Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ian's 2015 Tuxedo Black ST

i finally found the car i had been waiting for. I traded in my 2014 Focus 5spd in at dealership where i work and took advantage of the 0% financing and got myself out of my cursed focus (3 accidents and a water leak all before 30,000 miles) and into a brand new Fiesta ST. i am in love with this car its so much fun to drive and i am finally satisfied owning a turbo 6 speed hatch. ive driven alot of the Focus ST's while fun and fast i somehow perfer the Fiesta this will be a slow build but pic heavy!
IMG_3506.JPG
First mods: Removed the stubby antenna off my old focus along with the Thule roof rack, also had the recon guy remove the other dealerships sticker and the Fiesta badge off the back.
also got a set of all weather ST floor mats.

next up is window tints and a Boomba BOV adapter. a boost gauge and CAI later on. more later when i have time to take more pics

Ian

Attachments

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys! i have been bitten by the bug already and im no stranger to it either heres a pic of my first build, still in progress as i will never get rid of her. 1993 jeep wrangler YJ 4" lift on 35's rhinolined interior, racing bucket seats, front bumper and a small shackle lift.
IMG_0773.JPG

i'll be posting more pics of the Fiesta as well as the backstory of what happened to the focus, thats all for now thanks for looking!

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #6
My Focus History

So as i said in the beginning, i traded in my 2014 Focus hatchback 5spd for the FiST. my firm belief was that the focus was cursed... i bought it through my dealership using my employee Discount and what not and my only reason for getting a car at the time was because my Jeep's ECU was on the fritz. (Capacitors in the ECU were shot, which made winter start ups a 20 minute ordeal) i was too excited to care i just wanted my car and signed away for it. i thought it was black up until i got it...
IMG_0036.JPG

I had big plans for Sammy as i named her. but after about 3 months the worst happened. early morning driving east taking my Gf home and i crested a hill and couldnt see the vehicle in front of me was stopped and allowing a car in another lane turn right when he had the right of way. boom.
IMG_0550.JPG

i took this as an opportunity to do some upgrades while warranty was paying to have my car fixed. all the right fasteners and everything, only difference was i did not have the active grill shudder once the ST bumper cover was installed no lights on the dash but the module always failed to communicate which i didn't care about
IMG_0716.JPG
IMG_0710.JPG IMG_0675.JPG

When i picked up the car however i was made aware of a water leak into the car as it smelled really strongly of mold. i dropped the car off with them to have them figure it out because it didnt have a sunroof and i water tested it myself to make sure there were no leaks in the weather stripping.

THEIR DIAGNOSIS:
Due to the 10g power wire for my amp that was run through a hole poked in a rubber grommet way up behind the dash my car now had 2" of standing water underneath the carpet. BULL!!!!

Got my carpet replaced under warranty and ionized it the best i could. everything seemed great until...
IMG_1437.JPG IMG_1428.JPG IMG_1426.JPG

A tractor trailer truck was making a right turn onto a side street he
should NOT have been driving on and bam... my girlfriend and i were at buffalo wild wings in New Haven, CT and when we came out i saw pieces of my car across the road and a bunch of people standing around looking at it. i FLIPPED..back to the body shop, oh and this was just after the tints were done too.

3rd time's a charm!
The straw that broke this poor car's back happened on my girlfriends 21st birthday. we were having a nice dinner with her mom and having some drinks and when we finally left and got back to the car, a small crowd of people were near my car, my heart sank. i pressed the unlock button and they all jumped. asking if it was my car, a guy was standing there with the palest face id ever seen just mortified and said "im sorry i hit your car with my Uhaul truck, i have insurance i can give you all my info. i looked and told him, "its my girls birthday, its not that bad. just give me your number and name and call it a night. Pay it forward." IMG_3159.JPG

After that, i was done. i had to get rid of that car before it killed me... i had visions of the next accident to be a scene out of "Christine"

ok now im done ranting about the past. moving onto bigger and better things! thanks for reading

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #7
So i noticed after having the car for approx 3 weeks now that my wheels like to change color on me and the brake dust is horrendous!!! so after work today i decided to clean the rims and make them look nice again. i want to have them powder coated black for the time being until i get new wheels but a clean car is a happy car!
IMG_3764.JPG

I mentioned it in my first post but i finally have pictures of the Roof rack, the stubby antenna and the floor mats
IMG_3767.JPG IMG_3766.JPG IMG_3765.JPG

A question i have for anyone that happens to read this. i recently discovered that the car has Hill start assist and im curious how many of you know of this feature and whether you prefer it on or off. its nice on the steep inclines to hold the brake for you while you switch from brake to gas but it throws off the feel because there is momentary lag while the brakes are released. thanks for the feedback!

Ian

Great story, great upgrade. Sounds like you got away from the Focus just in time.

I happen to love the Hill Assist feature. It holds the brakes for four seconds, hence the delay you mention.

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #9
I felt the same way lol the focus was a great car but a series of unfortunate events led to its demise. i keep the Hill assist on as well. its a nice little feature and really helps. im set to order a Boomba BOV adapter tomorrow because as a first time turbo owner, i gotta hear that boost haha
Great story, great upgrade. Sounds like you got away from the Focus just in time.

I happen to love the Hill Assist feature. It holds the brakes for four seconds, hence the delay you mention.

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #10
Another perk to working as a tech at a dealer is that my family also gets to take advantage of the D-Plan that Ford offers its employees. shortly after i got into my first accident my older brother came into my dealer and traded in his 2012 Mazda 2 that was on its second steering rack and still clunked wicked bad, he got?? you guessed it, a Ingot silver mettalic Focus SE 5spd exactly the same as mine only he had keyless entry. his payment only went up 50 bucks a month and he was into a far better car than what he previously had.

Attachments

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #11
Ordered my Boomba BOV adapter today. Super stoked to get the mods rolling on the car. They only had Black anodized in stock which idc cuz it's not like anyone is gonna know what color it is except me. Stay tuned for install pics!

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #12
Boomba BOV adapter Install

So its been a little while since i updated due to my itunes going on the fritz and i couldn't import any pictures from my phone, but now that its squared away i installed the boomba BOV

First things first got the car up on jack stands and ready to remove the RF wheel
View attachment 7217

This is a pic of the stock setup before removing the three 5mm hex bolts
IMG_3820.jpg

The adapter before the install, its looks too pretty to not be seen, but boy itll be heard
IMG_3810.jpg

BOV adapter put together before installing it, i used a drop of loctite on each of the extended bolts just for insurance so they wont back out over time
IMG_3823.jpg

And finally the BOV adapter installed and everything tightened down. i couldnt be happier with how it came out. hearing that sound makes me giggle everytime i let off. it can get slightly annoying on the highway but cruise control helps out with that plus i cant get enough of the sound so i'm ok with it.
IMG_3831.jpg

Also put both Boomba sticker on the rear quarter windows and i think they look pretty good.
IMG_3834.jpg

Also got a chance to sticker bomb my roof rack faring with cycling stickers i got from a cyclocross race in Providence
IMG_3804.jpg

Thats all i have for now! look forward to any and all comments!

Ian