Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recent VDyno graph on Stage 3 E40 custom tune:

2006ser

If nobody buys the Accessport I might just keep it not pay the house rent and have both lol

OP
C
Thread Starter #23
here's my modified razorlab e40 tune. only mods are airtec intercooler and cobb downpipe.

View attachment 6811
Koozy would love to get that tune so I can compare what I'm doing wrong on my end if you don't mind. Like Sourskittle mentioned above, he's been very gracious and has spent hours on phone and texting back and forth helping me out. I'm new too and learning the tuning system myself. And I appreciate the help and constructive criticism. My goal is to keep the highest torque possible and don't care much about the higher hp hence why I want to keep a stock turbo with faster spooling capabilities. It looks like you have figured out a lot of the issues I'm currently having with the throttle closing on me.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
What's up with you guys and this torque fetish? You realize you can't use 300+wtq without losing thousands of miles on your tires?

I mean having that much torque with a flatter curve is a good thing. But you guys torque just falls on its face immediately... It's pretty much only good for killing tires with that spike so low.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
39mpg. Holy shizzz. Now... That maybe the most impressive kind of tune I've seen, lol.
Is that so angry? I don't care how you got it, if you got 39mpg I'm impressed. Hyper-milling or tuning, really doesn't matter. Send me that tune and see if my mpg goes from 26-27mpg to 39mpg because of "improved efficiency". I only get 21mpg on E50 in the Summer, lol.

Seriously, you should be selling that to ford, totally being honest.

OP
C
Thread Starter #27
What's up with you guys and this torque fetish? You realize you can't use 300+wtq without losing thousands of miles on your tires?

I mean having that much torque with a flatter curve is a good thing. But you guys torque just falls on its face immediately... It's pretty much only good for killing tires with that spike so low.
Hijinx... if you dial back your tunes in 1'st,2'nd gear and let loose in 3'rd you only feel the 300+lbs of torque in higher gears. This is what I'm aiming for and looks like what Koozy is as well. Plus I would rather have more power at lower speeds and off lights, corners to keep my license and limit those nasty speeding tickets.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Is that so angry? I don't care how you got it, if you got 39mpg I'm impressed. Hyper-milling or tuning, really doesn't matter. Send me that tune and see if my mpg goes from 26-27mpg to 39mpg because of "improved efficiency". I only get 21mpg on E50 in the Summer, lol.

The more you post, the more confused I am that people trust you to make changes to their ECU.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The more you post, the more confused I am that people trust you to make changes to their ECU.
If people didn't ask me directly, I wouldn't do it. Anyone that has ever bought anything from me will testify that I tell them to seek a pro-tuner, I don't ask them if I can tune their car for free, and I've never asked for a single dime for tuning.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Koozy would love to get that tune so I can compare what I'm doing wrong on my end if you don't mind. Like Sourskittle mentioned above, he's been very gracious and has spent hours on phone and texting back and forth helping me out. I'm new too and learning the tuning system myself. And I appreciate the help and constructive criticism. My goal is to keep the highest torque possible and don't care much about the higher hp hence why I want to keep a stock turbo with faster spooling capabilities. It looks like you have figured out a lot of the issues I'm currently having with the throttle closing on me.
no problem. I don't mind sharing, I'm still learning and most with Accesstuner would agree that this takes time as there are lots of things to learn. It'd be great if more people would share their knowledge. I've moved beyond that tune in the graph, but I want to give you that tune since that's what you see in the graph, that way you can compare. it's not perfect and you'll notice there some work left to fine tune with the borderline timing as I was using global timing to get me in the ball park with map switching. Anyhow in the spirit of collaboration here it is for anyone to use, break apart, etc. Use at your own risk.... if you do use it post up your Vdyno.

OP
C
Thread Starter #31
no problem. I don't mind sharing, I'm still learning and most with Accesstuner would agree that this takes time as there are lots of things to learn. It'd be great if more people would share their knowledge. I've moved beyond that tune in the graph, but I want to give you that tune since that's what you see in the graph, that way you can compare. it's not perfect and you'll notice there some work left to fine tune with the borderline timing as I was using global timing to get me in the ball park with map switching. Anyhow in the spirit of collaboration here it is for anyone to use, break apart, etc. Use at your own risk.... if you do use it post up your Vdyno.
Will do... Contrary to what some others have said around here, sourskittles is one of those that also loves to help and in the spirit of community and has been humble enough to tell me what he knows and does not know. So I know he will appreciate this too and I will have to compare notes to what we have been trying to accomplish with razor's map. I will get some Vdyno stuff up as soon as I get home after I try it out. Again Thanks a bunch! Super cool!

dyn085

2000 Post Club
That was my hope when I started up my tuning thread. Unfortunately, not many others wanted to actually participate in it (aside from you, actually) and it finally became just me. Then I started prepping to move.

39 Is pretty good, but I was able to average 38mpg on a Cobb OTS tune with the stock turbo (albeit it was a pretty boring drive) so I don't think its crazy results. With a bigger turbo I was able to get 42.5mpg driving the same way (Panda tune at the time), bigger turbo does make it easier because you are not boosting so easy.

koozy

3000 Post Club
That was my hope when I started up my tuning thread. Unfortunately, not many others wanted to actually participate in it (aside from you, actually) and it finally became just me. Then I started prepping to move.
thanks, but I'm nowhere near others as yourself. It seems that the FiST user base who are apt to tune their own cars is small and those willing to share even smaller. Some may disagree, but IMO we in the FiST community lost big time when razorlab was ousted.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
thanks, but I'm nowhere near others as yourself. It seems that the FiST user base who are apt to tune their own cars is small and those willing to share even smaller. Some may disagree, but IMO we in the FiST community lost big time when razorlab was ousted.
No disagreement whatsoever.

OP
C
Thread Starter #36
koozy is this the map you were getting your vdyno graph from? I installed the same tune and I'm getting only about 280lbs of torque peak nowhere near your graphs 340lbs. I also did side by side comparison on your maps torque -> load and load -> torque tables and they are almost identical to razors original map he uploaded here with the exception of a couple fields. Do you have the map that you used to generate the VDyno you displayed earlier?

koozy

3000 Post Club
koozy is this the map you were getting your vdyno graph from? I installed the same tune and I'm getting only about 280lbs of torque peak nowhere near your graphs 340lbs. I also did side by side comparison on your maps torque -> load and load -> torque tables and they are almost identical to razors original map he uploaded here with the exception of a couple fields. Do you have the map that you used to generate the VDyno you displayed earlier?
here's the map, it's switchable on the fly. slot 1 = e10, slot 2 = e20, slot 3 = e30, slot 4 = e40.

Siestarider

Razor's legacy lives and grows here, haunts whoever ran him off, and I know he is alive and well because I look him up now and then.

Thanks CC and Koz, good discussion, and trying different things always fun.

I just downloaded Razor tune, have E85 in garage ready for tuning, so I will try the E30 map with my mods and post what I find. Currently Cobb S3 around 200 whp on 93 oct.

I was really hoping I would not have to learn ATR. But it appears inevitable

I have followed the threads, it takes lot of time an lots of logs to discuss competently much less use proficiently. Methinks SS doth protest too much.

MPA

I think I'm going to take the plunge and attempt self tuning - I want the AccessPort software so that I can setup the switchable tunes, and if I'm buying it, I may as well learn how to tune :)