Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance Cat Back Exhaust Review

I bought Cobbs cat back along time ago. A few weeks after I got my fist last year lol. If MAP was around when I ordered my COBB. I would of bought this one, But COBB is GREAT! I am POSITIVE! MAPS is going to be as good, or better. Great choice! Cant wait to hear the review on it!

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #23
J2Fist - Can't wait for your review on our intercooler when you get it ;)
Well after I install your exhaust tomorrow along with a few other parts laying around (OCC, Short shift, evap plate) I won't have anything to do for a few weekends, so get it finished, throw it in a box with some charge pipes and fire it my way!

Looking damn sexy though I'm very pleased with the aesthetics of it. Can't wait to see your data and to see it at my door!

MPA

you have great patience - I'd have installed that CBE already one night after work :D

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #25
you have great patience - I'd have installed that CBE already one night after work :D
I'm in the military currently posted away from home on course, basically living out of a hotel room till December. Don't really have a spot or the tools to do it there without paying a shop and my days are 730am-730pm most of the time. Drove 2.5 hours home last night so I can do the install. Getting started in 2 hours!

Stand by!

MPA

well that's definitely a valid reason then. Can't wait to hear your thoughts, because I'm probably buying one :D

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #27
INSTALLED REVIEW!

Hey guys, sorry I couldnt get the follow up done till this morning, had a busy day yesterday!

Firstly, everything went extremely smooth with my install. Total install time was 49 minutes start to finish using a lift. I think a few things need to reiterated first.

THE WELDS. Oh man. This thing is a thing of beauty. My brother is a mechanic, I did the install at his work, and once we took this thing out of the back of my car, there was 5 other mechanics drooling over it. They INSISTED this was welded robotically, and i assured them over and over it was a human fabricator who did the assembly. They all took pics of their own to show buddies. About 15 minutes later, 3 guys showed up from the body shop next door to see it in person as one of them got texted the pics. After some arguing that it was indeed a human, I was finally able to start the install. So props to MAP on their weld work.

Second! The fitment is unreal. I literally adjusted nothing, put everything up there loosely, looked good, tightened all and boom was mint. My brother and the guys were shocked at the exact fitment and all bends perfectly following the heat sheild's first try. The sleeve joints are amazing, a great product, zero leaks as tested after and crazy fast install.

Also, all of them were impressed by a simple little thing i failed to mention in my first post, and that's the addition of the set screw on the final muffler hangar to ensure perfect fitment.

I took many photos, ill be uploading all of them to my build page once i create that, but i figured id add only the ones i think you care about here, as well as 3 videos i took. Be sure to check out the videos!

Under car shots and video. As you can see, the quality and fitment is excellent, and this thing looks absolutely perfect following the stock lines of the car.

Undercarriage Installed Video overview:

[video] https://youtu.be/4_xX2iziub8[/video]

Installed and tip placement shots. Rear low, rear high, angled side/rear, side, and one from above bumper looking down showing they do not stick out crazy far.

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Installed sound clip: Off to start up, Idle, Slow rev climb to 3000 RPM, Quick rev 3000 RPM, Consecutive revs 3500/4500/5500 RPM, Idle to Off.

[video]https://youtu.be/Snczc6iCSZc[/video]

I LOVE the sound. It sounds amazing. Not to obnoxious driving around, but nice and throaty and powerful under load. You can drive around in town 4th gear and basically not even hear it if you dont wanna bother neighbours or its late. 1st, 2nd and 3rd get all the heads turning to see whats coming. Absolutely LOVE the sound.

And, this video, which was very important to me. Highway cruising 120km/h (75mph) in cabin. Absoltely nothing heard. PERFECT.

[video]https://youtu.be/4jvWYXHUvCs[/video]

So ya, everyone has their own judgments and opinions. Im 100% satisfied with my MAP CBE. I wouldn't want any other now. The quality is amazing, the fitment was absolutely perfect, and the sound is sexy and addicting. The good ol butt dyno loves it too. VROOM.

Enjoy! Any questions or want other pics or vids just ask and ill try to get em!

Thanks again to Adam and props to MAPerformance and their amazing quality exhaust.

Purchase yours here!
http://www.maperformance.com/map-cat-back-exhaust-2014-ford-fiesta-st-fist-cbe.html

maperformance

AWESOME review, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to take pictures and compile it all together, videos too! I appreciate it big time!

You can purchase your exhaust here: http://www.maperformance.com/map-cat-back-exhaust-2014-ford-fiesta-st-fist-cbe.html

[MENTION=3329]j2FiST[/MENTION] can you do a quick review on the link above as well. Doesn't have to be as long ;)

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #29

FistSt215

Damn 555 miles till E holy shit .

This exhaust sounds good , def up to par with Cobb tone . Also 50 dollars cheaper . It's def between MAP or Cobb tbe when I have the extra monies next spring/summer

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Damn 555 miles till E holy shit .

This exhaust sounds good , def up to par with Cobb tone . Also 50 dollars cheaper . It's def between MAP or Cobb tbe when I have the extra monies next spring/summer
555 miles to E is simply an indicator of a reflash.

Edit: I watched the video and noticed that it's km to E, which comes out to about 333 miles. Low, but normal.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I've always thought MAPs build quality was great. If it shows through in pics it has to be awesome in person.... However, we all know why I'm here. I'm interested in the gains.

MPA

I've always thought MAPs build quality was great. If it shows through in pics it has to be awesome in person.... However, we all know why I'm here. I'm interested in the gains.
That's what I'm interested in too. [MENTION=3329]j2FiST[/MENTION] did you notice any gains in power?

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #37
When you add an exhaust it's hard to discern between the new sounds and grumble your feeling and hearing and sensing vs the actual performance gain. I did do some hard pulls in 2nd and 3rd after and the butt dyno would say there are definitely gains, but obviously I can only speculate as to how much. It definitly feels like it pulls stronger. I've asked a few people to explain to me how to properly data log in order to upload to vDyno just for kicks to see if there's any gains that way, though I know vDyno is also up for debate as to its reliability. No one has gotten back to me yet.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
When you add an exhaust it's hard to discern between the new sounds and grumble your feeling and hearing and sensing vs the actual performance gain. I did do some hard pulls in 2nd and 3rd after and the butt dyno would say there are definitely gains, but obviously I can only speculate as to how much. It definitly feels like it pulls stronger. I've asked a few people to explain to me how to properly data log in order to upload to vDyno just for kicks to see if there's any gains that way, though I know vDyno is also up for debate as to its reliability. No one has gotten back to me yet.
I'm pretty sure I sent you the link to THEE vDyno/datalogging thread.

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #39
I'm pretty sure I sent you the link to THEE vDyno/datalogging thread.
Sorted now thanks. Will post vDyno by end of the week if I'm smart enough to do it for those who are into that kinda thang.