Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Damond Motorsports Fiesta ST Oil Catch Can kits

Trader history for Damond Motorsports (0)

Definitely a nice set-up. I've had it on the car for the 5000 miles. Opened the valve and drained it during an oil change. Easiest OCC I've ever used.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is the drain valve easy to reach from under the car??

Does the front/side of the car have to be jacked up in order to access the drain valve, or can it be done on the ground in any way??

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It is easily reached from under the hood........no need to jack car to empty OCC.
How do you get underneath it to put a bottle, or whatever, under the drain valve/attached hose to catch the oil?

It looks VERY tight back there in those pics, but IF it is not, then you'll have to excuse me since I don't have a car yet to be able to go out and look at the area involved, like everyone else can. :(

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The drain hose is run to right behind the passenger wheel well. Just put a cup under and open the valve from under the hood. I have no problems getting to the valve to open and close as it is a 1/4 turn type so all you need is one finger to do it! ScreenHunter_82 Jun. 20 19.12.jpg

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The procedure is quicker than explaining it. Lay on ground and put cup under hose about 1 foot under car, pop hood, open valve. I drain for about 10 minutes to let it drip dry. Close valve, pick up cup and smile at all the oil you kept off your valves! Really is that simple.

Good choice on your car.......the stock seats are great for me, just did a 4000 mile trip in 8 days. My only options were paint and Moonroof.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I had a Moroso air oil separator on my Z28, mounted right up front by the battery on the passenger side, and that could be drained without even getting on the ground at all, since I had room to reach down to the floor through the space in front of the water pump to place, and then pick up the bottle I used to drain the hose with. :)

This sounds just about as easy! [thumb] [cool]

On the FiST; yes, I did not even want the weight of a moonroof on this car, so I had to order one in (ALL of the dealers around here only seem to order FULLY loaded BLACK cars, I guess they think that is all they can sell in these?).

IF I could have ordered it without the; Sync 3 touchscreen, power windows and locks, and cruise control, I would have deleted those items as well!

The simpler and lighter, the better for me, as I could not give a crap about luxury/convenience items, and least of all, tech gadget 'connectivity'.

I do plan on eventually installing some lighter (if possible), better holding/racing type seats in the future, but I REFUSE to give Recaro one more penny of my money, given the way they treated me/ripped me off in the past with their inferior product! [nono]

xxiaze

So in these lovely MS paint drawings, that I am quite proud of, here's how the system operates under boost and vacuum. You'll have to imagine the VTA filter in place, as I didn't get any photos of the kit on our test car of it in place.

here's what the colors represent:

Green is vacuum flow, when the manifold is under vacuum
Red is boost flow, when the manifold is under boost
Yellow is crankcase pressure under boost
Orange circle is an open checkvalve
Orange X is a closed checkvalve

Vacuum:
Under vacuum the main checkvalve is open, and the manifold vacuum is pulling a vacuum on the crankcase. The VTA valve is closed, not allowing any un-metered air in.

Boost:
Under boost the boost from the manifold makes its way to the checkvalve where the valve is now closed and preventing boost into the OCC system. The pressure from the crankcase cracks open the PCV valve, makes it's way to the OCC and is then vented by the VTA valve which opens from the pressure as well. Total cracking pressure needed to open the PCV valve and the VTA valve is less than 0.5psi. It was hard to get a decent reading on this, as my gauge reads in incriminates of 1psi up to 60psi, but I barely got the needle to wiggle under the bottom mark.

Incredibly helpful! I just purchased the VTA kit and check valve from you and have been curious how the VTA still works with PCV still in place. I see youā€™re helpful everywhere you go, good ass dude! Thank you sir!

I just installed mine today and Iā€™m happy so far. Itā€™s nice to finally have some color in the bay! I went with the higher mounting hole for the bracket which moves the can lower, assuming I needed that space for the VTA filter. Itā€™s more stealth for sure, almost think I could have got away with the higher mounting location.

A couple tips on the install. IMO the directions should call for a 10mm spanner wrench, not a socket. Thereā€™s no room for a socket between the can and the mounting stud. Also youā€™ll need a 13mm or 14mm wrench or deep socket to install the plastic hose barb at the bottom of the can underneath the drain valve.
848D0EEB-A4A7-42E8-95C6-84B683A3A7C1.jpeg FDF90412-F7B4-49A6-821A-03D809F78164.jpeg 47D593B9-B990-4514-AFCF-D8D79B1E5FD5.jpeg B2DA537F-9EE3-4FD5-A2B9-0E88B63D3971.jpeg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I may try to route my drain hose that same way, into that brace, instead of looping it up out of the way, and then having to fish it out every time I use the drain. [:)] [thumb]

I just installed this OCC. Is it a PITA to open the drain valve? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Maybe my hands are just too big lol.