Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance Fiesta Charge Pipe Kit R&D, Results, and Information

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #41
it'd be nice to know what your name is and who is the designated rep for MAP here on the forum. It was nice before to have Adam and we all knew it was Adam when he posted for MAP. Now there's a ghost behind these recent MAP postings.
My name is Nate... and I am the Sales Manager, here at MAP. I haven't introduced myself only because Adam's departure was rather abrupt and we are considering handing the forum interactions over to one of our more Ecoboost focused sales guys, here... but I have to transition some of his busy work off his plate to transition him this way. Again... a lot of things sort of suddenly jumped at us over the last week. Rest assured, in the back ground, nothing substantial is changing... but in the forums, there are some things that need to get shifted around to better serve you guys!

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #43
I think it will rock people's socks... to be honest... it is a SUBSTANTIAL upgrade over stock. Essentially, we are talking about 19T Billet compressor wheel with a TD04L turbine wheel...comparing it to the stock turbo... well... it's basically a thumper...lol

koozy

3000 Post Club
I think it will rock people's socks... to be honest... it is a SUBSTANTIAL upgrade over stock. Essentially, we are talking about 19T Billet compressor wheel with a TD04L turbine wheel...comparing it to the stock turbo... well... it's basically a thumper...lol
Awesome, looking forward to the development.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #45
Awesome, looking forward to the development.
So am I! Should make for a super fun little turbo!

Obviously, we will be doing everything we can to keep you guys in the loop as to that project... however, depending on results, we might end up doing some tweaking here or there before we are ready to release too much. I just wanted to respond to let everyone know we are absolutely still working on new parts for the Fiesta ST!

koozy

3000 Post Club
So am I! Should make for a super fun little turbo!

Obviously, we will be doing everything we can to keep you guys in the loop as to that project... however, depending on results, we might end up doing some tweaking here or there before we are ready to release too much. I just wanted to respond to let everyone know we are absolutely still working on new parts for the Fiesta ST!
Can you let us know if you've secured another Fiesta ST test car or are you still working with Adam and his car for Fiesta ST product development? Just trying to gauge how long development and product releases are going to take.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #47
Can you let us know if you've secured another Fiesta ST test car or are you still working with Adam and his car for Fiesta ST product development? Just trying to gauge how long development and product releases are going to take.
I don't want to go into too much detail here other than to say, our access to the development Fiesta should be unhindered. Consider the R&D process still in a joint capacity with Adam. He is actually currently running our prototype intercooler to develop tunes for it, for example. To specifically address your concerns, I don't foresee any scenario in which R&D would be held up for any reason as we are both still working together towards the common goal of increasing the fun factor for this platform!

On another point, believe me...if we DO bump into a hurdle, for any reason, that causes an ongoing situation where our access is limited (again... something I really don't think is very viable), we would probably just spring for another car.

I hope that helps put your concerns at bay

koozy

3000 Post Club
I don't want to go into too much detail here other than to say, our access to the development Fiesta should be unhindered. Consider the R&D process still in a joint capacity with Adam. He is actually currently running our prototype intercooler to develop tunes for it, for example. To specifically address your concerns, I don't foresee any scenario in which R&D would be held up for any reason as we are both still working together towards the common goal of increasing the fun factor for this platform!

On another point, believe me...if we DO bump into a hurdle, for any reason, that causes an ongoing situation where our access is limited (again... something I really don't think is very viable), we would probably just spring for another car.

I hope that helps put your concerns at bay
I appreciate the reply and will let MAP's actions speak for itself in the coming weeks, months, etc.

J2FoRS

[MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION] are you going to be doing any install videos for the FiST like your other cars on YouTube? I assume it's somewhat straight forward to install the charge pipe/BOV combo but maybe not? Lol. I love your guys instructional vids but haven't seen FiST ones.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #51
[MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION] are you going to be doing any install videos for the FiST like your other cars on YouTube? I assume it's somewhat straight forward to install the charge pipe/BOV combo but maybe not? Lol. I love your guys instructional vids but haven't seen FiST ones.
Absolutely. Essentially, what you are referring to is part of our new marketing process. New product releases will be attached to marketing and informational campaigns to both inform and assist the end users with as much information as possible... to not only educate but also to support the product by way of instructions!

J2FoRS

Absolutely. Essentially, what you are referring to is part of our new marketing process. New product releases will be attached to marketing and informational campaigns to both inform and assist the end users with as much information as possible... to not only educate but also to support the product by way of instructions!
Sounds good. Are these videos going to be made known via the product pages on your website and/or posted here on the forum? I subscribe to your YouTube channel and Facebook so I'll likely notice but if people don't they may never know when or if such instructional videos may come available.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #53
We will be disseminating them across all media outlets, including this forum, sir! Good question, I might add!

So what's up with the status on these, has anyone received theirs yet? I've been emailing back and forth with MAP but no word (other than "next week" and "should be shipping today") on my shipment yet. Ordered on Oct. 5th.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #55
What are you waiting on, sir? I can get you an update. I KNOW that the block off plates required for some of the charge pipe options were just finally put into production... so some of those kits were delayed as test fitting had to be confirmed post design process... but they are proofed and being made and should be shipping very shortly!

I got everything and got it very quickly. I now have sitting at home the IC, Charge pipes w/BOV and the intake. Unfortunately I think I am going to wait till spring to install. Just don't know if I want to subject these beautiful parts to our harsh Canadian winter and salt.

OP
maperformance

maperformance

Thread Starter #57
I got everything and got it very quickly. I now have sitting at home the IC, Charge pipes w/BOV and the intake. Unfortunately I think I am going to wait till spring to install. Just don't know if I want to subject these beautiful parts to our harsh Canadian winter and salt.
HAHAHAHAa... that is very kind, however, the salt should clean up pretty well as all parts are actually stainless and they wash down pretty nicely after terrible winter salts. We are in Minnesota, so I absolutely understand your concerns, sir!

What are you waiting on, sir? I can get you an update. I KNOW that the block off plates required for some of the charge pipe options were just finally put into production... so some of those kits were delayed as test fitting had to be confirmed post design process... but they are proofed and being made and should be shipping very shortly!
Everything arrived today, I got the shipment notification the day after I posted my above comment. Can't wait to get it all installed!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
How much is just the cold pipe? For us peeps that already upgraded the warm pipe because of the resonator.