Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people purchased the extended warranty?

How many people purchased the extended warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 115 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 160 52.5%
  • May purchase before warranty expires

Votes: 30 9.8%

• Total voters
That warranty you people keep referring to is an extended service plan .. The actual warranty from Ford Motor Company was included in the price of the car

It's such a dealer scam but the consumers don't seem to care about giving away $10 per month . There is no such thing as a good deal at ANY dealership ; period ! All that fancy crap they have is because you people bought that stupid service plan , traded in your vehicles and over paid on parts !

Dpro

6000 Post Club
That warranty you people keep referring to is an extended service plan .. The actual warranty from Ford Motor Company was included in the price of the car

It's such a dealer scam but the consumers don't seem to care about giving away $10 per month . There is no such thing as a good deal at ANY dealership ; period ! All that fancy crap they have is because you people bought that stupid service plan , traded in your vehicles and over paid on parts !
Actually the Premium plan is an extended warranty it also covers all kinds of things beside mechanical stuff. Blend door actuators. , speakers, all things electrical . Its worth it when you can get it online . I just bought it online for $1490 for 8 years. Its worth it considering the stuff likely to fail is all the electrical BS like I listed . I have seen it happen to too many people . I just had my own blend door actuator and mode actuator fail in the first 3 years of ownership and it was covered in my 3 year and it would have cost $485 if I had not been covered. Given the amount of times these things have failed and how much below invoice I got my car for it was a no brainer for the added piece of mind.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Whatever makes you happy. Not worth it to me. My family keeps vehicles till they disintegrate, so I definitely know about long-term ownership.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Whatever makes you happy. Not worth it to me. My family keeps vehicles till they disintegrate, so I definitely know about long-term ownership.

I will quote a friend of mine who is a professional tech. Who when working at independent shops never believed in the extended warranty. “ Dave I used to be against extended warranties and called them ripoffs till I started working for dealerships and saw just how much stuff breaks and comes in and what it costs on all the newer cars. Now I believe its totally worth it”
Thing is this Ford is not exactly known for the kind of quality one might get from a Toyota and my friend worked for Toyota! lol
Having already had two blend door actuators fail and totally being able to afford the extra $1500 for 5 more years of coverage thats transferrable should I decide to sell the car a few years down the road it was a no brainer. I have watched people report a number of things failing on these cars that was not drivetrain related that either A was a pain in the ass to fix or B somewhat costly. You do you and take the chance . While I still do some mechanical wrenching my days of tearing car interiors apart to fix electrical crap and dash stuff are over.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I will quote a friend of mine who is a professional tech. Who when working at independent shops never believed in the extended warranty. “ Dave I used to be against extended warranties and called them ripoffs till I started working for dealerships and saw just how much stuff breaks and comes in and what it costs on all the newer cars. Now I believe its totally worth it”
Thing is this Ford is not exactly known for the kind of quality one might get from a Toyota and my friend worked for Toyota! lol
Having already had two blend door actuators fail and totally being able to afford the extra $1500 for 5 more years of coverage thats transferrable should I decide to sell the car a few years down the road it was a no brainer. I have watched people report a number of things failing on these cars that was not drivetrain related that either A was a pain in the ass to fix or B somewhat costly. You do you and take the chance . While I still do some mechanical wrenching my days of tearing car interiors apart to fix electrical crap and dash stuff are over.
Whatever makes you happy. I prefer to do things myself automotive, lawn, house and everything in between. 4 years of ownership and 16,000 miles. Zero issues with the blender door. I keep it on the same setting 90% of the time. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.