Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PERON Super Stock V2 Hybrid Turbo

Peron shared some details of its new hybrid turbo, Super Stock V2:

We are proud to present the PERON Super Stock V2 Fiesta ST Turbocharger...Watch this space as the final testing is completed.
This is the largest Super Stock location Hybrid Turbo money can buy and will be sold as a complete kit including a bespoke Turbosmart DV relocation package and Plug N Play ECU Flash remap.

The Super Stock V2 should be able to hit 300BHP.

The current Super Stock makes ~280 BHP and at 1.6bar (23.2PSI) over 300lb/ft.
A clip from MGTubro on YT, Super Stock V1 @1.6bar (23.2PSI):

[video=youtube;906N0paNPxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=906N0paNPxM[/video]

OP
K
Thread Starter #3
This should most definitely test internals and transmission strength
Well they know what they 're doing in UK.

PumaSpeed (UK) already has a hybride set up that makes 290-305BHP and 300lb/ft. So internals can handle it.
To get 300BHP PumaSpeed also provides a quickspool manifold for their hybride turbo. Think Peron will make one also.

Etyrnus

Curious to see what their power curve looks like. I personally don't like trading too much spool quickness for power, kills the fun of the car for me.

OP
K
Thread Starter #6
Curious to see what their power curve looks like. I personally don't like trading too much spool quickness for power, kills the fun of the car for me.
Indeed, same here. But it's a hybride, so it will spool quick:

Dyno sheets from the PumaSpeed 300R hybrid setup.

Etyrnus

That isn't bad at all. Just a little above the stock turbo as far as spool time.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Wonder what it's going to cost. We already have quite a few turbo upgrades out there. Pretty sure it will spool like one of the ATP turbos. Being as Peron is European based, probably won't make much cent$ as opposed to one of our domestic alternatives. Just my .02

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Look at the right hand side of the graph, it is in Newton-metres, not torque. Metric vs imperial .
Newton metres and hp do not cross at 5252
As in, prove that they don't cross at 5252, and that it's not just scaling in the plot.

I'd like to see this.
Sorry, what? It's right there on the dyno graph. It's making ~350nm of torque at 5252 rpm... How much horsepower is it making at 5252? Clearly it isn't 350, therefore it doesn't cross there

edit: If you convert 350nm to lb-ft you will see its 258lb-ft and that DOES hit the BHP point at 5252.

The calculation you are using to get a HP number from the torque created doesn't work the same way when the measurement format is different. Just like looking at a dyno graph using kW vs lb-ft or NM etc... they are just all different formats and measuring units.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Sorry, what? It's right there on the dyno graph. It's making ~350nm of torque at 5252 rpm... How much horsepower is it making at 5252? Clearly it isn't 350, therefore it doesn't cross there

edit: If you convert 350nm to lb-ft you will see its 258lb-ft and that DOES hit the BHP point at 5252.

The calculation you are using to get a HP number from the torque created doesn't work the same way when the measurement format is different. Just like looking at a dyno graph using kW vs lb-ft or NM etc... they are just all different formats and measuring units.

Edit- I didn't see your edit.

You poor, lost soul. It's just scaling. Horsepower=Torque*RPM/5252
I'll await your apology when you go back to class.

Ok then, lets make this easy for you. That graph shows 340nm of torque at 6000rpm. Using your incorrect math logic it means that this car is making 388whp at 6000rpm. Funny though, the graph only shows 285hp at 6000rpm.... hmmmm tell me why????? ;)

oh, BTW don't forget its also listed at BHP which is flywheel hp.

edit: thank you ;)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I'll await your apology when you go back to class.

Ok then, lets make this easy for you. That graph shows 340nm of torque at 6000rpm. Using your incorrect math logic it means that this car is making 388whp at 6000rpm. Funny though, the graph only shows 285hp at 6000rpm.... hmmmm tell me why????? ;)

oh, BTW don't forget its also listed at BHP which is flywheel hp.
Meh... I apologize for nothing. They cross at 5252.