Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people purchased the extended warranty?

How many people purchased the extended warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 115 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 160 52.5%
  • May purchase before warranty expires

Votes: 30 9.8%

• Total voters
You can cancel it within 30 days (I read the fine print on the back), the Finance guy jacked up the price for a shorter warranty than what I found online. So I cancelled it and got a longer one (7 years 100k vs 5yr-75k) for almost 1500$ less plus its 0$ deductable. I plan on getting a mountune kit if i ever go mod crazy but i tend to keep my cars pretty stock and for long periods (10+ years).

I said no on the extended warranty, but you still have the option to purchase it while the car is under the 3year/36000 warranty. So if I end up doing a bunch of warranty work in those first few years, and the car looks like its going to have problems, I might buy it.

The dealer I bought mine from also offers a lifetime powertrain warranty provided you perform all service at their dealership. I'll take it there for the first few services and see how hard they try to screw me, but if it's basically just spending another 10-20% for standard maintenance, I might keep it up. The first time they tell me that new brake pads are $200+, will be the end of that. lol

The dealership also doesn't carry Michelin A/S3's, so hopefully I can buy tires online and bring them in for installation.

Didn't get the warranty, hopefully everything will be ok. My car had 50 miles on it when I bought it. Hoping it wasn't flogged when cold and abused by employees and test drives. Paranoia!

I sure ended up getting the extended warranty. It was only like 17-20 bux more a month... I hope its not a waste of money [unbelieveable]

I went extended as well. MP215 + exhaust + short shift + wheels + tires is enough performance for me. ill probably reach 70k miles in a little over 3 years, at which point i will get power/mod hungry or hope that there is a sicker hot hatch available!

OP
Harvick

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
I went extended as well. MP215 + exhaust + short shift + wheels + tires is enough performance for me. ill probably reach 70k miles in a little over 3 years, at which point i will get power/mod hungry or hope that there is a sicker hot hatch available!
How much did your dealer charge you for the MP215 + exhaust + short shift? Curious to know what the breakdown cost it.

Sorry i implied a lot of things in that post haha. I'm in the US so i don't have the MP215 yet.

But i was planning ahead, knowing that i could retain my factory warranty with this tuning kit and that none of those other mods would void my warranty.

Although to answer your question, i think the MP215 is gonna come in around 1300USD + labor? Its pricey but i think its worth it for warrantied power. Short shift was 250, i got a custom exhaust in the plans that should run 3-400.

I bought a warranty to help me keep the car stock. I have enough hobbies leeching my funds, don't need the DD added to the list.

I purchased the extended warranty. They knocked it down to $1000 and dropped my APR 1% since I decided to get it. My payment only increased $5 a month after it.

I purchased extra warranty, I'm not planning to add any engine mods. Been there done that wasted thousands of $ on cars, much older and wiser now lol. The most I will do is cosmetic, wheels etc nothing to major. It's a fun enough car as is I reckon.

I bought a warranty to help me keep the car stock. I have enough hobbies leeching my funds, don't need the DD added to the list.
I purchased the extended warranty. They knocked it down to $1000 and dropped my APR 1% since I decided to get it. My payment only increased $5 a month after it.
Same stories here. This is my first 'new to the world, not just new to me' car, and honestly, my credit isn't all that good. Purchase of the car is helping with the credit issue. Finance tagged on an additional $1000 to my tradein, took $750 off the warranty, and the bank dropped my APR by 2% after agreeing to the extended warranty. I don't see myself selling the car anytime soon, and the warranty expiry coincides more with my expected payoff, so there's that too.

I did. I'm putting the car through it's paces so I figured this was a wise investment.

I bumped up the warranty to 100k and lowered the price drastically (with same deductible). Then had that rolled into the 0% financing. win all around

I did. I'm putting the car through it's paces so I figured this was a wise investment.

I bumped up the warranty to 100k and lowered the price drastically (with same deductible). Then had that rolled into the 0% financing. win all around
Very nice!!!

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club

Same. 0% financing included my warranty for 100k.

My mods are going to stay tame - this thing is fun enough as is and I've already got toys with no warranty to break and spend money on. This is my grocery getter.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I actually have wear items covered in my warranty so brake pads and rotors including the labor are freeeeeeeeee.

I did, but I plan on holding onto this car for a *long* while. It's also my first brand new car, and having ripped through quite a few used cars of questionable quality I decided not to count on my luck...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I did, but I plan on holding onto this car for a *long* while. It's also my first brand new car, and having ripped through quite a few used cars of questionable quality I decided not to count on my luck...
That's what I said about my last car. And the one before that...and the one before that...and the one before that one..bef... You get my point. Only people I know that can keep a car are the type that don't care to mod.

I definitely get that!

So far, I'm just excited over the car itself, without much of a desire to go crazy modding it. Once I put some distance between this car and my last though, who knows!

I bought it.... then a day later when in a cancelled it....

You can do this if you change your mind within 30 days or so maybe longer......