Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance Fiesta Charge Pipe Kit R&D, Results, and Information

Rhinopolis

image.jpg

Mine snapped "clean" at the hot side bracing point. I have the RMM and am not concerned to drive minus the brace and nut. No other damage is apparent, and should I worry or replace?

EDIT : I should have probably posted this in a separate thread. My apologies to MAP, not intentionally thread jacking, and my post is related to the Cobb charge pipes, NOT the MAP ones.

J2FoRS

View attachment 7283
Mine snapped "clean" at the hot side bracing point. I have the RMM and am not concerned to drive minus the brace and nut. No other damage is apparent, and should I worry or replace?
EDIT : I should have probably posted this in a separate thread. My apologies to MAP, not intentionally thread jacking, and my post is related to the Cobb charge pipes, NOT the MAP ones.
Seeing as its likely under warranty why not send Cobb the pics and stuff and have them replaced regardless. I would! Never hurts to have a new set. And I wouldn't call it hijacking. If anything it's advertising help for people to buy MAP instead of Cobb :p hehe

Rhinopolis

Seeing as its likely under warranty why not send Cobb the pics and stuff and have them replaced regardless. I would! Never hurts to have a new set. And I wouldn't call it hijacking. If anything it's advertising help for people to buy MAP instead of Cobb :p hehe
I would replace if it were a real problem, and not having to remove the front clip to access the FMIC connections unless I absolutely have to, is also part of my reason for not asking Cobb to replace. I work 12 hour days M-F and some weekend hours too. I love to tinker, but there's other things I enjoy doing too :)

J2FoRS

Intakes - Already shipping
Exhaust - 2nd production run (1st run is all gone) will be about a week
Charge pipes - About a week for shipping, add another week for wrinkle black
Intercooler - 2 weeks
Downpipes - 1-2 weeks

[MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION]

J2FoRS

Has anyone received their order for charge pipes/bov or IC? Or heard anything about them since placing it?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Has anyone received their order for charge pipes/bov or IC? Or heard anything about them since placing it?
A few weeks ago I special ordered just the cold side hard pipe (from throttle body to IC) in wrinkle black and called early this week for update....Was told they were just sent out to powder coat and should be ready early next week to ship....

J2FoRS

A few weeks ago I special ordered just the cold side hard pipe (from throttle body to IC) in wrinkle black and called early this week for update....Was told they were just sent out to powder coat and should be ready early next week to ship....
Who did you speak with?

J2FoRS

I think it was Aaron Johnson..

You should receive a tracking number via email once it ships...
Thanks.
And yes but I ordered the full charge pipe kit with BOV and the FMIC. But can't get any proper responses from MAP as to when it will be complete or if the IC's are even being built/any sort of ETA. At least you heard yours existed and was going to powder coating.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thanks.
And yes but I ordered the full charge pipe kit with BOV and the FMIC. But can't get any proper responses from MAP as to when it will be complete or if the IC's are even being built/any sort of ETA. At least you heard yours existed and was going to powder coating.
Yup...I called and just gave them my sales order number and they were able to easily track where my order was in the process...I know they mentioned there was a bit of a delay in manufacture ...but I did get confirmation (over the phone and via email ) that my pipe was just sent out to powder coat...

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #33
We are certainly sorry about the delays... We have been scrambling to get parts put together for everyone who pre-ordered and I would like to take the time to get you guys up to speed. Essentially the design and testing portions have been done, BUT we ran into some glitches with our CNC Lathe that held back production runs on many key components across several lines of manufacture. This is simply a hiccup and nothing to be concerned about when it comes to the final product, HOWEVER it did result in ETA's being extended. We are sorry for the confusion this has caused but the parts that require CNC components include (but are not necessarily limited to):

MAP Fiesta ST Intercooler Charge Pipe Upgrade Kit
MAP Fiesta ST Intercooler with Billet End tanks

The Charge pipe kit has a couple of machined components that we haven't been able to product due to the machinery outage. We have been working back and forth with the manufacturer of our CNC to get it operational and we believe we have the failure located and the part to fix ordered, but again... this did cause a production delay.

I certainly want to extend our apologies as this delay certainly isn't ideal, but we also want to take all appropriate steps to ensure that our components are made in house rather than outsourced simply to fill back orders. We take our quality and the quality of our final product very seriously.

I certainly encourage anyone with concerns to reach out to me and send me a private message!

koozy

3000 Post Club
We are certainly sorry about the delays... We have been scrambling to get parts put together for everyone who pre-ordered and I would like to take the time to get you guys up to speed. Essentially the design and testing portions have been done, BUT we ran into some glitches with our CNC Lathe that held back production runs on many key components across several lines of manufacture. This is simply a hiccup and nothing to be concerned about when it comes to the final product, HOWEVER it did result in ETA's being extended. We are sorry for the confusion this has caused but the parts that require CNC components include (but are not necessarily limited to):

The Charge pipe kit has a couple of machined components that we haven't been able to product due to the machinery outage. We have been working back and forth with the manufacturer of our CNC to get it operational and we believe we have the failure located and the part to fix ordered, but again... this did cause a production delay.

I certainly want to extend our apologies as this delay certainly isn't ideal, but we also want to take all appropriate steps to ensure that our components are made in house rather than outsourced simply to fill back orders. We take our quality and the quality of our final product very seriously.

I certainly encourage anyone with concerns to reach out to me and send me a private message!
it'd be nice to know what your name is and who is the designated rep for MAP here on the forum. It was nice before to have Adam and we all knew it was Adam when he posted for MAP. Now there's a ghost behind these recent MAP postings.

it'd be nice to know what your name is and who is the designated rep for MAP here on the forum. It was nice before to have Adam and we all knew it was Adam when he posted for MAP. Now there's a ghost behind these recent MAP postings.
+1, I would also like to know if they are going to continue developing parts for the Fist ?

koozy

3000 Post Club
+1, I would also like to know if they are going to continue developing parts for the Fist ?
yeah, I was looking forward to stock frame turbo upgrade options Adam mentioned and a cast manifold with bigger turbo kit options.

J2FoRS

Thanks for the updates Nate, much appreciated and good to hear things are heading back on track.

I look forward to the finished products, and hopefully more to come from MAP. (IE stock frame turbo) [raceflag]

hopefully not too off topic here but is there any advantage to the vacuum driven BOV over the electric? Is it a durability thing?

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #39
hopefully not too off topic here but is there any advantage to the vacuum driven BOV over the electric? Is it a durability thing?
Typically Vacuum driven are faster reacting, capable of more holding capacity and generally put, any time you can introduce a mechanically simpler system, there are benefits outside the scope of pure performance... meaning simplicity is often better for long term durability. I think for this example, the primary concern is boost holding capabilities.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #40
We are absolutely in the process of continuing to develop parts for the Fiesta ST parts. In fact, I was JUST looking at a billet turbo upgrade that we will go into testing with VERY soon!