Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wanting to order a Fiesta Asap. How long is the wait? Anyone debate a Focus vs the Fiesta?

Well im looking to order asap but I believe they aren't going to be available for a while. Dealers cant give me an eta. Anyone know when 16 production starts on these cars?

Also I have been debating a Focus vs the Fiesta. Price wise its not a huge jump on the cdn website ($3k). Has anyone driven or had seat time in both and mind chiming in on their thoughts between the two?

tia ![wave]

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Well im looking to order asap but I believe they aren't going to be available for a while. Dealers cant give me an eta. Anyone know when 16 production starts on these cars?

Also I have been debating a Focus vs the Fiesta. Price wise its not a huge jump on the cdn website ($3k). Has anyone driven or had seat time in both and mind chiming in on their thoughts between the two?

tia ![wave]
Welcome...

FYI...We have a nice search feature option here on our forum...

Fiesta Order / Delivery time discussion thread..

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/200-Order-Date-Build-Date-Delivery-Date-Thread

Focus to Fiesta Discussion Thread

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/5601-Focus-to-Fiesta

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Welcome...

FYI...We have a nice search feature option here on our forum...

Fiesta Order / Delivery time discussion thread..

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/200-Order-Date-Build-Date-Delivery-Date-Thread

Focus to Fiesta Discussion Thread

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/5601-Focus-to-Fiesta
Yeah been reading countless threads but couldn't find concrete info on when I could order and expect delivery.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Yeah been reading countless threads but couldn't find concrete info on when I could order and expect delivery.
good luck with the search...Both topics have been discussed many times and the answers are in there....But I hear you the threads can require some work reading through them as they are fairly lengthy...

Production for '16 Fiestas started on or right around July 7th 2015. '16 ordering started back in May or so at least. I ordered my 2016 Fiesta ST on June 12th. It showed up at the dealer lot on September 25th. Exactly 15 weeks from order date and over a week sooner than ETA. Some have ordered sooner and gotten their '16 much sooner. Overall the '16 order process is much faster than the '15s were at the beginning of this year with some going into 25 weeks wait I believe.

There is no definitive answer on exactly how long your particular order will take. But I hope that gives you an idea on about how long your wait time may be. Ignore any glimmer of hope when a salesman says it will be 6-8 weeks or whatever optimistic answer they give though.

Ordered our 2016 Fiesta ST from Kennedy Ford on Sept. 19. We were told our car will receive a November build date and should be here late November to mid December.
VIN has not been issued yet.

Have driven both back to back at a Ford event on the same course. Focus has much more body roll from softer suspension and greater weight. Fiesta is tight and a lot more fun. Didn't notice much difference in speed but it was a 2nd gear autocross layout. Bought the Fiesta with no disappointment.

not sure I understand this issue - are STs not available at dealerships? I rolled into South Bay Ford on a Thursday evening, took a cursory spin in a red model, asked them to send over a blue one from another dealership, and picked it up Saturday afternoon. Just wondering...

PS the Fiesta is a bit more fun on the streets than the Focus, although at ST Academy the Focus is arguably just as fun on the big track.

Thread is old but I will bite. Focus ST is a rocket ship from a standstill. Fiesta ST is a better car all around. I just did a GMR run on Monday after 30k miles and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face with sandpaper. This little fiesta is fucking rad.

GAbOS

not sure I understand this issue - are STs not available at dealerships? I rolled into South Bay Ford on a Thursday evening, took a cursory spin in a red model, asked them to send over a blue one from another dealership, and picked it up Saturday afternoon. Just wondering...
Some of us want exactly what we want, and for good reason. You wont find that on any lot without massive luck.

STs at dealers around here are few and far between and now they keep only the base models in stock with little to no options. You're in LA, where they keep a lot of them in stock. I think I read they had 20 something FiSTs in stock at Galpin at one point. That is definitely not the case for anywhere else. Most I've seen of FiSTs in stock at once was two, but a lot of dealers aren't even stocking them anymore.

No dealers anywhere had what I wanted in a 2015. I even did my own searching throughout the entire US. Nothing. I was fine with orange Recaros instead of grey even. Anything that came as a molten orange ST with Recaros came with orange Recaros, and every other option as well or Recaros only and I wanted in dash nav as well as Recaros. I was fine with the grey wheels, but I didn't want to pay extra for them. But my absolute must was no moonroof. Anything with Recaros and nav on the lots had a moonroof. I ended up ordering a 2016 and got exactly what I wanted and got the new Sync 3 system and grey wheels as standard. Plus the car hadn't been sitting on the lot having been test driven (hooned) several times. I plan to keep this car for awhile so I wanted what I wanted. I had already been waiting saving up my money for 2 years, so 3 months was nothing.

STs at dealers around here are few and far between and now they keep only the base models in stock with little to no options. You're in LA, where they keep a lot of them in stock. I think I read they had 20 something FiSTs in stock at Galpin at one point. That is definitely not the case for anywhere else. Most I've seen of FiSTs in stock at once was two, but a lot of dealers aren't even stocking them anymore.
Yikes. I guess I didn't realize LA has an unusually high amount in stock. Sounds like they can be hens teeth out there. And nothing worse than finding one that's been loaded with moonroofs and such, not to mention dealer installed treasures... But the car is definitely worth the wait.

Yikes. I guess I didn't realize LA has an unusually high amount in stock. Sounds like they can be hens teeth out there. And nothing worse than finding one that's been loaded with moonroofs and such, not to mention dealer installed treasures... But the car is definitely worth the wait.
I don't mind some options, but the moonroof was a no-go. Seen too many moonroofs fail and leak. Being that I plan to keep the car 10 years or so the moonroof will likely give me issues before then. Rather save weight and keep the hole out of my roof by getting a car without it from the get go, but the only way to get the other options I wanted without a moonroof was to order the car. If you're not as picky on color and options you can certainly find something that will work for you on a dealer lot somewhere, but I'm too picky. :p

EDIT: I just checked and Galpin Ford currently has 45 brand new Fiesta STs in their online inventory... That is only their inventory, never mind any inventory for any other LA or surrounding dealers that you can pick from. Even with all the ST options, and 3 of them being orange, none of them had a close enough config that I would consider any of the ones on that lot over ordering one. lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Back from the dead, yes, but I wanted to give MY reasons/rationale for ORDERING and yes WAITING a long time for mine, instead of locating.

My local dealer actually had TWO black ones in stock (one of which I test drove).
I will NEVER EVER own a BLACK car again, as long as I live (I will WALK before I do that again!) [nono]

Besides, they were not built the way I wanted them (NO OPTIONS 400A, save for all seasons), and had moon roofs which I REFUSE to have (like some on this thread have mentioned, and for those same stated reasons), and one had the Recaros (which I explained my distrust for in the aftermarket seating thread).

This dealer found a stripped, except for black wheels (which they were NOT going to charge me for) Magnetic ST about a 120 mile round trip away.

I did not want a demo/test driven car to begin with, let alone with those added miles for transport on it, so I built a car just for ME. [wink]