Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance Cat Back Exhaust Review

maperformance

Still loving mine. I don't experience any drone as mentioned above now with over 5000km (not to mention a dirty Canadian winter) on my MAP CBE. I drive alot of highway and never have issues. It burbles and pops nicely downshifting into second or coming off the gas. Love hearing the echo of it burbling off the walls when driving downtown in low gear. I checked it out this week under the car while doing my oil and it hasn't moved at all and no leaks. Clamps still doing their job and the welds still looking sexy. Can't wait for warmer weather so I can pop the sunroof and windows down so I can hear it purr better!
So happy to hear of your experience and I am very proud of the product! Thank you for sharing!

Regards
Adam

FistSt215

I know this is off topic but how come there's no sound clips for MPx TBE for the FosT? It's a great price and that's something I might be interested in if I move up to the FosT for bigger car .

I've been running the MAP CBE for a while and just realized today the bumper area around the right side (looking from behind) exhaust tip is melting. You can only see this with the car jacked up and upon close inspection, but wondering if this is normal. I am running the stock hangers. Will upgraded ones separate the tips farther from the bumper lip?

Hangers will stop them from moving, which I would get regardless because it has too much play with the stock hangers. Now, you can buy COBB hangers or other firmer ones, but it will still be in the same place. What you can do is either look for longer hangers or just use a wrench with the closed end and bend your hangers slightly. That's what I did and it worked out great.

MPA

14,200 miles on mine and still love it. I'm still running the stock hangers, and have not experienced any of the issues.

After another day at Laguna Seca I'll have to look into swapping the stock hangers as the passenger side tip has burnt through that side of the bumper. Can't see it unless you look from below, but clearly too much hanger play for the track.

Please forgive my ignorance here. But I've only owned my '16 FiST for two weeks and have just been looking through some upgrade options which, for me, would be many months away. But I've known of MAP's quality for a long time and am trying to do some due diligence on upgrades.

Anyway, my question is about installation. It seems some competitors' CBEs require a cutting of the exhaust (midpipe?). And from what I can see in the pics, MAP has a flange for meeting what I think may be the downpipe. Can anyone address this seeming huge difference for me? If the flange connection mates to the OEM, that would seem to be a huge selling point over using a sawzall IMHO!

Thanks!

TUX15ST

The stock catback needs to be cutout regardless of what brand you choose, and all brands have a flange that connects their catback to the downpipe

jeff

2000 Post Club
The stock catback needs to be cutout regardless of what brand you choose, and all brands have a flange that connects their catback to the downpipe
Cut it in one of the straight sections and watch out for the gas tank when cutting. If you cut it in one of the straight sections, it will be very easy to reinstall it using a $10 exhaust splice from Autozone and then you can sell your exhaust and recoup a few hundred dollars whenever you sell the Fiesta.

I take it the OEM exhaust has to be cut because it can't be removed without cutting, then? Again, sorry for the off-topic.

I take it the OEM exhaust has to be cut because it can't be removed without cutting, then? Again, sorry for the off-topic.
I believe the rear suspension can be dropped and the OEM exhaust can in fact be removed in whole, but cutting it would probably be easiest.

I cut my stock one. Borrowed chain cutter from Autozone.

I would suggest you look into getting exhaust hangers. I had at least 1/2 inch clearance when installed, but over time it got close enough to the bumper that it burnt a whole in it, so just ordered some universal hangers that have multiple positions to make sure the there is ample clearance. Cobb or other hangers may work, but the stock ones don't hold up to track use.

Could any one explain why in the MAP website says:
Disclaimer: This product is intended for off road use only. (?)

I’m new in the FiST World so I’m trying to beat the option for me, but I’m not sure between the MAP and FSWERKS (?)

I don’t want any drone since i will be unable to request warranty. I’m located overseas.

I’m new in the FiST World so I’m trying to beat the option for me, but I’m not sure between the MAP and FSWERKS (?)

I don’t want any drone since i will be unable to request warranty. I’m located overseas.
I have a thermal r&d exhaust and love it. Has no drone.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club

Fswerks exhaust has no drone whatsoever. I have had 3 of their exhaust systems on three different cars. The one they make for the Fiesta ST has no drone.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk