Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

3D Carbon spoiler vs. Mountune spoiler extensions

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
3D kinda reminds me of the Gurney Flap I looked at when i had my GT
I'm kinda liking it too ...

Or maybe it was the Cervinis Duck tail...

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
If I were to get the extension I would probably have them hydro dipped or carbon fiber wrapped. Then I might do the same wrap on the hood too.

C. love

The 3d one looks pretty close to stock so whats the point? The extensions i like but color matching is a must. I love the WRC one but for me to run it my car would need 350 wheel HP with a wastegate that sounded like a rouge band of pissed off hyenas.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Damn I really like the mountune winglets but cant justify paying $300 for that especially if its not carbin fiber.

The 3D carbon option would be the one I choose. I've had 3D Carbon parts on my Mustang, they fit absolutely 100% fantastic. All of 3D Carbon parts are made IN HOUSE around the Newport Beach area in Southern California. Everything is R&D in house and manufactured in house as well. Can't speak about the other spoiler, but what I can say is that it looks a bit too flashy, there's a lot going on. The 3D Carbon one in my eyes is way more clean, it flows with the car a hell of a lot better:

3dCarbon 2011-14 Ford Fiesta ST Rally Style Spoiler Extension <<< Click here for more info!

Hope that helps!

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I have to agree.
After seeing the Mountune extensions in person, I am seriously considering the Rally Style spoiler extension.

3d Carbon's splitter for '14 Fiesta looks amazing too, but they state it doesn't fit ST models - Dave seems to think it'll fit ST anyways... tempted to order one and find out for myself.

Cheers,
Nick

the duke

Hmm... I really wish they had published data on any effectiveness. Still, I'd be inclined to grab them anyways...

I definitely like the 3D Carbon Spoiler better... the extensions just look strange to me, almost like an afterthought. Meh...