Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people purchased the extended warranty?

How many people purchased the extended warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 115 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 160 52.5%
  • May purchase before warranty expires

Votes: 30 9.8%

• Total voters
I have never purchased an extended warranty until I got this car they werent pushy and I wouldnt have got it but my dealership offered up a 48 month maintenence program where I dont even have to put windshield wiper fluid... brakes oil change everything is covered.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I always get the ESP warranty.
Things just cost too much to fix nowadays.

Besides it is transferable to a new owner or if you trade the car in you can get cash back.

Dave

iso100

1000 Post Club
If I hadn't purchased the extended warranty I have right now I would be paying for the rental car I'm driving while my ST is getting the transmission replaced.

I'm floored they don't cover rental vehicles when the car needs major repair while under the factory warranty.

I bought extended warranty and the maintenance package on my FiST.

Warranty : 5yr/150000kms
Maintenance 4yr/150000kms

Basically everything butbtires are covered for 150,000kms.

I'm curious however, if I take my car to the track and beat on her for 4 hours and something fails shortly after the fact. Can ford find out I was using the car outside of its intended use and void/neglect to repair said damaged part?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I bought extended warranty and the maintenance package on my FiST.

Warranty : 5yr/150000kms
Maintenance 4yr/150000kms

Basically everything butbtires are covered for 150,000kms.

I'm curious however, if I take my car to the track and beat on her for 4 hours and something fails shortly after the fact. Can ford find out I was using the car outside of its intended use and void/neglect to repair said damaged part?
Long story, short yes. If they want to pull apart the engine.

Long story, short yes. If they want to pull apart the engine.
okay. thanks for the reply. I went anyway, haven't even made my first payment yet, lol. had the time of my life. nothing went wrong, car feels the same if not smoother from the major work in.

if the engine and tranny do not fail, then odds are in my favor that the warranty will hold true.

I almost got the warranty for free.

The business manager filled out the warranty paperwork thinking I had purchased it and I was maybe 3 signatures away from having the warranty for free and walking out the door with the keys. Haha. I didn't intend to get it in the first place, but I am always willing to scam the stealership out of their own money so I just sat there quietly until she realized her mistake.

I almost got the warranty for free.

The business manager filled out the warranty paperwork thinking I had purchased it and I was maybe 3 signatures away from having the warranty for free and walking out the door with the keys. Haha. I didn't intend to get it in the first place, but I am always willing to scam the stealership out of their own money so I just sat there quietly until she realized her mistake.
damn. so close.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I knew my 3/36 was going to be voided within the first month... I got the car, the car only, and 0% financing.
And $4700 on my 03' G35 coupe with 116k miles and No AC.

Financially for the next 5 years, I won't be able to take big hits, So it made since to me to get the Ford ESP Extended warranty. But I come from a ford family. We have an rx-8 (ford owned mazda for a bit), Lincoln MKZ hybrid, Lincoln Navigator, Escape hybrid. All of these vehicles had FORD extended warranty, and all of them have had enough work done to more than pay for the warranty. Do you know what electronic running boards cost on a Navigator, and then a new air ride suspension? How about a hybrid cooling system replacement on an escape, then 3 times, new abs ring sensors and axle hubs? Yah, ford may build cars, but not sure on quality. A whole new engine in the RX-8. All of these items malfunctioned way past the standard warranty.

We had a 99 Honda CR-V and all we ever did was replace spark plugs, timing belt, brake pads and rotors, all regular maintenance items. That was it. sold @ 190k odo.

I hope, with the engine and transmission being built in Germany, I won't have to worry about these items. Now if the body and suspension hold up for 10 years, that would be fantastic!

I got the extended warranty. At first they were asking $1,700. Got them down to $750 and they lowered my APR 1%. Definitely a win win....for me.

i got the 60k from ford, powertrain, 36k b2b, 60k roadside, and the dealership threw in a "free" lifetime powertrain warranty. im content. already spoke with the service manager and theyre cool with mods too. ;)

As a general rule I never go for extended warranties on anything I buy, be it a TV car or what ever. They are a cash cow for the seller. Any major vehicle failures are likely to happen within the regular warranty period. I also say no to security etching, nitrogen tire fill (now that is a major cash cow), fabric protection and under coating as well.

k757

As a general rule I never go for extended warranties on anything I buy, be it a TV car or what ever. They are a cash cow for the seller. Any major vehicle failures are likely to happen within the regular warranty period. I also say no to security etching, nitrogen tire fill (now that is a major cash cow), fabric protection and under coating as well.
Usually, but they don't know how I'm gonna drive it :)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Here is the warranty as explained to me by the dealer.

"It's built real fine.
It will last a long time.
It won't rust, bust, collect dust, and it's sailor proof."

So I bought the extended warranty.

Dave