Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2015 FiST in Performance Blue replaced a Porsche

Hello folks, I'm 34 and live and work in the Raleigh NC area. I've had my new FiST for about a month now, and yes, it replaced a 2007 Porsche Cayman. So far, I've put the Cobb RMM on it, tinted the windows, replaced the stock intake with the Mountune induction kit, and moved the accelerator pedal with a Garageline pedal relocation kit. I've also, unfortunately, had it at the dealership service department twice already for problems from the factory. This car is my daily driver and will be used for track days until I buy a dedicated track/race car.

DvC

welcome. interesting decision to trade the porsche. what was the driver behind that? pics of both please :)

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
welcome. interesting decision to trade the porsche. what was the driver behind that? pics of both please :)
A number of different factors. Need for more cargo space, ability to take passengers on daytrips, cost and ease of modifications - but primarily, the FiST is a slow car that feels fast and fun to drive on the street. The Cayman was excellent on the track, but driving hard enough on the street to have fun with it would've gotten me arrested.

I've got a picture of the FiST, the Cayman, and several of my other previous cars on my Wheelwell garage.

DvC

A number of different factors. Need for more cargo space, ability to take passengers on daytrips, cost and ease of modifications - but primarily, the FiST is a slow car that feels fast and fun to drive on the street. The Cayman was excellent on the track, but driving hard enough on the street to have fun with it would've gotten me arrested.

I've got a picture of the FiST, the Cayman, and several of my other previous cars on my Wheelwell garage.
Very nice. and i understand the part not being able to drive hard on street which was sort of my choice for dropping my vette into something "lesser". did you cayman have a dsg/pdk or was it stick? i loved my vw with dsg, sometimes i wish the ST had it as well

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Very nice. and i understand the part not being able to drive hard on street which was sort of my choice for dropping my vette into something "lesser". did you cayman have a dsg/pdk or was it stick? i loved my vw with dsg, sometimes i wish the ST had it as well
A stick - I definitely want the involvement of a stickshift in my cars; although I'm depending on the Cobb reprogramming to deal with the rev-hang "feature", which the dealership has already declined to remove.

Welcome! You're about where I am on my mod list, I'll wave if I see you around town...

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
Welcome! You're about where I am on my mod list, I'll wave if I see you around town...
I've got a Dead Hook Motorsports crash bar + intercooler coming as well. Given the heat issues reported by a lot of tuners and by Ford Racing as well, I felt it was a reliability issues as much as a "MOAR POWAH" issue, and wanted it corrected before my first HPDE scheduled in November. Eventually I'll move on tune, exhaust, suspension, etc.

If I manage to see you, I'll wave back...

I've got a Dead Hook Motorsports crash bar + intercooler coming as well. Given the heat issues reported by a lot of tuners and by Ford Racing as well, I felt it was a reliability issues as much as a "MOAR POWAH" issue, and wanted it corrected before my first HPDE scheduled in November.
You may also want to look into an Oil Cooler as a lot of people are running into that issue even with an FMIC. I have braces coming in this week and am looking to pick up some sway bars, planning on getting my CBE and Intercoooler/Charge Pipes on a black friday sale and pro tuned for Christmas... then it's just wheels, tires, a big brake kit, and a tint in there somewhere and I'm 'done'.

[kidding][lovest][wrenchin]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Howdy, I notice you've got a helmet on in your profile pic - taking your Fiesta on the track? What events do you compete in?
Hiya

That Pic was from Last Year at the Milwaukee Brewers Stadium a AutoX event I do the local AutoX and High Speed Auto X as well as I try to make a few track days at Road America if it works out.. Mainly cone crushing though..

Attachments

OP
S
Thread Starter #16
Hiya

That Pic was from Last Year at the Milwaukee Brewers Stadium a AutoX event I do the local AutoX and High Speed Auto X as well as I try to make a few track days at Road America if it works out.. Mainly cone crushing though..
That's cool. I gave up on AutoX years ago, after my first track day revealed just how much seat time per dollar I could get.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Welcome !!
I'm not sure of anything in the fiesta's weight class that can punch like the fiesta, let alone stand a chance. Fits ? Sonic RS? I mean really? I put like 5-8 car lengths on a new 2.4L civic si coupe last weekend, lol. I've been within a car length from a new audi S4 (from a roll admittedly ). If the mustang wasn't such a huge stand out for its straightline speed, I'd be all over them too ( I mean, I think I'd crush a 2010 4.6L stang ). All of that and.... I don't love it for drag racing, I love the way it drives and is so much fun it the twisties.

Def a car greater than the sum of its parts.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
You may also want to look into an Oil Cooler as a lot of people are running into that issue even with an FMIC. I have braces coming in this week and am looking to pick up some sway bars, planning on getting my CBE and Intercoooler/Charge Pipes on a black friday sale and pro tuned for Christmas... then it's just wheels, tires, a big brake kit, and a tint in there somewhere and I'm 'done'.

[kidding][lovest][wrenchin]

Because Racecar is never done! dont lie to yourself. [driving]