Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST gas pedal paint coating falling apart?

FistSt215

I just noticed the other day that my gas pedal paint or coating is coming apart. Anyone else experiencing this problem? It's not a huge deal since it don't effect the driving but it looks horrible . I try to post some pics tomorrow on the way to work.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I just noticed the other day that my gas pedal paint or coating is coming apart. Anyone else experiencing this problem? It's not a huge deal since it don't effect the driving but it looks horrible . I try to post some pics tomorrow on the way to work.
Sounds like the clear protective plastic wrap (slight bluish tint) on the accelerator pedal wasn't removed after you purchased it...That's one of first things I did after I purchased mine was to peel it off...

OP
FistSt215

FistSt215

Thread Starter #3
Sounds like the clear protective plastic wrap (slight bluish tint) on the accelerator pedal wasn't removed after you purchased it...That's one of first things I did after I purchased mine was to peel it off...
Ahhh ok let me double check tomorrow morning .

That plastic film won't last long, its just meant to work long enough to load and unload the cars a few times on rail cars and trucks to prevent the pedals from getting scratched by the driver.

The dealer prep person left that film on when my car was prepped. Not a big deal. I also got the car with all 4 tires overinflated and the windshield full of hard to remove residue inside and out. The most troublesome thing though was the dried mud all over the carpets in front when I removed the OEM carpet mats to install rubber mats when the car was 2 days old. It eventually cleaned up ok with a Bissell hand held carpet cleaner, but sucked. I called the dealer and they called me back and told me their detailing guy admitted getting the carpets muddy and throwing the mats over them!! They asked me to bring it back to be cleaned. Yeah. Right. [hatchet]