in quick succession. Just have to muster the energy to finish the downpipe.

Did stage 1 and then a week later did stage 2 qnd then a month later stage 3. A month later i did a pro tune. 3 weeks later did wheels and tires. In between those times i did a dozen other small mods. Bumper is cut up and im in the process of sanding it down.
. A couple weeks i get my flex fuel kit installed.

rexdriver85

Did stage 1 and then a week later did stage 2 qnd then a month later stage 3. A month later i did a pro tune. 3 weeks later did wheels and tires. In between those times i did a dozen other small mods. Bumper is cut up and im in the process of sanding it down.
That front bumper looks awesome with the COBB IC peeking through. Great job. [emoji108]

That front bumper looks awesome with the COBB IC peeking through. Great job. [emoji108]
Thank you. Im cutting those vertical supports out and make it look really clean. Oh and i totally forgot the best mod of them all the turbosmart dualport shorty blow off valve. Fixed my purging i was getting while building boost.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thank you. Im cutting those vertical supports out and make it look really clean. Oh and i totally forgot the best mod of them all the turbosmart dualport shorty blow off valve. Fixed my purging i was getting while building boost.
What purging? And did you feel a big difference between your stage 3 and your pro tune?

And I was planning on cutting my bars too. Difficult job?

What purging? And did you feel a big difference between your stage 3 and your pro tune?

And I was planning on cutting my bars too. Difficult job?
As i would accelerate the bpv would open early instead of holding boost until i released the throttle. The factory spring is weak and i highly recomend this valve. I have a video of it as well. Not that big of gains between cobbs stage 3 ots and pro tune. I gained maybe 4 hp and 18wtq. I used a dremmel to cut it and now im sanding it down.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
As i would accelerate the bpv would open early instead of holding boost until i released the throttle. The factory spring is weak and i highly recomend this valve. I have a video of it as well. Not that big of gains between cobbs stage 3 ots and pro tune. I gained maybe 4 hp and 18wtq. I used a dremmel to cut it and now im sanding it down.
Oh okay. And good info. I'm going to hopefully get a tune from Randy so just wondering what the differences were. And it looks good man.

18wtq should be noticeable

dyn085

2000 Post Club
The spring doesn't hold full boost, only about 5.5 psi.

SPhilli911

My first mod was nothing crazy, FSWerks short shift kit. Easy install. Put it in only a week after owning the car, so it's honestly hard to tell the difference from stock shift throws.

My first mod was nothing crazy, FSWerks short shift kit. Easy install. Put it in only a week after owning the car, so it's honestly hard to tell the difference from stock shift throws.
I have boombas short kit with their sets of bushings and it gives it more of a mechanical feel. Pretty much the only thing you should buy from them as everything else is useless.

SPhilli911

I have boombas short kit with their sets of bushings and it gives it more of a mechanical feel. Pretty much the only thing you should buy from them as everything else is useless.
I might end up getting that as well. The FSWERKS "kit" was just the transmission adapter that shortened the throw (25%) only, no shift lever at all.

I might end up getting that as well. The FSWERKS "kit" was just the transmission adapter that shortened the throw (25%) only, no shift lever at all.
Yeah i didnt end up purchasing the shift lever for the 25 percent throws is short enough for me. I want some travel between gears just to enjoy the driving. Those bushings do help. Feels more solid with gear engagement.