Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fusion spied in ST trim

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/02/ford-fusion-st-spied/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

http://wot.motortrend.com/1509_ford...=10153209679971312&adbpl=fb&adbpr=18332466311

cdauto-fusionst-9215-6-1.jpg

"Ford produces a wide array of performance machinery, but it's traditionally reserved the letters ST for hot hatches like the Fiesta ST and Focus ST. That changes with the vehicle you see here: the heavily camouflaged Fusion ST.

This prototype is wearing bigger wheels and tires, upgraded brake rotors and calipers, enhanced bodywork, and quad exhaust tips ? all the telltale signs of something more potent and capable. The performance version of Dearborn's midsize sedan is tipped to pack a version of the company's 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6. That's anticipated to channel upwards of 300 horsepower to all four-wheels through a six-speed automatic transmission, but we can hold out hope that maybe, just maybe, Ford will offer a three-pedal manual.

One way or another, the Fusion ST will make a worthy successor (and then some) to the old Contour SVT. That model was offered in the late 1990s with a naturally aspired 2.5-liter Duratec V6 packing 202 horsepower, which may have been solid by yesterday's standards, but promises to be left in the dust by this new model. Look for the Fusion ST to accompany the facelifted Fusion sedan early next year. Enthusiastic customers in other markets can also hope for a Mondeo ST to be offered overseas as well."

cdauto-fusionst-9215-14-1.jpg

Yikes! I won't be trading in my Fiesta... I wonder how this will do sales wise, I didn't think Ford was having much luck with the Taurus SHO?

SHO's make crazy power when modded they're just heavy. This will be a nice car
I would hope so with a 3.5L ecoboost. :p

I wonder if the Taurus is going to get the gen2 3.5L that's going into the Ford GT and SVT Raptor's?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I like where this is going. [lovest]

I've always liked the look of the Fusion. I'm all for a ST version but they better keep it 6MT! Doesn't the Fusion have an AWD system already?

Yikes! I won't be trading in my Fiesta... I wonder how this will do sales wise, I didn't think Ford was having much luck with the Taurus SHO?
The current SHO is big and heavy without extra interior space. The 89 SHO was the size of the current fusion and was faster than the Mustang GT. in fact it was the third fastest sedan in the world and the only one that sold for less than $50k. It was a big hit and a great car!
A 350hp Fusion with dual clutch paddle shifters that can pull .95+ skidpad for $35k would be a huge hit in my book!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
The current SHO is big and heavy without extra interior space. The 89 SHO was the size of the current fusion and was faster than the Mustang GT. in fact it was the third fastest sedan in the world and the only one that sold for less than $50k. It was a big hit and a great car!
A 350hp Fusion with dual clutch paddle shifters that can pull .95+ skidpad for $35k would be a huge hit in my book!
I would seriously consider an Fusion ST/RS with a dual clutch all day long

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I doubt it will be dual clutch. Probably just a standard auto.

6 speed manual, awd, turbo would make it .. Almost a mazdaspeed6 successor (with 2 more cylinders)

The 2.7 Lincoln MKX makes 335/380 stock. If this is the same 2.7 it's going to be a fast/monster car. AWD and automatic with tuning potential it's gonna be a RS butt raper

FusionST mule article on motor trend app

19inch wheels , 2.7 Eco boost v-6 300-325 ponies , quad exhaust , saw the article on motor tend app.

" It's hard to say how the twin-turbo 2.7-liter will perform in the Fusion, but a much heavier 2015 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 equipped with that engine hit 60 mph in 6.5 seconds in our tests. For comparison, the Focus ST we recently tested reaches that speed in 6.2 seconds."

The 2.7 CGI block can handle boost, it's just a matter of time for Livernois to make an upper cylinder "girdle" to handle the extra boost that performance geeks (like us) want to do with it (I see an easy 50psi with forged internals, ARP studs, cometic gaskets and this CGI block)...