Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Transformer: Anyone get the BT upgrade yet?

Has anyone here gotten the Turbo Transformer bluetooth upgrade yet? I have the original unit and of course, more power would certainly be welcome. Is it noticeably faster? Have you tried it vs a OTS or custom tune?

Thanks.

For whatever reason, you just won't find any decent non-argumentative conversation about Turbo Transformer here. If someone has it, they're likely not to admit it.

OP
P
Thread Starter #4
For whatever reason, you just won't find any decent non-argumentative conversation about Turbo Transformer here. If someone has it, they're likely not to admit it.
It's not the first time I have heard something like that. However, I simply don't see the relevance. Piggybacks are effective and common practice in many (read premium) cars.

Regardless, I'd like to hear some feedback.

OP
P
Thread Starter #6
Well, I would provide comparison by Ameya only has them for the Android platform.

I've had mine in for about a week. I can honestly tell you the difference is significant, and immediate. I actually have to pay close attention to throttle position in 2nd gear, or the tires will break loose at around 3k rpm. I've kept it at the default setting of 4.75 psi (i believe it is). Max setting's at 8 psi. The new units look a lot higher quality than the former. The power difference you feel will be in the low to mid range. I've noticed the biggest improvement when downshifting to 4th to pass. The slight lag (for lack of a better term) is gone, now.

Just as important as the noticeable power increase, is the customer service I've gotten from Ameya. They stand by the product 100% and will do whatever it takes to keep their customers happy.

OP
P
Thread Starter #8
I've had mine in for about a week. I can honestly tell you the difference is significant, and immediate. I actually have to pay close attention to throttle position in 2nd gear, or the tires will break loose at around 3k rpm. I've kept it at the default setting of 4.75 psi (i believe it is). Max setting's at 8 psi. The new units look a lot higher quality than the former. The power difference you feel will be in the low to mid range. I've noticed the biggest improvement when downshifting to 4th to pass. The slight lag (for lack of a better term) is gone, now.

Just as important as the noticeable power increase, is the customer service I've gotten from Ameya. They stand by the product 100% and will do whatever it takes to keep their customers happy.
Awesome. When I installed the original turbo transformer, I noticed more power all around. Even in the upper rev range. Am I to understand that with the BT upgrade, there is more noticeable gain in the lower and mid with little to no improvement in the upper?

There is gain in the upper. I just noticed the most difference low to mid range. Upper is just harder to "butt-feel", because I use the point of traction break as an easy reference.

I had something similar in my BMW 135i due to easy install/removal prior to service. No ECU flash tracking, so no foul. I enjoyed mine, but removed it after 3 months and a couple tickets. ;-)