Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jalopnik 2016 FiST Buyer's Guide

Saw this went up a couple days ago. Nothing earth shattering but mostly the usual stuff we all know about why this car is awesome in case any potential buyers needed some extra convincing. The first sentence says it all: "The Fiesta ST is about the most fun you can have in a car the size of a washing machine box."

http://buyersguide.jalopnik.com/ford-fiesta-st-the-ultimate-buyers-guide-1730459994

Saw this went up a couple days ago. Nothing earth shattering but mostly the usual stuff we all know about why this car is awesome in case any potential buyers needed some extra convincing. The first sentence says it all: "The Fiesta ST is about the most fun you can have in a car the size of a washing machine box."

http://buyersguide.jalopnik.com/ford-fiesta-st-the-ultimate-buyers-guide-1730459994
Taken from the article:

Our conclusion every time is the same: This car is the tits.

I LOL'd.

TheStig

Jalop loves the FiST which is nothing new, everyone loves it.

Ive never read an article that dislikes it, there are things that bug us or that arent perfect. But the experience over-rides everything else. We know we are toasting rotors, we know it doesnt have limited slip, we know the factory turbo runs out of steam at him RPM. None of this matters when you find a nice twisty patch of asphalt.

People that sell them usually its because they want more power or it doesnt suit them, never has it been that it was a bad car or no-fun to drive.

The people who end up selling their FiST were perfectly alluded to in the article:

....Sure, it?s not enough power to propel it to 60 mph in three seconds, but if you?re racing this at stoplights you?re missing the point.

If it?s more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow, this is the fastest slow car you can buy. The Fiesta ST is a car you can fling around corners with abandon and still stay within the limits of the car and the law.
Possibly one of the most succinct description of the car that I've read.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
The people who end up selling their FiST were perfectly alluded to in the article:

....Sure, it?s not enough power to propel it to 60 mph in three seconds, but if you?re racing this at stoplights you?re missing the point...

If it?s more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow, this is the fastest slow car you can buy. The Fiesta ST is a car you can fling around corners with abandon and still stay within the limits of the car and the law.
Possibly one of the most succinct description of the car that I've read.

Etyrnus

It's true for the FiST, and it was the same for the bike I had. More fun pushing something slower to its limits than to have something you can't use without being insane or on a track.

TheStig

It's true for the FiST, and it was the same for the bike I had. More fun pushing something slower to its limits than to have something you can't use without being insane or on a track.
That is why i want a Honda Grom, 125CC's of full throttle everywhere no-fucks-given power.

"We’re passing on the Recaro Package" - Rookie move, The Recaros are the shit.

"All in, we’d be paying the base $20,970 plus $595 for the orange paint, racing stripes for $495, and a $875 destination fee. That puts us at $22,935." - You can do much better with a little negotiation. I paid $22K w/recaros, sunroof, and nav.

"Also option are black 17-inch wheels" - Is this true, or are they talking about grey? Black wheels would look sweet!

Etyrnus

That is why i want a Honda Grom, 125CC's of full throttle everywhere no-fucks-given power.
I started on a Hyosung 250R, and ripping down the highway on a 250cc v-twin at 9500 rpm with a 11k redline was a thrill. Then I graduated to a Kawasaki ER-6n, 650cc parallel twin, still 11k redline, but a little faster. If I was looking today, I'd probably go for the Kawi or Honda 300s

TheStig

I started on a Hyosung 250R, and ripping down the highway on a 250cc v-twin at 9500 rpm with a 11k redline was a thrill. Then I graduated to a Kawasaki ER-6n, 650cc parallel twin, still 11k redline, but a little faster. If I was looking today, I'd probably go for the Kawi or Honda 300s
Im fond of the Kawi 650R, the parallel twin machine. It has such a bad ass exhaust note with an aftermarket pipe.

Etyrnus

Im fond of the Kawi 650R, the parallel twin machine. It has such a bad ass exhaust note with an aftermarket pipe.
I have the Leo Vince GP style can on mine, had one friend state it sounded like a pissed off WRX. Another told me after I passed him on the highway he thought he was getting buzz bombed by a WW2 dive bomber.

"Also option are black 17-inch wheels" - Is this true, or are they talking about grey? Black wheels would look sweet!
Grey is standard on the 2016 and black is the optional. Silver is gone. I personally don't like it, the black wheels are darker than the tires and you really cant see what the wheels look like that well.

See pictures: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...anges-or-Specs?p=112595&viewfull=1#post112595

OP
J
Thread Starter #13
"We’re passing on the Recaro Package" - Rookie move, The Recaros are the shit.
Most reviewers have hated them actually. Could just be that they need breaking in, but there you have it. Most people who buy them swear by them, but hard to know how much of that is due to actual quality/comfort and how much is due to rationalizing your purchase after the fact. I personally didn't get them because I don't need that much bolstering for a daily driver for an extra $2000, but obviously YMMV, especially if you are tracking it regularly.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
If I would have only had the seats for a one or two week test then I would hate them as well. In fact, I would have never bought my FiST had my FoST seats not broken in around the end of week three. It just so happens that the third Friday of driving it I fell in love with them; Saturday I went and traded my other daily in.

I was looking for a base car originally...it was overwhelming the amount of people that liked them vs the ones who didn't on here. I bought the car without a test-drive, unseen from another state. On the ride home I was not sure if I liked them but after almost 1k miles they have broken in a lot. Glad I got them in the end.

I bought the car for the Recaros. Well not entirely, but the seats were a big part of it. I understand that some people do not like big bolstered seats, but for me coming from Porsche GT3RS replicas in my last car, these are perfect. And anyone that thinks they are overpriced has clearly never purchased legitimate reclining aftermarket seats, these are a bargain in comparison and offer height adjustability, heating elements, and side air bag integration. Not to mention you get a nicely upholstered back seat and the heated side mirrors tossed in for free. Sure, an absolute bare bones set of non-reclining seats might be a little cheaper, but you miss out on a LOT.

exime

Seems like a good buy. For $2,000 more you get leather seats with heated mirrors and heated seats. Both great features for the cold winters. Maybe jalopnik is from a year round warm climate in which maybe those extra features didn't factor their decision.

Seems like a good buy. For $2,000 more you get leather seats with heated mirrors and heated seats. Both great features for the cold winters. Maybe jalopnik is from a year round warm climate in which maybe those extra features didn't factor their decision.
I could go without both features myself living in Texas, but the Recaros were a must so I might as well use the features they come with when it gets cold.