Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people purchased the extended warranty?

How many people purchased the extended warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 115 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 160 52.5%
  • May purchase before warranty expires

Votes: 30 9.8%

• Total voters

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Did you guys get the extended warranty on your Fiesta ST?

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Did you guys get the extended warranty on the Fiesta ST?
No but going by how pushy the finance managers are, I bet they get 80% of customers to purchase it. Since I'm leasing and have a 39 month "shelf life" an extended warranty is a waste of money. If you did purchase it, I hope you paid no more than 50% of what they originally asked. You can and should always negotiate the price of all add ons. Add ons are where dealers make a huge amount of profit. I kept telling the finance manager no.. no... no... I could have purchased the extended warranty for pennies on the dollar once I said no enough times. I still did not want it, so I declined.

CanadianST

I didn't bother since I plan on modding the car quite abit. Just going to wait till the warranty runs out to really get into it though.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I didn't bother since I plan on modding the car quite abit. Just going to wait till the warranty runs out to really get into it though.
I thought this way too till i got it home opened the hood and installed the Quick Shift... been in therapy ever since... LOL I figure my Cobb AP took care of any real warranty if push comes to shove Ford has more legal staff and deeper pockets than I ever will... YMMV

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
My dealer at first wanted $1800 then she went down to $1400, but I still declined lol.

My dealer offered it for $1k. I know the finance guy gets a commission, But I cant predict how tight money will be in the future and the way I see it $17 a month would be much easier to swallow than a big repair bill down the road.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
My dealer offered it for $1k. I know the finance guy gets a commission, But I cant predict how tight money will be in the future and the way I see it $17 a month would be much easier to swallow than a big repair bill down the road.
I can't remember, but does the extended warranty come with a deductible?

TheStig

Wow, I guess I got really lucky. The finance person I dealt with pumped almost another 1000$ into my trade after the fact and gave me an extended warranty. He said he did it because I was so upside down on my trade in. So I got an extended warranty for free.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Wow, I guess I got really lucky. The finance person I dealt with pumped almost another 1000$ into my trade after the fact and gave me an extended warranty. He said he did it because I was so upside down on my trade in. So I got an extended warranty for free.
You are lucky my guy took 1k out of my trade because they called it a "Niche" vehicle... no i'm not bitter .... [rant]

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
You are lucky my guy took 1k out of my trade because they called it a "Niche" vehicle... no i'm not bitter .... [rant]
This is ONE major reason I waited so long to get the FiST. Every dealer I took my pristine 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 to, lowballed me when they gave me a trade in quote offer. $13,000-$14,000 on a 3 year old car with only 35k miles is ridiculous and pathetic, especially since Kelley Blue Book and NADA says the car is worth $16,000 PLUS (trade) with the options mine had. I still owed 15.6k to the bank. Instead, I sold the car for $17.5k and applied the difference directly as the down payment on the lease. No out of pocket money was needed to lease the FiST. [biggrin]

Perry

I always look at it this way. If I take the added amount per month I would have to pay in order to obtain an extended warranty--let's say $17/mo, just to go with the same number as above--and put that aside each month in a "rainy day" account, even with the abysmally, horridly low interest rates on offer these days, in 3 years I've got a little over $600 saved, in five years over a grand, and I'm well on the way to paying for whatever repairs I'm likely to need. Granted, if I need something truly big, I will still have to dip into other savings, but if I've bought a good vehicle, as I believe I have, and I take care of it, as I surely plan to do, it's unlikely I'll need the extended warranty beyond what I'll have saved. And when I sell or trade the car, if I haven't used the money, well, it's a good start on the next.

Multiplying this idea by all the items for which I receive offers of extended warranties, I can instead be putting aside that money and investing it--and if I put it into a conservative mutual fund, I'll likely get a decent return over time--and coming out well ahead over the years.

I have a brother who is an actuary. He has promised me that if he ever hears of me buying an extended warranty, he will slap me. Of course, he also strongly suggests saving for a rainy day. Got the idea from Ben Franklin, he says.

TheStig

This is ONE major reason I waited so long to get the FiST. Every dealer I took my pristine 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 to, lowballed me when they gave me a trade in quote offer. $13,000-$14,000 on a 3 year old car with only 35k miles is ridiculous and pathetic, especially since Kelley Blue Book and NADA says the car is worth $16,000 PLUS (trade) with the options mine had. I still owed 15.6k to the bank. Instead, I sold the car for $17.5k and applied the difference directly as the down payment on the lease. No out of pocket money was needed to lease the FiST. [biggrin]
They wanted to give me 12.5k for my 2011 MS3 with almost 60k miles on it. After I left financing I got nearly 17k out of my trade.

But I did go at the end of the month, and last day of the year...

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I wasn't going to pay for something extra that I'm more than likely just going to void anyway lol
So no, I didnt opt for it.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I bought dent repair, extended warranty, parts insurance and GPS. The parts and dent repair are zero deductible for 100K miles. This includes the turbo, clutch, and brake pads, as well as all scheduled maintenance. The GPS is like LoJack. Police turn on the GPS finder if my car is stolen. The dealer and I negotiated for 3 hours. Price for just parts insurance originally was $4000.00. The finance guy wanted $7000.00 for all three. I told the finance guy I would finance everything, and then he gave me his best offer, $2995.00.

I paid for everything with a check, and also put $3000.00 down. I got financing from my credit union for 0.99%

I did go with the "extra care" or whatever you call it,first he tried doing the 100k mi. Deal, I said no,then we went 5yrs or 75k mi for $1400. Yea I got suckered,but when he was telling me I can replace the rims if they get bent,scuffed,whatever(as much as I would love different wheels,it most likely isn't going to happen,plus I get so many compliments on how great the black/grey rims look against the black car anyway,and I agree) for as many times I want,as well as any dents and key fobs,it sounded good at the moment. Going back I prob wouldn't of done it.[facepalm]

I couldn't agree more. Paying 15 more dollars month is worth any fat repair you will have to make in the future
Yea that's exactly what I was thinking to myself at the time,I guess I'm glad I have it in the long run. Commuting to NYC on a weekly basis off the NJ parkway and Turnpike I'm bound to get a few dings, so hopefully in the end it'll pay for itself. I'll even be satisfied if I could recover 75% of it, the rest woulda been worth it just having a somewhat "peace of mind" while driving. It's all good.

I'm an idiot. I bought the extended warranty. My own step-nephew hard-sold me. I'm sure with all the mods I've done it's no good anyway. Well, live and learn!