Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intake tube change for 2016?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I'm sorry I fail to see any drastic changes.. Can you explain what you're trying to show with the circled part

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It looks like they added a check valve.

Dave

Siestarider

And what is that larger diameter hose under the right hand side of engine cover, just above the maybe check valve in the 2016 photo? Added insulation or something else?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
[MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION],
Please verify what that part is.
Please verify the lay out/path differences of that hose between the '14 and '16 so we can tell what it does and why it was changed.

Dave

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I don't readily have access to a '16. I happen to see the change when a member posted a picture of receiving his new '16. I looked on fordparts.com and there are no changes in part # between '14 and '16, however we can see there's a difference.

I was upset to see this too I failed to check when I was installing an Injen intake on my 16 it will not work, maybe an adapter will be created or a new mold for the tubes. Hoping this will be worked out soon.

Db84drteg

The other tube goes to the hot side charge pipe below the symposer. There were no sensors on it and the connection to the intake tube was merely restricted and allowed flow both ways. I ended up plugging it up as I saw no appreciable reason for it to be connected. I'll update if there are any problems.

^^ This has been tried before, you'll eventually throw a CEL. Boomba sells check valves in various sizes that will work.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The 2016 has a FORD part(valve body?) attached, actually glued to the intake. It has 2 connections, one looks to be a 3/8 and one a 1/2 inch hose and connectors that fit the valve. The valve itself is straight through for the 1/2" connection and the 3/8" is a one way valve to the intake. Mountune says they should have one out in a few months for the 2016.

Injen claims to have a new intake for the 2016 but their web site has no info other than a part number. I emailed and asked them for info and got the same thing back, just a part number. So they are a mystery. Seems they are not on it at all, the will sell you one but they apparently know nothing about what they are trying to sell or even have pictures.......I'll wait for Mountune, Mishimoto has introduced one for the '14 and '15 but not the '16.

If you are out of warranty the 2015 Mountune intake and others could be adapted easily with a few fittings but I am not chopping my car hoses up with 250 miles on it!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Just got instructions from Injen for 2016 intake installation. After reading the below note I will wait for the Mountune intake hose as adding this Injen device to the restrictive factory intake hose just does not seem to make sense. Nor do their instructions. I can't for the life of me see why removing the bumper and battery box is required or a professional mechanic to install it!

"Note: The installation of this cold air intake does require mechanical skills. Removal of the front bumper requires loosening and removing several plastic plugs and screws that may be difficult. In addition to removing the bumper, you will also have to remove the air resonator box, battery and tray when beginning this installation. Injen strongly recommends that this system be installed by a professional mechanic."

As previously stated Injen does not seem to have their act together yet on this part. If the instruction quality is this poor what is the part like? Can you imagine pulling the bumper and battery/tray only to find out you had no reason to do so? My first interface with Injen has not been confidence inspiring in their business.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I opted to buy the Mishimoto Induction Hose for my 2016, which includes an adapter. I will be curious to see how this works. I currently have a stock intake hose with the purge line deleted so I imagine I can cap this adapter as such.

Mishimoto said:
Mishimoto's Fiesta ST induction hose is more durable and will outlast the stock components substantially. To promote improved airflow, this hose has been designed with a smooth internal surface, unlike the accordion-style bends in stock hoses. This particular kit includes a silicone PCV adapter to allow perfect fitment on the 2016+ model Fiesta ST. Whether you are entering your Fiesta ST in the local autocross, or lapping at your next track day, trust Mishimoto and our line of parts to keep your Fiesta ST cool. The Mishimoto 2016+ Fiesta ST Silicone Induction Hose Kit is available in black, blue, or red to match your styling preference. This kit, like our entire line of Fiesta ST performance parts, includes the signature Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
http://www.mishimoto.com/ford-fiesta-st-silicone-induction-hose-2016.html

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Just jumped in.........wish they had yellow as an option but I ordered blue. Thanks for the post, I had looked at their site a week ago and did not see this! I think the MP-215 and this intake hose will be happy partners. Dyno looks like a little more low end grunt and less peaky......should be great for our curvy mountain roads here!

gilst

Hi ! guys I just found very useful this post, im Gilberto and im from Mexico City, i also have a Fiesta ST 2016 and i acquire an injen intake, but i?ve the same problem to fittin it. how you guys solve this? i found in maperformance.com an adaptor line to retrofit previous years maperformance intakes in to FiST 2016?

What do you guys think, believe that it can be used for other intakes?

https://www.maperformance.com/colle...by-maperformance-2013-ford-fiesta-st-fist-cai

Hi ! guys I just found very useful this post, im Gilberto and im from Mexico City, i also have a Fiesta ST 2016 and i acquire an injen intake, but i?ve the same problem to fittin it. how you guys solve this? i found in maperformance.com an adaptor line to retrofit previous years maperformance intakes in to FiST 2016?

What do you guys think, believe that it can be used for other intakes?

https://www.maperformance.com/colle...by-maperformance-2013-ford-fiesta-st-fist-cai

Just to share the info, my wife bought me a 14/15 Injen CAI to my birthday. Having a 16 naturally I didn't think it was different so I had research on here once I found the extra line. Im happy to say, and the car is very happy again I may add, the MAP adaptor works beautifully. Just email them and you can get it by itself $40 shipped. Side note, I'm unsure if i hooked it up backwards but the 90 degree that snaps onto the intake pipe didn't fit on the Injen. So i just cut the one off the factory line and attached it to the adaptor. I zip-tie it to secure it a little better. Kinda ghetto but it's black on black and unless you really look for it you don't even notice it.